or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1788

post #26806 of 28345

You may want to search the official sale alert thread or something similar in this forum. Good luck. 

 

For suit, I would buy Benjamin suit, Suit Supply or Kentwang if I were you.

post #26807 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by miler417 View Post

Hi Everyone!

   I am new to this forum and posted on the intro forum too. I came across this forum browsing on Google searching men's fashion style. I am a middle class income guy who works ALOT with a 11 month baby, so quite obviously I don't have the time to shop. My wardrobe is long overdue for updates and looking for good quality brands for reasonable prices. Does anyone know of any online stores that offer great deals but provides quality brands. It does not need to be name or premium brands, I would be okay with new labels or niche areas. Thanks!

To be able to give helpful opinions, more context is needed.

What is your purpose for needing a new wardrobe, personal or professional needs? Do you have a list and budget in mind?
post #26808 of 28345

Looking for both casual and business casual. I have no need for suits though at this time. My price range would be $50 or less for tops (polo, button down, sweaters) and $80 or less for bottoms. 

post #26809 of 28345

Someone told me about uniqlo here which has great prices. But for some reason some of the pages I get an error message when I click on them. Not sure what that is all about. Either way, it definitely has some nice stuff on there!

post #26810 of 28345
Does anybody know appoximately how much it would cost to ship a sweater from NY to Calgary?
post #26811 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Does anybody know appoximately how much it would cost to ship a sweater from NY to Calgary?

 

Seriously dude? I just answered you.

Since you're not going to listen to me, listen to USPS:

 

http://postcalc.usps.com/

post #26812 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

 

Seriously dude? I just answered you.

Since you're not going to listen to me, listen to USPS:

 

http://postcalc.usps.com/

 



relax buddy. I made both posts concurrently. I didn't even see your post before making this post. Thanks for your help and I do appreciate it.
post #26813 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by miler417 View Post

Looking for both casual and business casual. I have no need for suits though at this time. My price range would be $50 or less for tops (polo, button down, sweaters) and $80 or less for bottoms. 

Try Dappered.com for sale alerts every week. J Crew Factory has good clothes for the price and uniqlo is a very good resource. Try clearing your cache and visiting their website again.
post #26814 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Anyone know where I can find a menswear shopping guide for Italy? Planning on going to Naples and Florence this year and would like to do some shopping.

I don't have good advice for Naples but I can give you a few pointers for Florence. I found this guide excellent when I went last year. The only other place I found that was exceptional was Arturo & C SRL, near Il Duomo. They sell great shirts for around the same price as Boggi.
post #26815 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by miler417 View Post

Looking for both casual and business casual. I have no need for suits though at this time. My price range would be $50 or less for tops (polo, button down, sweaters) and $80 or less for bottoms. 

I will also suggest stores like JCrew, Polo Ralph Lauren, & Brooks Brothers. They can be easily had for less than retail online, and in stores. I would suggest using online avenues only after you have verified your appropriate size in the items you want, in each brand (because they will differ). This will mean some store browsing will be necessary, at least in the beginning for you, but well worth it in the long run.

I would also suggest to not neglect upgrading your shoes to go with your upgraded wardrobe. Good entry staples on this forum (available in the US) are Allen Edmonds and Alden, or even some Cole Haans or Johnston & Murphys if your budget does not allow for the former.

Good luck to you sir...
post #26816 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Seriously dude? I just answered you.

Since you're not going to listen to me, listen to USPS:

 

http://postcalc.usps.com/

 



relax buddy. I made both posts concurrently. I didn't even see your post before making this post. Thanks for your help and I do appreciate it.


Haha. Sorry.

post #26817 of 28345
Hey guys -- I desperately need help planning for my wedding!

I've been a long-time reader of this thread (and sometimes poster), and I'm getting married this June! The wedding's going to be an outside wedding at my family's farm -- think backyard/farmyard elegant. My fiancee has her dress, but I don't know what to wear.

I love the idea of wearing a tux, and have considered getting one made by SS or TaT...but I'm very concerned about heat. Temperatures can easily be in the high 70s that time of year with some humidity, and I generally hate being hot. Our wedding's going to be an afternoon wedding, so that's that. And I don't love the white dinner jacket look.

To the extent that it matters, I'm on the slender and short side and generally think I look pretty good in tuxes/suits (the "vest" look isn't really my style). My budget's about $750 total for clothes, which I think allows me somewhere in the area of $500 to spend on the suit/tux. And I'd ideally like to get something I can wear more than once. I do not own any tuxes, but I do have several suits (navy, two charcoal, mid grey, and light grey) -- so I have much less of a suit niche to fill than tux.

Any suggestions? Thoughts about me getting a grey tux and skipping the cumberbund in lieu of suspenders/a belt? How else can I keep myself from overheating while still looking good?

Thanks!!!
post #26818 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by abl View Post

How else can I keep myself from overheating while still looking good?
Seersucker.

A daytime wedding in a farmyard does not demand a tuxedo.
post #26819 of 28345
I would say that you could have a blast and be preppy and wear linen scs and repp ties. I think that'd be awesome.

Light blue scs, white pants, penny loafers.

Probably not sf approved though.
post #26820 of 28345
Quote:
Originally Posted by abl View Post

Hey guys -- I desperately need help planning for my wedding!

I've been a long-time reader of this thread (and sometimes poster), and I'm getting married this June! The wedding's going to be an outside wedding at my family's farm -- think backyard/farmyard elegant. My fiancee has her dress, but I don't know what to wear.

I love the idea of wearing a tux, and have considered getting one made by SS or TaT...but I'm very concerned about heat. Temperatures can easily be in the high 70s that time of year with some humidity, and I generally hate being hot. Our wedding's going to be an afternoon wedding, so that's that. And I don't love the white dinner jacket look.

To the extent that it matters, I'm on the slender and short side and generally think I look pretty good in tuxes/suits (the "vest" look isn't really my style). My budget's about $750 total for clothes, which I think allows me somewhere in the area of $500 to spend on the suit/tux. And I'd ideally like to get something I can wear more than once. I do not own any tuxes, but I do have several suits (navy, two charcoal, mid grey, and light grey) -- so I have much less of a suit niche to fill than tux.

Any suggestions? Thoughts about me getting a grey tux and skipping the cumberbund in lieu of suspenders/a belt? How else can I keep myself from overheating while still looking good?

Thanks!!!

Everyone on here will tell you a tux is no good for an outdoor daytime wedding. Also if you don't have tux already I would assume you do not attend many/any black tie events so do you really need to fill that hole in your wardrobe?
I just got married last week at a winery. Wore an unlined tropical weave wool suit to beat the heat and it worked beautifully. The only sweating I experienced was from nerves!
Also check out the wedding q & a thread for more info and inspiration if you haven't already.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/329568/official-wedding-attire-question-answer-picture-thread/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here