What causes a trouser's pockets to flare out?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 10:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1761
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26402 of 283272/6/14 at 4:45pmpost #26403 of 283272/6/14 at 7:33pmQuote:
The reason I ask is because my thighs have gotten bigger recently from being at the gym. I find that my butt looks better on my trousers, and my waist size has remained the same. However, there is definitely a lot of creasing in the front. It was rather apparent that my pockets were flaring out.
Can a tailor fix this in anyway?post #26404 of 283272/6/14 at 7:39pmpost #26405 of 283272/6/14 at 8:10pmpost #26406 of 283272/6/14 at 8:19pm
Jeez, you sound like my therapist.
As for those AEs, the ones I tried on in Nordstroms did that. That model has nothing to it other than floppy suede, which is, well, floppy. If a shoe with a lining, or one made out of thicker leather, did that, I'd be concerned.
Edited by YRR92 - 2/6/14 at 8:50pmpost #26407 of 283272/6/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
Either criss-cross or straight bar lacing, with the choice dependent on factors like the formality of the shoes (the more formal the shoe, the more I prefer straight bar lacing) and the number of eyelet pairs (even vs. odd is relevant in straight bar lacing, although there are ways around the issue).
Ian's Shoelace Site has pretty much all the information anyone needs to know (and then some) about lacing shoes.
I do criss cross on open laced shoes, bar on closed lace shoes.post #26408 of 283272/6/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
I saw the picture on my phone and thought it looked like the welt was separating. On a computer screen it looks much less terrifying. It looks fine to me, maybe a little sloppy, but okay.post #26409 of 283272/6/14 at 8:51pmQuote:
Yeah, looking at it again, the join in the welt (in the first photo) has been done rather badly -- just the kind of cosmetic (but not, I think, structural) defect that sends AEs to the shoebank.post #26410 of 283272/6/14 at 10:35pmpost #26411 of 283272/7/14 at 12:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MMoon24Quote:The reason I ask is because my thighs have gotten bigger recently from being at the gym. I find that my butt looks better on my trousers, and my waist size has remained the same. However, there is definitely a lot of creasing in the front. It was rather apparent that my pockets were flaring out.
Can a tailor fix this in anyway?
As far as I have been told, if the problem is actually your thighs and not in the seat, not completely. Usually the side seams can't be let out because there's no seam allowance. My tailor told me the best solution is to size up and have the waist and seat taken in. Maybe someone else has a better answer, because I'd be curious to get a second opinion.post #26412 of 283272/7/14 at 12:21am
'Course, to a certain extent any advice on parkas will depend on the conditions you expect to face, and the activities in which you'll be engaged. The best parka for a 2 block walk between Metro stop and DC office, may not be the best parka for winter hiking in Alaska. And you've failed to provide any details beyond (1) olive; and (2) $100-400.post #26413 of 283272/7/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Van Veen
As far as I have been told, if the problem is actually your thighs and not in the seat, not completely. Usually the side seams can't be let out because there's no seam allowance. My tailor told me the best solution is to size up and have the waist and seat taken in. Maybe someone else has a better answer, because I'd be curious to get a second opinion.
Have been told the same.post #26414 of 283272/7/14 at 8:16am
So I recently picked up a pair of penny loafers that have a very thin sole. Someone recommended I get a rubber sole protector for them--otherwise water would easily soak through if I got caught in rain or happened to step in a puddle or something. Any truth to this or should I disregard it and keep the leather sole?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Does dressing well really make a difference? 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 31 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 41 minutes ago
- › Summer Tie Friday Challenge 7/25/2014 44 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 47 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)