or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1610

post #24136 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Ok, thanks for replying.

Would it be better if I just wear the shirt with the jacket?

Purple and blue are generally not friendly towards each other. Purple with black or gray is much safer.

J
post #24137 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustopherJones View Post
 

Hello,

 

I just got a new Panama hat (cream colour, black band) today:

 

http://www.panamahat.com.au/men/mens-hat-detail.html?cid=32

 

But, I have no idea about what clothes to go with it. I'm from Australia and it's been really hot weather recently. What kind of clothes are suitable to wear with my new hat? Will a short sleeved shirt in white or light blue or light pink with coloured bow ties and cream coloured trousers work?

 

Thanks for any help,

A wannabe Bustopher Jones

P.S. What coloured shoes would match my proposed outfit?

post #24138 of 28658
Is it easy for a tailor to raise the armholes on a flannel jacket? And if so, can someone recommend a good tailor in NYC?
post #24139 of 28658

I tried a suit on last week that I quite like. It was dark gray, notched lapels and with a double breasted waistcoat, also with notched lapels. The Issue is the waist coat is too long and the buttoning point seems a bit low. Can a waistcoat be raised so the that the buttoning point is higher?

post #24140 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoves View Post
 

I tried a suit on last week that I quite like. It was dark gray, notched lapels and with a double breasted waistcoat, also with notched lapels. The Issue is the waist coat is too long and the buttoning point seems a bit low. Can a waistcoat be raised so the that the buttoning point is higher?

Yes, it can be.  The tailor would have to take it apart, and remove material from the shoulders, I'm pretty sure, so it could be an expensive alteration.  I'd get a quote on that before making a decision on the suit.

post #24141 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post
 

Yes, it can be.  The tailor would have to take it apart, and remove material from the shoulders, I'm pretty sure, so it could be an expensive alteration.  I'd get a quote on that before making a decision on the suit.

 

Thanks for the quick response! I'll talk to my alterationist and see what she says.

post #24142 of 28658

I'm having an issue identifying a thrifted suit's label. The inner jacket reads, "Lanificio Barberossa, Super 120s Australian Wool, Galvani Collezione." I've Googled these various brand names to no avail (I've also checked Styleforum. One mention of "Galvani Collezione" in the thrift-bragging thread, but no subsequent info on the label itself).

 

Some details: gray wool, horn buttons, notch lapel (fairly slim, although not J.Crew Ludlow territory), double-vent back, fully lined, 2-button, classic fit (nothing absurdly short or garishly long, so probably designed in the last 4-5 years). I can't speak too much to whether it's half or fully canvassed, although my guess would be half. Definitely not fused. The pants aren't a full-bodied cut, but again they're nothing terribly skinny. By all looks, it's a slim-fitting version of a classically styled fit. Pictures of the labels below:

 

 

 

 

 

It seems like a decent/fair quality suit. However, I'm looking for more info on the label, as it seems odd that nothing appears online. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

post #24143 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustopherJones View Post

P.S. What coloured shoes would match my proposed outfit?

I would wear flip-flops, but I love flip flops. If you were wearing it with a linen suit, maybe brown loafers, no socks.

Think linen, silk, light cotton, white, cream, black, pastel.

I love how a brown shirt looks with white linen pants.

J
post #24144 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCKing View Post
 

I'm having an issue identifying a thrifted suit's label. The inner jacket reads, "Lanificio Barberossa, Super 120s Australian Wool, Galvani Collezione." I've Googled these various brand names to no avail (I've also checked Styleforum. One mention of "Galvani Collezione" in the thrift-bragging thread, but no subsequent info on the label itself).

 

Some details: gray wool, horn buttons, notch lapel (fairly slim, although not J.Crew Ludlow territory), double-vent back, fully lined, 2-button, classic fit (nothing absurdly short or garishly long, so probably designed in the last 4-5 years). I can't speak too much to whether it's half or fully canvassed, although my guess would be half. Definitely not fused. The pants aren't a full-bodied cut, but again they're nothing terribly skinny. By all looks, it's a slim-fitting version of a classically styled fit. Pictures of the labels below:

 

 

 

 

 

It seems like a decent/fair quality suit. However, I'm looking for more info on the label, as it seems odd that nothing appears online. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say it's some mass produced suit with a fancy label thrown in it to make it look expensive, especially since you can't find any info online regarding the label.  I seriously doubt that it's a canvassed garment and most likely fused...I may be wrong but I doubt it.  If it's nice and you like it than it doesn't matter...wear it and enjoy!

post #24145 of 28658

How much do you guys usually get charged for TOPY's?
I'm getting quoted like 40 bucks here in boston...

post #24146 of 28658
^ that's completely reasonable IMO. 'bout the same here in LA from my local guy.
post #24147 of 28658
Heel and vibram some by me is $30 just sole is $22. Chicago area.
post #24148 of 28658

Hi there I'm in the market for a new suit! I currently am wearing my dad's old suit (he was the same build as me when he was my age).  It no longer fits me in the waist and it looks like I'm wearing a Zoot Suit (made me laugh when I wrote this!)  After searching the intranets and going window shopping I know the style I am looking for (modern slim fit) and it is only to be use for important events like interviews, formal events, etc.... My question is what should I be paying for something that would be used for? I am not made of money so anything over $800 is out of the question!

post #24149 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
 

Hi there I'm in the market for a new suit! I currently am wearing my dad's old suit (he was the same build as me when he was my age).  It no longer fits me in the waist and it looks like I'm wearing a Zoot Suit (made me laugh when I wrote this!)  After searching the intranets and going window shopping I know the style I am looking for (modern slim fit) and it is only to be use for important events like interviews, formal events, etc.... My question is what should I be paying for something that would be used for? I am not made of money so anything over $800 is out of the question!

When someone asks about a modern slim fit suit cheap, the answer is almost always Suit Supply. However, if you are too large in the midsection for the suit you already own, I'm not sure slim fit is for you.

post #24150 of 28658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post

Hi there I'm in the market for a new suit! My question is what should I be paying for something that would be used for?

There's no reason you can't get something perfectly acceptable for 3 or 4 bills. How old are you, where are you from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here