or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1895

post #28411 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Idk but say hello to Carmina if you pass through Mallorca! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll also pick you up another pair of navy Meermin DBs. I know how much you love them LoL...
post #28412 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

I'll also pick you up another pair of navy Meermin DBs. I know how much you love them LoL...

I actually like them. My feet don't. Too fkn snug.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #28413 of 29141
^ nice!
post #28414 of 29141
is there a consensus best cheap (~$50 retail) dress shirt? i was in Costco yesterday and the Kirkland shirts actually felt somewhat decent, esp. for the price.

thanks!
post #28415 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

is there a consensus best cheap (~$50 retail) dress shirt? i was in Costco yesterday and the Kirkland shirts actually felt somewhat decent, esp. for the price.

They probably fit like tents as well. You might try Charles Tyrwhitt's slim fit. I actually really like Uniqlo's shirts which are in the $35 range.
post #28416 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

They probably fit like tents as well. You might try Charles Tyrwhitt's slim fit. I actually really like Uniqlo's shirts which are in the $35 range.

I would definitely go with a Uniqlo shirt before one from Costco... that just has me lmao for some reason. sorry.
post #28417 of 29141

We just had a uniqlo pop-up open in boston and I'm hopeful that I'll get some dress shirts there. I tried a few on earlier and they were all too tight, hoping they have some not so 'super slim-fit' esque shirts as well.


I've seen CT and pink shirts on sale every now and then for about that mark.

post #28418 of 29141

^^A friend of mine was wearing a uniqlo the other day, and it had really nice collar roll.

post #28419 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradp View Post
 

^^A friend of mine was wearing a uniqlo the other day, and it had really nice collar roll.

 

Yeah, their stuff is great for the price.

 

I'm only 25 so I'm not really in the mood to throw hundreds of dollars at bespoke shirts. If I can find something that fits pretty well off the rack, I'm happy with it. I need a few shirts for interviews coming up and want to find 'my' brand for the future. Hopefully uniqlo will deliver.

post #28420 of 29141

I'm getting married soon and I know the traditional tie options are Glen Plaid, Houndstooth, Shepherd's Check, and sometimes Macclesfield.

 

I'm wearing a J Crew Ludlow suit (this light charcoal one) and I think the black/white/silver look of those traditional ties with my suit makes everything too monochromatic or drab.

 

I was thinking of wearing a navy grenadine tie, or something along those lines. (Not set in stone, so I'm open to suggestions!) What are your thoughts? I know the Ludlow suits are very polarizing, but I would truly appreciate some assistance with selecting a tie that may not be part of the standard wedding tie group. Thanks!

post #28421 of 29141

how about a zig zag knit? I think it would look nice w/ the ludlow and isn't standard fare

post #28422 of 29141
Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingsuit View Post

I'm getting married soon and I know the traditional tie options are Glen Plaid, Houndstooth, Shepherd's Check, and sometimes Macclesfield.

I'm wearing a J Crew Ludlow suit (this light charcoal one) and I think the black/white/silver look of those traditional ties with my suit makes everything too monochromatic or drab.

I was thinking of wearing a navy grenadine tie, or something along those lines. (Not set in stone, so I'm open to suggestions!) What are your thoughts? I know the Ludlow suits are very polarizing, but I would truly appreciate some assistance with selecting a tie that may not be part of the standard wedding tie group. Thanks!

The navy grenadine tie would be fine and look nice with the grey suit. That being said, I wouldn't worry about a traditional wedding tie looking too monochomatic with it either. The pic below is from the wedding thread and the general feedback (which I personally agreed with as well) is that the simplicity of the look was great.

post #28423 of 29141

Quick question: is the jacket below something which can properly be worn as a blazer with non-matching trousers? I bought it a few weeks ago unaware that it was supposed to be a component of a suit. It's advertised as a mix-and-match suit jacket, implying it is intended to be wearable other than as part of a suit. The colour is obviously aligned with a traditional conservative grey suit, but it is a linen jacket, which to my mind brings down the formality a level and makes it less obviously suit-like; a wool jacket in the same style and colour admittedly probably would not work.

 

 

 

It looks quite similar this this, which seemingly works on its own:

 

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Tommy+Hilfiger+Linen+blazer+lexington/D377380,default,pd.html

post #28424 of 29141

Right, so some background. I bought a navy Napoli suit from SuitSupply earlier this year, and I like it. However, as I'll hopefully be finding work soon after graduating from university, I'll obviously be needing more than one suit.

 

What I want to know is where in the UK I can (if possible) get a suit at a similar price point (probably be willing to spend go maybe £100 or so more on a suit this time than what I spent last time), that is cut a bit more conservatively than the Napoli? The things I'd change on the Napoli specifically if I had a choice would be a lower buttoning point, higher rise trousers and a bit of a wider leg opening.

post #28425 of 29141
I'd say the linen jacket is fine it has enough casual features.
Edited by Isolation - 8/9/14 at 7:47am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here