Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 10:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1611post #24151 of 2914110/26/13 at 6:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24152 of 2914110/26/13 at 7:58ampost #24153 of 2914110/26/13 at 9:44ampost #24154 of 2914110/26/13 at 10:20ampost #24155 of 2914110/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:
Technically, under a three piece, braces are the only appropriate thing, since most belts cause bulges under the vest.post #24156 of 2914110/26/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Exactly what I was trying to post earlier, but my iPad would not cooperate. Though, side-tab adjusters are an option, just quite rare outside of rental garments.post #24157 of 2914110/26/13 at 5:41pmpost #24158 of 2914110/26/13 at 9:34pmpost #24159 of 2914110/26/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
Jeans? Where is your Tuxedo, man! At the very least rise to a charcoal or navy suit eutg white shirt and solid tie.tpost #24160 of 2914110/27/13 at 12:48am
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good pre-made searches(ebay) for high end Men's dress shoes? I use to have some for suits..shirts and shoes but seem to have lost the bookmark. Right now I am only looking at Allen Edmonds and Aldens used on Ebay because my budget is about 100$ right now for this pair. If any of you guys could suggest for some other brands for me to search or a pre-made search that would be awesome.post #24161 of 2914110/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:Quote:
Quoted for truth. "Black washed jeans" -- the lady is wearing a dress, let alone one with fancy decorations, let alone in black, let alone LONG? Doesn't matter if it's heirloom-quality woven on the finest loom in all of Japan and you paid four figures for it; denim dropped off the list of acceptable trousers about three and a half notches back. Under the assumption that the blazer is nonnegotiable: I'd advise you to find some charcoal trousers, lace up your nicest black or burgundy shoes, find some silver cuff links, stick with a plain-ish shirt (maybe small check) and I think a navy or dark red silk knit tie.
You know, that’s just, like, my opinion, man... and I don't know anything about your own style or wardrobe options. But I'll tell you what, I bet she appreciates the hell out of it.post #24162 of 2914110/27/13 at 7:33ampost #24163 of 2914110/27/13 at 11:45ampost #24164 of 2914110/27/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
Ok, well I think enough people have made the point that jeans and a blazer is not the appropriate outfit to match your date. Not knowing what your budget is for adding other elements, it is hard to advise what you should do. If you can't afford to pick up anything new, and this is all you have to work with, keep it simple and classic with the shirt and tie. RandomAdam is spot on with his advice. Stay away from loud colours for the shirt. If you go with a pattern, I would say something grey or light blue (and I'm not even sure about that with black pants) on white. A grey bengal stripe might look good - I saw some nice looking ones at Nordstrom's last week. If you have it in your closet, or you can afford one, go for, as I said, a charcoal or darker navy suit. Either one of those suits is apprpriate for almost every occasion - weddings, funerals, job interviews, meetings, etc. And, each one can range from Business Casual, all the way through to Black Tie Optional.post #24165 of 2914110/27/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
I love jeans, I've worn jeans on new years eve with a velvet blazer, but this post hurt my soul.
You have a date in 2013 who will wear a long dress. Rise to the occasion.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 48 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 22 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 27 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...