What causes a trouser's pockets to flare out?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 11/21/14 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1761
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26402 of 291232/6/14 at 4:45pmpost #26403 of 291232/6/14 at 7:33pmQuote:
The reason I ask is because my thighs have gotten bigger recently from being at the gym. I find that my butt looks better on my trousers, and my waist size has remained the same. However, there is definitely a lot of creasing in the front. It was rather apparent that my pockets were flaring out.
Can a tailor fix this in anyway?post #26404 of 291232/6/14 at 7:39pmpost #26405 of 291232/6/14 at 8:10pmpost #26406 of 291232/6/14 at 8:19pm
Jeez, you sound like my therapist.
As for those AEs, the ones I tried on in Nordstroms did that. That model has nothing to it other than floppy suede, which is, well, floppy. If a shoe with a lining, or one made out of thicker leather, did that, I'd be concerned.
Edited by YRR92 - 2/6/14 at 8:50pmpost #26407 of 291232/6/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
Either criss-cross or straight bar lacing, with the choice dependent on factors like the formality of the shoes (the more formal the shoe, the more I prefer straight bar lacing) and the number of eyelet pairs (even vs. odd is relevant in straight bar lacing, although there are ways around the issue).
Ian's Shoelace Site has pretty much all the information anyone needs to know (and then some) about lacing shoes.
I do criss cross on open laced shoes, bar on closed lace shoes.post #26408 of 291232/6/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
I saw the picture on my phone and thought it looked like the welt was separating. On a computer screen it looks much less terrifying. It looks fine to me, maybe a little sloppy, but okay.post #26409 of 291232/6/14 at 8:51pmQuote:
Yeah, looking at it again, the join in the welt (in the first photo) has been done rather badly -- just the kind of cosmetic (but not, I think, structural) defect that sends AEs to the shoebank.post #26410 of 291232/6/14 at 10:35pmpost #26411 of 291232/7/14 at 12:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MMoon24Quote:The reason I ask is because my thighs have gotten bigger recently from being at the gym. I find that my butt looks better on my trousers, and my waist size has remained the same. However, there is definitely a lot of creasing in the front. It was rather apparent that my pockets were flaring out.
Can a tailor fix this in anyway?
As far as I have been told, if the problem is actually your thighs and not in the seat, not completely. Usually the side seams can't be let out because there's no seam allowance. My tailor told me the best solution is to size up and have the waist and seat taken in. Maybe someone else has a better answer, because I'd be curious to get a second opinion.post #26412 of 291232/7/14 at 12:21am
'Course, to a certain extent any advice on parkas will depend on the conditions you expect to face, and the activities in which you'll be engaged. The best parka for a 2 block walk between Metro stop and DC office, may not be the best parka for winter hiking in Alaska. And you've failed to provide any details beyond (1) olive; and (2) $100-400.post #26413 of 291232/7/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Van Veen
As far as I have been told, if the problem is actually your thighs and not in the seat, not completely. Usually the side seams can't be let out because there's no seam allowance. My tailor told me the best solution is to size up and have the waist and seat taken in. Maybe someone else has a better answer, because I'd be curious to get a second opinion.
Have been told the same.post #26414 of 291232/7/14 at 8:16am
So I recently picked up a pair of penny loafers that have a very thin sole. Someone recommended I get a rubber sole protector for them--otherwise water would easily soak through if I got caught in rain or happened to step in a puddle or something. Any truth to this or should I disregard it and keep the leather sole?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › iphone6 Plus 128GB Silver Office Unlock 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 9 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 24 minutes ago
- › Size 40R █ NWT ~$2600 Ermenegildo Zegna Sportcoat █ Brown and Black... 28 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)