or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 598

post #8956 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Are you sure you're not thinking of a Grenadine tie? It's a specially woven silk tie, not knit, although it resembles a knit tie visually.

Howard Yount has some.
post #8957 of 28723
I'm planning to have a tailor make tapered suit pants. I'm skinny. The leg opening will be 19 cm/7.5 inch and my question is what should the knee width be? Thanks and sorry for the possibly confusing grammar.
post #8958 of 28723
Suede Shoes in summer?

I see a LOT of guys on here sporting lace up suede shoes with their summer wear - even with suits.

Now, my father would tell you that this is a TOTAL tabu - but given the fact that I see so much of it out there is it fair to say that this taboo is officially lifted?

I admit I like the look and I realize that we've all been wearing suede slip ons (driving shoes and loafers) in the summer for a LONG time. And the traditional white bucks with red soles certainly are acceptable with a sport coat and trousers.

I'm just struggling with whether or not it's really acceptable now to wear lace up beige or light brown suede shoes with a summer suit.
post #8959 of 28723
^
I've heard about the rule (on this forum). However, I wear suede all year round.
post #8960 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
Suede Shoes in summer? I see a LOT of guys on here sporting lace up suede shoes with their summer wear - even with suits. Now, my father would tell you that this is a TOTAL tabu - but given the fact that I see so much of it out there is it fair to say that this taboo is officially lifted? I admit I like the look and I realize that we've all been wearing suede slip ons (driving shoes and loafers) in the summer for a LONG time. And the traditional white bucks with red soles certainly are acceptable with a sport coat and trousers. I'm just struggling with whether or not it's really acceptable now to wear lace up beige or light brown suede shoes with a summer suit.
I've never heard of that rule. Sounds like one you should feel free to break whenever the hell you feel like it.
post #8961 of 28723
I recently spot-cleaned a white garment (100% cotton, if it helps) using diluted bleach, only to have the bleach strip the white out and leave the spots a tarnished yellow color, which I presume is actually the natural color of the cotton. After some reading I decided to try soaking the spots in white vinegar and rinsing. This helped, but the spots are still noticeable in the right light. Has anyone found any other methods that work for whitening fabric to actual white, rather than just off-white, or perhaps a product that works to cover up such spots? Any help would be much appreciated.
post #8962 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post
whats better: buy size 32 pants and have the waist taken in an inch, or buy size 30 and have the waist let out an inch??

It is easier to take waist in
post #8963 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post
I recently spot-cleaned a white garment (100% cotton, if it helps) using diluted bleach, only to have the bleach strip the white out and leave the spots a tarnished yellow color, which I presume is actually the natural color of the cotton. After some reading I decided to try soaking the spots in white vinegar and rinsing. This helped, but the spots are still noticeable in the right light. Has anyone found any other methods that work for whitening fabric to actual white, rather than just off-white, or perhaps a product that works to cover up such spots? Any help would be much appreciated.

You really should've asked for advice before you started putting bleach on your clothing...
post #8964 of 28723
Agreed. Really I should've known better, but being as I can't change what's already happened, any ideas?
post #8965 of 28723
Hi!

A quick question about shoe size. I normally wear a UK 7 E size (i.e. Tricker's). I saw a nice deal on Church's but the size is a UK 7 G. Is that a huge difference in fit? Would it still be comfortable to wear?
post #8966 of 28723
Anybody have any experience with Sacha shoes? Was told about them today.
post #8967 of 28723
What book does every SF member have to read about Men Clothing?
post #8968 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post
whats better: buy size 32 pants and have the waist taken in an inch, or buy size 30 and have the waist let out an inch??

That depends on how it fits elsewhere. If not trying on first, it might be possible estimate by the fit of other pants or knowledge of so-called figure variations (for example, a relatively large behind).
post #8969 of 28723
My uniform for work is black shoes, black trousers, black shirt, and a tie. Should I just buy a plain black tie, or are there any colors which could work against a completely black outfit?
post #8970 of 28723
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcnamee View Post
My uniform for work is black shoes, black trousers, black shirt, and a tie.

Should I just buy a plain black tie, or are there any colors which could work against a completely black outfit?

Where do you work that requires you to wear black on black? Im not really a big fan of black shirts in general but a mid grey tie might work well for you. Whatever you do dont wear a white tie or you will look like a tool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here