Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/21/14 at 10:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1850post #27736 of 283245/18/14 at 9:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27737 of 283245/18/14 at 8:24pmpost #27738 of 283245/18/14 at 8:44pmpost #27739 of 283245/19/14 at 2:41ampost #27740 of 283245/19/14 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Naphatw
I am looking to buy some quality shirting fabrics online. So I can go to my tailor and do CTM.
Can anyone recommend me some websites?
I also want to know how much fabrics do I need in order to make one shirt (I usually wear size S for every brand).
Thank you for your advice
Decent looking thread that covers your question:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/181380/shirting-fabric-is-acorn-still-the-best-betpost #27741 of 283245/19/14 at 2:12pm
Any suggestions for combinations with this jacket:
Initial thoughts are that a pink or light blue shirt, and stone, light grey or beige trousers would work. Perhaps add a pocket square with a slight pattern, or just plain white or light blue.
Jacket material is 86% wool and 14% silk.
Edited by RPM1 - 6/2/14 at 10:07ampost #27742 of 283245/19/14 at 4:08pmI'm looking for some jacketing fabric in either brown glen check/pow or brown/burgundy gun club or houndstooth Around the 350-400gm mark. Anyone got suggestions wher I can find such stuff?
I've seen a couple really nice examples in the fox and John Foster books but I'm only looking to spend about $100-125 per meter.post #27743 of 283245/19/14 at 4:46pmI have two summer events (one a wedding, the other my 20 yr hs reunion) I'll be attending. One on the north shore of long island and one in nj, both at waterside dining establishments. Given the season and location of both I want to wear cream colored wool trousers, and a blue odd jacket. My question is shirt and tie. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a blue Sheppard check and now I've got one. My concern is how it will show against a light blue shirt. I didon't like the idea of white shirt and cream trousers. Any thoughts?post #27744 of 283245/20/14 at 7:26ampost #27745 of 283245/20/14 at 7:36ampost #27746 of 283245/20/14 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by gringodaddy
I have two summer events (one a wedding, the other my 20 yr hs reunion) I'll be attending. One on the north shore of long island and one in nj, both at waterside dining establishments. Given the season and location of both I want to wear cream colored wool trousers, and a blue odd jacket. My question is shirt and tie. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a blue Sheppard check and now I've got one. My concern is how it will show against a light blue shirt. I didon't like the idea of white shirt and cream trousers. Any thoughts?
Blue and white stripe? Or blue with a white contrast collar?
When you say a blue shepard's check, do you mean navy and white?post #27747 of 283245/20/14 at 9:41am
I'm in my second year of Law school, and will be in the interview process soon. I'm looking for a pair of fine, classic, black lace-ups. I'm looking at a budget of preferably under $500. I was wondering if anyone here (with your extensive knowledge!) can point me to some of my best options. I'm not looking for too pointy of a toe, just something that will look sharp with a well-tailored suit and shine!
Here's an example:
Thanks!post #27748 of 283245/20/14 at 9:54ampost #27749 of 283245/20/14 at 10:07am
Carmina are good. Try these, too:
These are a hell of a lot of quality for your money. I especially like the toe shape on the latter. The former are safer and more conservative if you prefer not to have any brogueing.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Double RL (RRL) Striped Selvedge Oxford Shirt (M) (PRICE DROP... 10 minutes ago
- › Wildsmith shoe brand resurrected 14 minutes ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 17 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)