or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1762

post #26416 of 28877
If the soles are thin and you're worried about it, I'd just get topies. Peace of mind for like 20 bucks and they'll last for a while.
post #26417 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Leather isn't ideal for the wet but nor is it impractical. Leave them as they are in my opinion.

Even with soles this thin?

post #26418 of 28877
This last little exchange has made me actually miss Reevolving.
post #26419 of 28877

What would you call this color?   It's calf, it's kind of brown, but there is other stuff going on. 

post #26420 of 28877
Chestnut?

J
post #26421 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post

Chestnut?

J


Could be....thanks.

post #26422 of 28877
What is the difference between Italian suit drop and American suit drop? I know American suit drop refers to the differences (in inches) between the jacket size and pant waist (i.e. 44R drop 6 means the pants are a 38 waist).

But it sounds like Italian suit drop is measured differently. Anyone care to explain how?

Thanks!
post #26423 of 28877

Anyone knows if this "gap" in the stitching of the leather sole of new MOMA boots is a defect?

Will it shorten the life of the sole?


The shop (in Belgium) where I made the purchase told me that they have contacted a MOMA representative to examine the picture.

What do you think?

post #26424 of 28877

 

I'd be primarily using the parka to walk around campus in single digit weather, about 10-20 minutes at a time. I'm

in the Midwest, so we get some pretty unpredictable weather.


Edited by tcln1456 - 2/7/14 at 1:32pm
post #26425 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by free-man View Post

Anyone knows if this "gap" in the stitching of the leather sole of new MOMA boots is a defect?
Will it shorten the life of the sole? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



The shop (in Belgium) where I made the purchase told me that they have contacted a MOMA representative to examine the picture.
What do you think?

Without being an expert on it, I can't see any reason why this would have intentionally been done,
post #26426 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearin View Post

What does the SF community think of Charles Tyrwhitt? Specifically their tuxedoes...

They are my favorite shirt, mainly due to their slim fit being a perfect fit for me and quality for the price. No idea about their tuxes though.
post #26427 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcln1456 View Post

I'd be primarily using the parka to walk around campus in single digit weather, about 10-20 minutes at a time. I'm in the Midwest, so we get some pretty unpredictable weather.
Okay, so you really don't need an expedition quality parka for short walks around campus.

Honestly, both L.L. Bean and Lands' End are sure to have parkas on end-of-season sale any day now, if they haven't been marked down already. Browse the companies' websites, read the customer reviews of the parkas that appeal to you, and buy accordingly. Both companies are easy when it comes to returns, so you'll have that going for you.

I'll add that, if in doubt, you'd probably be better off with a medium-warmth parka and layering, than you will be with the warmest parka you can buy. And that much as I dislike the overly short and close-fitting look in suits and sports coats, an overly short and close-fitting parka is even worse. A picture of such an item ought to accompany the definition of "ridiculous," in the dictionary. (I doubt whether Bean and LE style many of their parkas that way, but you never know.)
post #26428 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post


Okay, so you really don't need an expedition quality parka for short walks around campus.

Honestly, both L.L. Bean and Lands' End are sure to have parkas on end-of-season sale any day now, if they haven't been marked down already. Browse the companies' websites, read the customer reviews of the parkas that appeal to you, and buy accordingly. Both companies are easy when it comes to returns, so you'll have that going for you.

I'll add that, if in doubt, you'd probably be better off with a medium-warmth parka and layering, than you will be with the warmest parka you can buy. And that much as I dislike the overly short and close-fitting look in suits and sports coats, an overly short and close-fitting parka is even worse. A picture of such an item ought to accompany the definition of "ridiculous," in the dictionary. (I doubt whether Bean and LE style many of their parkas that way, but you never know.)

What do you think of AI's M-3B?

 

http://www.alphaindustries.com/Mens-Parkas/Alpha-Industries-Slim-Fit-N-3B-Parka.asp

post #26429 of 28877
Ok, so I'm new to colored denim. Which of these shoes would pair best with these maroon jeans? Black monk, blue suede, or walnut blucher?

Thanks in advance!

post #26430 of 28877
so it is a defect.
any idea on how serious it may be?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here