Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 9:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1785post #26761 of 285503/1/14 at 12:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26762 of 285503/1/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Beautiful ... and wonderful colors.post #26763 of 285503/1/14 at 4:37amQuote:
I'd start here for the Florence shops
http://www.styleforum.net/t/139183/florence-shop-list/0_50post #26764 of 285503/1/14 at 5:45amAnyone know the quality difference between these two Brooks Brothers "Desert Chukka Boots"
One is Peal & Co, made in England (by Loak)
The other is non-Peal, and says Made in Italy:
They look similar but I notice the navy suede is darker on one more than the other.
Has anyone experience with both of them? With the Italy one? Strange that they are the same price.post #26765 of 285503/1/14 at 6:42am
In general which of these are more frowned upon on SF? Tie without jacket, or suit without tie?
Also what do people think about getting an odd (light gray) tweed waistcoat made to use just as a generic piece, and wonder if it'd be alright to wear in non wintery months, either with a jacket or without. I think if it's light enough and somewhat subtle it should be fine? Or should I keep tweed only for winter/colder months?
Something like this:post #26766 of 285503/1/14 at 8:47amQuote:
If you are an older gentleman or really know what you like I don't think it is too bad but the trend is a higher lapel gorge now whether thin or wide. I wouldn't wear that myself at 38 as I am still trying to look stylish and wouldn't be confident enough to wear something a little off trendpost #26767 of 285503/1/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sean anon
If you are an older gentleman or really know what you like I don't think it is too bad but the trend is a higher lapel gorge now whether thin or wide. I wouldn't wear that myself at 38 as I am still trying to look stylish and wouldn't be confident enough to wear something a little off trend
Haha I'm under 20 so I guess that's a no go for me.post #26768 of 285503/1/14 at 10:02am
It's not trendy, and the presence of a fifth sleeve button is questionable, but that's a very standard cut and you'd likely be able to wear it for a really long time. When lapel gorges return to standard height in a few years' time you'll likely want to pass on/throw out all the jackets you own except for that one.post #26769 of 285503/1/14 at 10:24ampost #26770 of 285503/1/14 at 10:37ampost #26771 of 285503/1/14 at 10:43ampost #26772 of 285503/1/14 at 10:53am
No of course, that you couldn't wear a four in hand tied knot with a cutaway color.
Although when I think about it, his GC's comment is complete nonsense too. I've never seen any comment from GC where he doesn't like something. The collar and tie are fine.post #26773 of 285503/1/14 at 12:49pmpost #26774 of 285503/1/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
this. Gorges so high they literally sit ON TOP of one's shoulder just look asinine. They look that way now and will even more so in a couple years.
Edited by Kid Nickels - 3/1/14 at 1:17pmpost #26775 of 285503/1/14 at 1:30pmQuote:
Lapel gorges higher than this seems standard of Italian suits and traditional American ones no? To me the lapel in question looks typical of the early 1990s and is not trad American either.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 46 seconds ago
- › Inis Meain purple Bird's Eye crew neck - small 59 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)