^This. The PM thread serves as documentation of the deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1756
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26327 of 286842/2/14 at 10:39ampost #26328 of 286842/2/14 at 11:25am
Nah, I'm comfortable with the people here. Everybody seems genuine. I just wanted to get a gauge of how I should go about things in the B&S market since it was my first time. I'm sure everything is fine, no need for Ebay. Thanks guys.post #26329 of 286842/2/14 at 11:39ampost #26330 of 286842/2/14 at 11:49ampost #26331 of 286842/2/14 at 12:04pmpost #26332 of 286842/2/14 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JezeC
Also I recommend funding your paypal account with a credit card. The one time I had a problem (elsewhere, not B&S) paypal were shitty about giving my money back, but one call to amex and I had an instant refund from them (and they assured me they would get their money back from paypal, eventually).post #26333 of 286842/2/14 at 4:42pmpost #26334 of 286842/2/14 at 5:06pmQuote:
Perhaps a couple of straps and a tool to swap them with. This depends on the watches he has, obviously.post #26335 of 286842/2/14 at 5:21pmQuote:
Don't watches need special straps? One of hi watches is broken as he has spent several months trying to source a link for the strap as you can supposedly only use links from (Cartier? maybe) and they cost a fortune and he can't find any.post #26336 of 286842/2/14 at 6:00pmQuote:
Depends - most watches that use leather / croc straps can be swapped out easily with a strap changing tool for another strap of the same size (lug width). Watches that use metal bracelets will require dedicated links for resizing, but even most of those can have the metal bracelet substituted for a strap with the use of a simple tool. Quality generic croc straps can be had for $120-$150, and of course, can and do cost a lot more if you buy dedicated replacement straps from the manufacturer.
Consider also a nice watch storage box or a subscription to a watch magazine (Watch Time is pretty good) as alternate gift suggestions.
Also - try asking for suggestions on the watch appreciation thread here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/36253/the-watch-appreciation-thread
Lots of dedicated watch nuts in residence and ready to help.post #26337 of 286842/3/14 at 4:01amI just picked up a pair of rich forest/fern green corduroy pants. Found a picture of them because my phone is dubious when it comes to colors.
Anyway, they beautifully match my hopsack tan blazer in color and texture, but I am having a difficult time visualizing a shirt which would match well.
I may just wear a rust colored sweater as I feel that would be the best color match.
Any other suggestions? I feel like blue would just be off, any shade of green, yellow, or tan would be too close in shade to the pants or jacket.
I'm thinking pink might work, but pink and green is a spring combination I feel, and corduroy is a fall/winter fabric.
Here is the shade of the pants, would love any suggestions.
Jpost #26338 of 286842/3/14 at 5:54ampost #26339 of 286842/3/14 at 6:11am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 22 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › hunting cap thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)