or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 335

post #5011 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
Is it acceptable to wear a chambray shirt with blue jeans? just asking since I don't want it to look like a uniform.
If the colors are too close together it can look too matched for most people. Wait, just noticed that you are from Canada. It's fine.
post #5012 of 28333
What would go well with this Camel Duffel Coat? I'm think a nice light blue cotton shirt buttoned up with a dark pant and black boots?
post #5013 of 28333
I know this has been discussed many times on the forum, but I'm not finding a post on the subject via a search. What's your typical price range for a MTM jacket? Thanks.
post #5014 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionistoIRE View Post
What would go well with this Camel Duffel Coat? I'm think a nice light blue cotton shirt buttoned up with a dark pant and black boots?


I don't think that jacket will interfere with much, except perhaps with something in a very similar color like khaki pants. So a blue shirt, with dark pants and boots, should be fine. I'd add a navy cardigan.
post #5015 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post
I know this has been discussed many times on the forum, but I'm not finding a post on the subject via a search. What's your typical price range for a MTM jacket? Thanks.

Highly variable depending on the maker. Let's say around US $1000 for a decent one? Give or take a bit depending on details.
post #5016 of 28333
Hello everyone, I finally decided to register, great forum.

I have a 2 button sport jacket whose sleeves are a little too long and there's no room for shortening unless the tailor moves 1 of the 4 buttons up. The question is, is it appropriate to have 3 buttons on a sleeve of a 2 button jacket? Or is better to move the button and keep the 4 buttons?

The other problem the jacket has, is that the sleeves are very wide for my taste, I prefer slim fitting clothing, can a tailor make the sleeves narrower??

Couldn't find much info on the subject, so I really appreciate your answers.
Thanks!
post #5017 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
is it appropriate to have 3 buttons on a sleeve of a 2 button jacket? Or is better to move the button and keep the 4 buttons?

The other problem the jacket has, is that the sleeves are very wide for my taste, I prefer slim fitting clothing, can a tailor make the sleeves narrower??

I assume the buttons are not working? Just for show?

2 or 3 buttons on the jacket sleeve is a nice classic look, esp. on a sports coat.

A decent tailor should be able to slim the jacket sleeve.
post #5018 of 28333
Is there a suit thread or something similar on the boards. I have three suits right now, most hand me downs, only one of them is tailored. YSL, Perry Ellis, and a cheap 3 button suit. I'm looking to get another suit around the holidays, but not sure where to start. I could go to Nordstrom and Macy's and take a look, but it seems like they carry mainly basic cookie cutter brands. Where else should I be looking for a good wool suit, so many options.
post #5019 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post
Is there a suit thread or something similar on the boards. I have three suits right now, most hand me downs, only one of them is tailored. YSL, Perry Ellis, and a cheap 3 button suit. I'm looking to get another suit around the holidays, but not sure where to start. I could go to Nordstrom and Macy's and take a look, but it seems like they carry mainly basic cookie cutter brands. Where else should I be looking for a good wool suit, so many options.

This entire forum is largely dedicated to the finer points of tailored clothing. But the big question is what your price range is.
post #5020 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
If the colors are too close together it can look too matched for most people. Wait, just noticed that you are from Canada. It's fine.

superb!
post #5021 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat78 View Post
Sorry, I meant too long in the body. Things like T-shirts or dress shirts that fit me across the chest usually fall almost to the middle of my upper thigh and are very loose and baggy looking around the middle. Things that fall correctly usually pull across the chest and shoulders and on long sleeves the sleeve will lay far above my wrist. As for my measurements I wasn't sure where to take them from, but I'm 72" tall, 34" inseam and 42" from the hip.

Height to inseam sounds normal to me.

Dress shirts don't sound too long IMHO.

I think what you really want is a shirt with a smaller waist. You can get things altered. You can go made to measure. Or you can try different brands.
post #5022 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
It looks like a Burberry.
Anyone know the exact model? Couldn't find a quilted jacket with that lining on the Burberry site ...
post #5023 of 28333
this is gonna be a really long shot but does anyone know where i can get a suit professionally pressed in Indonesia/Singapore?
post #5024 of 28333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Hello everyone, I finally decided to register, great forum.

I have a 2 button sport jacket whose sleeves are a little too long and there's no room for shortening unless the tailor moves 1 of the 4 buttons up. The question is, is it appropriate to have 3 buttons on a sleeve of a 2 button jacket? Or is better to move the button and keep the 4 buttons?

The other problem the jacket has, is that the sleeves are very wide for my taste, I prefer slim fitting clothing, can a tailor make the sleeves narrower??

Couldn't find much info on the subject, so I really appreciate your answers.
Thanks!

Yes, I had that done on one of my suits. And yes, a tailor can slim down the sleeve.
post #5025 of 28333
Early birthday present for myself amd O camt decide which ones are better. I bought the Parigi but Wifey says they are too greasy and the Main is better..She doesnt like either. They fit like a dream and I love em!..help me decide which one to keep cause I bought them both http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3071211?...esultback=1022 or http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2965392
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here