or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 249

post #3721 of 28512
I finally got a pair of nice boots. Love the fit, but I was thinking about putting a thin rubber sole on them. The original soles have been worn a bit, with about a weeks worth of wear. I can take them to a local cobbler next week and I was wondering what options I have and what you think would work the best.
post #3722 of 28512
thin peek lapel on a SB suit. 1 button or 2 button? thinking about getting a suit made like this for a solid gray/charol, is this a good idea?
post #3723 of 28512
Anyone have any experience with the Lands End cotton sweaters? Thinking about buying a couple with the private sale.
post #3724 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards11 View Post
thin peek lapel on a SB suit. 1 button or 2 button? thinking about getting a suit made like this for a solid gray/charol, is this a good idea?

Well it depends. If you want to be trendy and up to the minute then might as well go with 1 button. But the suit would only have a lifetime of 2 years max (some would say even less).
post #3725 of 28512
Quick question~
I'm going to wear a black v-neck sweater and a blue shirt underneath. If I decide to wear a tie, what color should I wear??? Thanks in advance :P
post #3726 of 28512
Iv seen a number of briefcases in thrift shops that have loose thread , or the thread holding a side pocket together has just gone , they are so cheap and I am wondering if i were to get one a Leather specialist could possibly stitch it back up?

Im abit of a Rookie so any input would be greatly appreciated.
post #3727 of 28512
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards11 View Post
thin peek lapel on a SB suit. 1 button or 2 button? thinking about getting a suit made like this for a solid gray/charol, is this a good idea?

Peak+1-2B+regular width lapels = classic
Peak+2B+thin lapels = somewhat trendy, but will have some holding power unless super skinny lapels
Peak+1B+super thin lapels = really cool looking, but short shelf life, ie 2-3 years max.

that being said I love 1B+Peak, I think it's really sharp. But the skinny lapel thing will come and go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tightandbright View Post
Quick question~
I'm going to wear a black v-neck sweater and a blue shirt underneath. If I decide to wear a tie, what color should I wear??? Thanks in advance :P
White shirt, red tie.
Blue and black, Depends on the blue, but you're really have to going to sell me on that one...
post #3728 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

White shirt, red tie.
Blue and black, Depends on the blue, but you're really have to going to sell me on that one...

Black will go with most any blue as long as it's not navy. Personally I don't think black sweaters are at all versatile though, impossible to match with any dark pant, but to each his own.
post #3729 of 28512
hey guys does anyone knows where to buy a kind of clothes called CHEONGSAM? my wife is crazy looking for it...
post #3730 of 28512
My brothers wedding is coming up and I need something to wear. It will be in southern Texas in the middle of September so it will likely be hot. I never wear suits or anything like that, the most dressy I ever get is an oxford and some chinos so I know nothing about what is appropriate. Please to be dressing me for this occasion.
post #3731 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by david chan View Post
hey guys does anyone knows where to buy a kind of clothes called CHEONGSAM? my wife is crazy looking for it...

China town.
post #3732 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post
the darker the better?

Generally Brown shoes should never be worn with Black Suits. Unless you have absolutely no other alternative. Even something as Dark as Dark Brown or Dark Oak won't look very good if the suit is black. With Navy they look great, but with black it just seems disconcerting - it draws the eyes naturally to your feet and sticks it there.

If you do decide go with Brown shoes and Black suit, then make sure your shirt and tie combination can pull the eyes back up to your face. It is truly just easier to wear black shoes.
post #3733 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
My brothers wedding is coming up and I need something to wear. It will be in southern Texas in the middle of September so it will likely be hot. I never wear suits or anything like that, the most dressy I ever get is an oxford and some chinos so I know nothing about what is appropriate. Please to be dressing me for this occasion.

Best place to start is your brother and his bride-to-be. It's their wedding and what they think is appropriate is what matters. You may receive responses here according you dress from odd trousers and shirt to a suit; but we don't know anything about wedding couple nor their desired formality (or casualness) for the event. So it's best to have a sincere talk with them, especially the bride.
post #3734 of 28512
Anyone know where I can find this tie in a silk twill? Something around 3.75"-4" so in width would be preferable.


post #3735 of 28512
Get it from wherever you found the photo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here