Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1835post #27511 of 285124/17/14 at 1:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27512 of 285124/17/14 at 2:00am
I am still thinking whether I should purchase it.
In terms of colour, It is charcoal with a blue check pattern. Therefore, I would imagine most lighter colours should work perfectly fine, probably a mid to light grey would be most suitable for a winter look. Although, I think anything too light, such as white, would probably be too much a contrast and may look a little off. Having said that, and after taking another look at the picture, I can see why you would think most other colours would look off too.
Clearly, however, charcoal is not the best colour for a sports jacket, although the window pane should separate it from suiting.
From your response, I gather you do not think the jacket's window pane pattern is large enough?
I think I may well leave it, probably too much hard work trying to make it work.
In any case, the reason for my curiosity was that it was at a heavy discount. After having just ordered a dark blue summer light-weight wool jacket, I though it may be worth grabbing this too as a third or fourth jacket for the winter.
Although I don't like the navy trousers, a similar charcoal window pane check jacket by Paul Smith:
Edited by RPM1 - 4/17/14 at 2:42ampost #27513 of 285124/17/14 at 9:44amWhat would you call the color of this shirt?
Seen here and here - I know the photo quality is pretty terrible, but it's a blue that's more gray than bright, similar in tone to a powder blue but not as... colorful. I've seen a Charvet in this color but that's way out of my budget.
Here is a better example:
Edited by Displacement - 4/17/14 at 3:25pmpost #27514 of 285124/17/14 at 4:15pm
Looks like sky blue, which is a common shade of light blue for a shirt. Further, the exact shade should not be considered relevant for a shirt, because fabric weave and texture can affect how the shirt looks. In this case, the first two images appear to be showing a poplin shirt, while the image at the end could easily be a lighter shade in a pin point or twill weave.
Moreover, such precise colour descriptions are usually reserved for more prominent pieces, such as summer jackets.post #27515 of 285124/18/14 at 12:11ampost #27516 of 285124/18/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Depending on the shade, they can be paired with just about anything. I'd consider them equivalent to burgundy in that regard, but wouldn't pair them with black pants.
I'd definitely wear them casually with lighter colors or pastel pants if you're into that sort of thing. Depending on their make up, I'd wear them like bucks.
I guess the better question is what do you usually wear? Would this be for formal or casual use?post #27517 of 285124/18/14 at 8:55am
I haven't seen any grey suede out on the street, but it seems like a really good idea. As long as they don't get dirty, I can see a light grey pair being useful for almost anything. Dirty grey suede should be relegated to streetwear and denim purposes, but it doesn't feel as though a clean grey would be out of place with even a full suit.post #27518 of 285124/18/14 at 9:09ampost #27519 of 285124/18/14 at 9:54ampost #27520 of 285124/18/14 at 4:17pm
I'm looking for a trip fit, off white, spread collar dress shirt (possibly french cuff) however I've found it is (not surprisingly) much harder to find off white than white. So far I've found an ivory twill at Proper Cloth and an ecru twill at Hamilton Shirts. Any other suggestions? This is for my wedding so I'm more than willing to go into the $200-300 price range, if necessary.post #27521 of 285124/18/14 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by vafan13
I'm looking for a trip fit, off white, spread collar dress shirt (possibly french cuff) however I've found it is (not surprisingly) much harder to find off white than white. So far I've found an ivory twill at Proper Cloth and an ecru twill at Hamilton Shirts. Any other suggestions? This is for my wedding so I'm more than willing to go into the $200-300 price range, if necessary.
Get a custom made at any one of the online or local MTM places if you have time.post #27522 of 285124/18/14 at 4:30pmpost #27523 of 285124/18/14 at 5:48pmpost #27524 of 285124/18/14 at 10:20pmpost #27525 of 285124/18/14 at 11:07pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › family love problem solution baba ji +91-9649133663 style forum 10 minutes ago
- › BNWT The Hill-Side Selvedge Chambray tie"Asagi-iro" Turquoise 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › love breakup love problem solution baba 09649133663 style forums 11 minutes ago
- › court case problem solution baba ji +91-9649133663 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)