I did the same thing last year. Congratulations!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/21/14 at 10:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1824
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27347 of 283244/9/14 at 8:49ampost #27348 of 283244/9/14 at 11:46amQuote:
I have nothing against wearing white shirts, but to me personally there would be too much contrast between a crisp white shirt and that red tie. Reminds me of school uniforms or something of the sort. Light blue would look so much more "relaxed" for lack of a better word.post #27349 of 283244/9/14 at 1:39pmQuote:
I'm getting married later this year and I was wondering what I'm going to do about the PS. This is perfect, so thank you for asking before I had a chance to. Unfortunately my fiancé has demanded that we do the obligatory matching rented tux shit, and this was a battle I chose not to fight, but I was given some liberties here and there.Quote:Originally Posted by acecow
I have nothing against wearing white shirts, but to me personally there would be too much contrast between a crisp white shirt and that red tie. Reminds me of school uniforms or something of the sort. Light blue would look so much more "relaxed" for lack of a better word.
Maybe he's trying to look like a school uniform. I think it's definitely on the informal side of the tie spectrum, and a blue shirt would dress it down even more. Not a problem, just depends on what his circumstances are. I think it would look great with a white OCBD, navy blazer, and tan trousers in my world. I think a white, French cuff, spread collar shirt would be too formal for that tie though, so I'm half with you.post #27350 of 283244/9/14 at 1:51pmQuote:
Congratulations on the wedding, and condolences in the attire. Do you think you can at least talk her into rented classic black tie, or is she dead set on coral vests, with matching ties?post #27351 of 283244/9/14 at 1:54pmQuote:
That's why you educate her on men's clothing before the wedding. It takes a while, though.post #27352 of 283244/9/14 at 2:00pmpost #27353 of 283244/9/14 at 2:07pmQuote:
Thanks. It's actually not THAT bad, compared to some I've seen. Black notch lapel 2 button tux, ivory point collar shirt with unpleated bib, chocolate brown satin vests and matching long ties. I'm doing the same but with an ivory vest and tie. Sure, not classic black tie, which I would have preferred, but not too in-your-face. If she wanted orange or teal or something, I'd be throwing down.Quote:
Oh I tried, pretty much constantly ever since we got engaged in July. She is one of those that's envisioned her wedding since she was 5, so I'm not going to mess with that. None of our friends or family care about classic menswear, so no one is going to be up in arms. If anything we'd get strange looks if we did classic black tie. I'm just going to enjoy the day and not care what I'm wearing.post #27354 of 283244/9/14 at 3:27pmpost #27355 of 283244/9/14 at 3:29pmpost #27356 of 283244/9/14 at 3:43pmpost #27357 of 283244/9/14 at 3:54pmpost #27358 of 283244/9/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Where do the Loake Cannon monkstraps sit in their lineup? I think they're part of the 1880, which is like mid level goodyear welted, right? Similar to AE?
Additionally, how is their sizing? Their website charts list a 7.5 UK as an 8US. Is that accurate or is it really an 8.5US? Thanks!
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.Quote:
While that purple tie is gorgeous, I'm not a fan of purple ties with pink, unless the purple is on the redder side of the spectrum.
I'd wear the red polka dot tie with a pink shirt. That shirt you've shown appears white on my monitor though?post #27359 of 283244/9/14 at 6:23pmpost #27360 of 283244/9/14 at 6:29pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Summer Tie Friday Challenge 7/24/2014 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Solid Navy 40R suit 5 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)