or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 487

post #7291 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
I believe you are incorrect. Flusser describes side vents as an English traditional look. Side vents were originally designed for wear when riding horses, so there is nothing modern about it.

http://www.throughtherye.com/flusser/ch2part2.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
Very seriously, you have 100% no idea what you are talking about.

Okay fair enough, here's my explanation. American suit styles are tradtionally a single vent down the middle. English are common for double. For an American suit to have a double vent its more of a modern look. Now that doesn't mean it's fashion forward what so ever. I just mean that traditionally single or no vents with American suits.
post #7292 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post
Okay fair enough, here's my explanation. American suit styles are tradtionally a single vent down the middle. English are common for double. For an American suit to have a double vent its more of a modern look. Now that doesn't mean it's fashion forward what so ever. I just mean that traditionally single or no vents with American suits.

You were responding to a question about it being fashion forward. To me fashion forward is 'trendy' and not a classic look. Side vents are absolutely traditional.
post #7293 of 28243
What color belt for burgundy shoes? Do I need to get burgundy belt?
post #7294 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by matstyleku View Post
What color belt for burgundy shoes? Do I need to get burgundy belt?

For dress shoes, yes.
post #7295 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
For dress shoes, yes.

No. Wouldn't hurt to have one, but brown tends to work pretty well unless the shoe is very much on the red side.

The only time the color has to be an exact match is with black. Black shoes, black belt. Black belt? Stick to black shoes.
post #7296 of 28243
Are you supposed to wash the dauber brush after applying shoe polish?

it seems to my that the residue of polish will harden the bristles but i never heard of anyone washing such brush
post #7297 of 28243
What size shoe am i in red wings? Length of my feet is 26.7cm and width is 11cm. I think i might be E or EE in width, but im not sure? [SPOILER][/SPOILER]
post #7298 of 28243
What recs would you guys have for making your first high quality shoe purchase? I'm a lawyer with an appreciation for modern fit. If I could be Spoo on a more conservative day that's be my ideal look. Not that I'd be alone in that sentiment. So what would you al recommend?
post #7299 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzer View Post
What recs would you guys have for making your first high quality show purchase? I'm a lawyer with an appreciation for modern fit. If I could be Spoo on a more conservative day that's be my ideal look. Not that I'd be alone in that sentiment. So what would you al recommend?
Price range?
post #7300 of 28243
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranca View Post
Are you supposed to wash the dauber brush after applying shoe polish?

it seems to my that the residue of polish will harden the bristles but i never heard of anyone washing such brush

No.
post #7301 of 28243
circa $200 - $300 - should have said that thanks.
post #7302 of 28243
Does anyone know who makes Nordstrom private label dress shirt? Thanks.
post #7303 of 28243
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, in black.
post #7304 of 28243
For wearing with a suit most days I assume ?
post #7305 of 28243
Plead the fifth, get AE 5th Avenue brown
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here