or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1649

post #24721 of 29363
Dear all,

Thank you for all of the reply. I have uploaded more pictures which will hopefully enable you to evaluate the fitting of this suit.

My main concern here is that it has a ticket pocket which probably sets it apart from the usual ones. I don't want to be too loud/overdressed given that I am still in my first year of study.



post #24722 of 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post

As I mentioned in the aforementioned other thread, the only thing really wrong with it is the white tie. Replace it with a brown tie, and I think you'd look fine.

As ImTheGroom notes, the shirt color really limits you. He's right; with a white shirt, there'd be several perfectly fine choices of tie color. But with the shirt pictured, I think a brown tie is the way to go.

On second look, I think a brown tie may be right. Best thing to do is try a few in the mirror, and see what you like. Stick to the colours mentioned, though. Burgundy, I think, will not do the trick with the coral shirt. I think it will clash. Apologies if I'm too late to the party to help.
post #24723 of 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoangng View Post

Dear all,

Thank you for all of the reply. I have uploaded more pictures which will hopefully enable you to evaluate the fitting of this suit.

My main concern here is that it has a ticket pocket which probably sets it apart from the usual ones. I don't want to be too loud/overdressed given that I am still in my first year of study.




It looks a touch big in the shoulders.

The ticket pocket is a more casual touch, and I certainly wouldn't think anyone would think you presumptuous for having one.

J
post #24724 of 29363

The ticket pocket is fine as such, though I think for a tall and slim person the proportion of visible fabric is more flattering without it. For a fit with a larger area of fabric on the front, additional pockets can nicely diminish this effect.

 

Not a big deal though in this case IMO.

post #24725 of 29363

Could someone quickly school me on the Armani suit hierarchy?  I came across a pretty heavily discounted navy summer-weight suit that I am thinking of buying and putting up for next season.

 

All I can recall from the inner lapel were "Collezioni" and "Giorgio" in addition to Armani.

 

Where does this sit within the Armani range in terms of quality - bottom, top, middle?  I'm not expecting "top" but any info would help as most of my suits are Samuelsohn with the odd Corneliani and D'Avenza thrown in and I really don't know from Armani.

 

Thanks.

post #24726 of 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Could someone quickly school me on the Armani suit hierarchy?  I came across a pretty heavily discounted navy summer-weight suit that I am thinking of buying and putting up for next season.

All I can recall from the inner lapel were "Collezioni" and "Giorgio" in addition to Armani.

Where does this sit within the Armani range in terms of quality - bottom, top, middle?  I'm not expecting "top" but any info would help as most of my suits are Samuelsohn with the odd Corneliani and D'Avenza thrown in and I really don't know from Armani.

Thanks.

Low to mid quality.

Armani Collezioni is the diffusion line. Some decent fabrics but fused for OTR models. AC MTM is now half canvassed however.
The Giorgio is the specific cut of the suit (soft shoulder model).

Armani Black Label (the label just says "Giorgio Armani") is the highest line. But that too is fused, unless you find the ones that are covered in basting, in which case it's canvassed (and close to $5k in retail). Harry Rosen just started carrying black label suiting, but it's the fused line.

Black Label (canvassed)
Black Label (fused)
Collezioni MTM (half canvassed)
Collezioni OTR (Fused)
Emporio Armani (Fused)


So long story short, Colezzioni isn't that impressive. A bit better than Hugo Boss in my opinion.
post #24727 of 29363

^^^ Appreciate that quick and comprehensive response.  I'll pass.

post #24728 of 29363
Was it a grey window pane model by chance?
post #24729 of 29363

No - a solid lightweight navy.  At the Outlet.  There was also a terrific navy Corneliani in a heavy chalkstripe flannel, but the deal wasn't as good on that one.

post #24730 of 29363
Are they having an additional markdown on suits right now (e.g. $100 off, or 20% off. Something like that)?
post #24731 of 29363
I was tempted by a Collezioni solid navy flannel suit a while back. I checked the tag, and it was 100% polyester. Crazy stuff.
post #24732 of 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Are they having an additional markdown on suits right now (e.g. $100 off, or 20% off. Something like that)?

 $100 - $250 off plus and additional 20% off starts Thursday next week.  At present, it's just some individual suits and sport coats marked down.

post #24733 of 29363

Was wondering if I could get some feedback on the fit of these trousers from Howard Yount. They're the Made in USA fit in size 38. I had to tighten the side adjusters almost to their limit, but they seem to fit well in the thighs. Made in Italy is too tight in the thighs for me. I'm 6'5" and about 215 lbs.

 

To my untrained eye, they seem to fit well. I would probably have a tailor take in the waist a little.

 

 

 

post #24734 of 29363

I was wondering if a blucher cap toe would be ok to wear to say a wedding. I know that a balmorals are more formal, but I have a slight problem with them. First I can't find them in my size and in my price range. Second I have severe type 1 diabetes with neuropathy in the feet and legs. I would love to get a pair of Allen Edmond Park Avenue's. I can't justify the price for a pair of shoes I maybe only to wear once or twice.

post #24735 of 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedKlown View Post
 

I was wondering if a blucher cap toe would be ok to wear to say a wedding. I know that a balmorals are more formal, but I have a slight problem with them. First I can't find them in my size and in my price range. Second I have severe type 1 diabetes with neuropathy in the feet and legs. I would love to get a pair of Allen Edmond Park Avenue's. I can't justify the price for a pair of shoes I maybe only to wear once or twice.

 

As a guest, unless it's more formal than suits, you should be fine.  Black, though.  Black.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here