Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1786
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26777 of 291283/1/14 at 1:44pmpost #26778 of 291283/1/14 at 8:39pmpost #26779 of 291283/1/14 at 9:08pmQuote:
I'm 90% people have been murdered over this on here. I'm going to tell you what I think:
2. Can work either way.
Butler kills it here:post #26780 of 291283/2/14 at 9:44amQuote:
I do not have a "shopping guide" but I have made a pretty nice list of names in Napoli. The list is mostly tailors and shirt makers, but also tie makers, shoe makers and a few other things of interest. Let me know before you go and I will send you the file. I won't be here after mid-March so I won't be able to help you in person, but Ill do what I can from here.post #26781 of 291283/2/14 at 10:08ampost #26782 of 291283/2/14 at 11:16ampost #26783 of 291283/2/14 at 2:31pmpost #26784 of 291283/2/14 at 2:45pm
I am considering this pair of Santoni's. My first impression was that someone put a leather condom over the toes of the shoes (I did not want to ask why).
Since then, I keep looking at them and liking them. My questions:
1. How formal of an outfit could I wear these shoes with? Suit and tie? It is difficult to tell color on photos like this, but assuming the color looked good, could I wear it with a pin stripe blue or grey suit?
2. Is there a name for this type of style?
Thank you in advance.post #26785 of 291283/2/14 at 2:48pmpost #26786 of 291283/2/14 at 3:45pmpost #26787 of 291283/2/14 at 4:48pm
I've recently won an auction for these boots:
I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as what model/last these are. My google/styleforum searches have not yielded any exact matches so far. I came upon an older styleforum thread about JM Weston fakes but maybe I'm just paranoid...
Any and all advice is much appreciated.post #26788 of 291283/2/14 at 10:49pmpost #26789 of 291283/3/14 at 2:58amQuote:
In general, wider spread collars are best suited by a half or full Windsor. For taller, skinny guys, this would be a great option as it reduces your vertical lines and makes you look broader. Four in hand knots go better with a pointed, narrower spread collar, and would look best on guys who are shorter and or on the slightly heavier side, as it has the effect of reducing your horizontal lines.post #26790 of 291283/3/14 at 3:39amQuote:
Welcome to the forum. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but I'll give you my honest feedback.
Do not wear wear this as a sport coat. Honestly, I would not wear it at all, even as a suit.
Some general rules:
- Suit jackets do not work as sport coats (in most cases).
- Never button the bottom button of a jacket (or vest). On a 3 button, the top button may be buttoned or left open.
- Black (especially black with shiny stripes) odd jackets will have little to no use in a gentleman's wardrobe. I'm not sure you will get much action on Ebay, but you can give it a shot. I think Goodwill may be the best home for this jacket.
Further unsolicited advice:
Notice how the top button on this suit is stressed and the suit lifts away from your chest? It is too tight across the chest- Look into picking up a nice new suit or SC. You have a good build and I think you would be much happier in a better looking, better fitting Sport Coat.
There are many options for entry-level suits and sport coats. You can peruse the forum and find some good counsel on where to start.
Remember- fit is the most important thing.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 20 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Herringbone Chambray Medium M AD wvg 6 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Gitman Vintage BNWT Small Linen Button Down 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...