I did the same thing last year. Congratulations!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1824
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27347 of 285784/9/14 at 8:49ampost #27348 of 285784/9/14 at 11:46amQuote:
I have nothing against wearing white shirts, but to me personally there would be too much contrast between a crisp white shirt and that red tie. Reminds me of school uniforms or something of the sort. Light blue would look so much more "relaxed" for lack of a better word.post #27349 of 285784/9/14 at 1:39pmQuote:
I'm getting married later this year and I was wondering what I'm going to do about the PS. This is perfect, so thank you for asking before I had a chance to. Unfortunately my fiancé has demanded that we do the obligatory matching rented tux shit, and this was a battle I chose not to fight, but I was given some liberties here and there.Quote:Originally Posted by acecow
I have nothing against wearing white shirts, but to me personally there would be too much contrast between a crisp white shirt and that red tie. Reminds me of school uniforms or something of the sort. Light blue would look so much more "relaxed" for lack of a better word.
Maybe he's trying to look like a school uniform. I think it's definitely on the informal side of the tie spectrum, and a blue shirt would dress it down even more. Not a problem, just depends on what his circumstances are. I think it would look great with a white OCBD, navy blazer, and tan trousers in my world. I think a white, French cuff, spread collar shirt would be too formal for that tie though, so I'm half with you.post #27350 of 285784/9/14 at 1:51pmQuote:
Congratulations on the wedding, and condolences in the attire. Do you think you can at least talk her into rented classic black tie, or is she dead set on coral vests, with matching ties?post #27351 of 285784/9/14 at 1:54pmQuote:
That's why you educate her on men's clothing before the wedding. It takes a while, though.post #27352 of 285784/9/14 at 2:00pmpost #27353 of 285784/9/14 at 2:07pmQuote:
Thanks. It's actually not THAT bad, compared to some I've seen. Black notch lapel 2 button tux, ivory point collar shirt with unpleated bib, chocolate brown satin vests and matching long ties. I'm doing the same but with an ivory vest and tie. Sure, not classic black tie, which I would have preferred, but not too in-your-face. If she wanted orange or teal or something, I'd be throwing down.Quote:
Oh I tried, pretty much constantly ever since we got engaged in July. She is one of those that's envisioned her wedding since she was 5, so I'm not going to mess with that. None of our friends or family care about classic menswear, so no one is going to be up in arms. If anything we'd get strange looks if we did classic black tie. I'm just going to enjoy the day and not care what I'm wearing.post #27354 of 285784/9/14 at 3:27pmpost #27355 of 285784/9/14 at 3:29pmpost #27356 of 285784/9/14 at 3:43pmpost #27357 of 285784/9/14 at 3:54pmpost #27358 of 285784/9/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Where do the Loake Cannon monkstraps sit in their lineup? I think they're part of the 1880, which is like mid level goodyear welted, right? Similar to AE?
Additionally, how is their sizing? Their website charts list a 7.5 UK as an 8US. Is that accurate or is it really an 8.5US? Thanks!
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.Quote:
While that purple tie is gorgeous, I'm not a fan of purple ties with pink, unless the purple is on the redder side of the spectrum.
I'd wear the red polka dot tie with a pink shirt. That shirt you've shown appears white on my monitor though?post #27359 of 285784/9/14 at 6:23pmpost #27360 of 285784/9/14 at 6:29pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Rare Spurr Black/Grey Wool Sportcoat 48EU/38US 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rare Spurr Black/Grey Wool Sportcoat 48EU/38US 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 16 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)