or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1603

post #24031 of 27530

Is this Drake's tie autenthic, or is it not part of the mainline? Notice the white label. 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #24032 of 27530
Hey what's this guys name?

I like his style
post #24033 of 27530

I'm going to check out a couple of places this weekend for MTM suiting. Some of their higher end ranges sound a little too good. Is there an issue with people peddling fake Dugdale Bros, Ariston, Dormeuil etc?

If so is there anything in particular I can look out for on the swatches to make sure they are legit?

post #24034 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDonDraper View Post

Hey what's this guys name?

I like his style

Milan Vukmirovic

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Milan+Vukmirovic&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enCA524CA524&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZQZiUs7JOcWdyQG_w4DICg&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=799

What I do is I use search by image on Google, it's pretty amazing what it'll pick up.
post #24035 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post
 

You are likely confusing soft leather with thin. In addition, those boots should not be worn with suits. Enjoy them for what they are.  

 

The AE fifth street boots had leather that was as thin as this but that felt more plastic-y. The CH boots I tried were pretty soft though, but I'm not sure I want to support CH as a brand any more unless I buy more of the old stock. Even 200 feels too high for cole haan given the brands current state. The leather on my AE daltons is about one and a half times as thick if not a little more. It's not as soft feeling though.

 

Really? They look like regular shoes with the pant legs over them. I guess my standards are low because I'm in the medical field at an academic center!

 

In any event, thanks I will! I might try wearing them with more formal pants to see what they look like, but I think they fit the void in my wardrobe perfectly!

post #24036 of 27530
Will a pair of Chelsea boots be any more sturdy or durable than a pair of dress shoes from the same company
post #24037 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Businessness View Post

Will a pair of Chelsea boots be any more sturdy or durable than a pair of dress shoes from the same company

 

From Aldo? Eh, I don't know. I'm not sure that I'd even wear Chelsea boots that much to be honest.

And if these boots hold their shape well and last a bit, I'm probably taking that as a sign of luck on my part than on quality on theirs. I've heard their made in china stuff is atrocious as they're basically 'fashion' shoes meant to last a season or two. These were made in mexico, so who knows maybe I'll get lucky!

post #24038 of 27530

Picked up a pair of captoes from eBay in my usual size. If I wear them "normally", toes touching the front of the shoe, it leaves enough space in the back that they can slip off with some minor effort. If I wear them with my heel lined up to the back of the shoe, I have some space in the front and it is semi-comfortable.   

 

So question is how much wiggle room in the shoes is too much or appropriate? 

post #24039 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by David23 View Post

Picked up a pair of captoes from eBay in my usual size. If I wear them "normally", toes touching the front of the shoe, it leaves enough space in the back that they can slip off with some minor effort. If I wear them with my heel lined up to the back of the shoe, I have some space in the front and it is semi-comfortable.   

So question is how much wiggle room in the shoes is too much or appropriate? 
Sounds like it might be slightly big, but really depends on the last. My toes don't touch the front of my shoes in some lasts and they do in others. I don't think that the point is for the shoes to touch the front of the shoes though unless they are loafers.
post #24040 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by David23 View Post

Picked up a pair of captoes from eBay in my usual size. If I wear them "normally", toes touching the front of the shoe, it leaves enough space in the back that they can slip off with some minor effort. If I wear them with my heel lined up to the back of the shoe, I have some space in the front and it is semi-comfortable.   

So question is how much wiggle room in the shoes is too much or appropriate? 
Unless the shoes are too small for your feet, foot length actually doesn't have as much to do with proper fit as one might think. Check this out.
post #24041 of 27530

I want to buy a shirt with a detachable wing collar. However, the collars I found so far (like this one: http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/collars/standard-wing-stiff-collar-co110.html) are only available in steps of 0.5 inches, so there are only 15.5 and 16 while my regular collar size is 15.75. Is there any online shop that sells a 15.75 or should I just buy a 16? After wearing the wrong collar size for many years, I am afraid that there might be a collar gap with 16.

post #24042 of 27530
What is a good place to buy a relatively inexpensive cashmere scarf? I'm looking for solid grey and one in black maybe. Or light subdued patterns would be fine too.

Thanks.
post #24043 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post

What is a good place to buy a relatively inexpensive cashmere scarf
How inexpensive? Because around the holiday season, there are places at the local shopping malls selling cashmere scarfs for $19 each, or two for $35. 'Course, I'm guessing they may not be the highest quality cashmere.

Jos A Bank carries lots of cashmere scarves for $130, currently on sale for $65. Again, maybe not the finest cashmere money can buy, but you did want relatively inexpensive, and the finest cashmere is seldom relatively inexpensive.

Lands' End has a couple of men's cashmere scarves for $99 each, I think. And finding a coupon good for 20-30% off is practically a given, which would knock the price down to maybe $75.

I recall seeing a variety of cashmere scarves at the local Brooks Bros. store, not long ago. I believe they were mostly priced at around $250, with a few for more like $350 and $500.

I'll somewhat arbitrarily assume that over $500 no longer qualifies as relatively inexpensive for a scarf. Well, at least for most of us.
post #24044 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post

How inexpensive? Because around the holiday season, there are places at the local shopping malls selling cashmere scarfs for $19 each, or two for $35. 'Course, I'm guessing they may not be the highest quality cashmere.

Jos A Bank carries lots of cashmere scarves for $130, currently on sale for $65. Again, maybe not the finest cashmere money can buy, but you did want relatively inexpensive, and the finest cashmere is seldom relatively inexpensive.

Lands' End has a couple of men's cashmere scarves for $99 each, I think. And finding a coupon good for 20-30% off is practically a given, which would knock the price down to maybe $75.

I recall seeing a variety of cashmere scarves at the local Brooks Bros. store, not long ago. I believe they were mostly priced at around $250, with a few for more like $350 and $500.

I'll somewhat arbitrarily assume that over $500 no longer qualifies as relatively inexpensive for a scarf. Well, at least for most of us.

Thanks this is really helpful!

I was hoping to get something around the $50 price point. I understand that I won't really get anything great for that much, but that's my budget for one right now.

When talking about quality in relation to these scarves, is it the durability of the material that is the main factor? Because if so, I don't mind because I don't wear scarves very often, and I keep my things relatively well so I can probably do fine with something cheap.

On the other hand, if getting cheap cashmere is no better than good wool in the same price range, then I would rather do wool.

Things around my neck irritate me, so I am looking for something very soft and comfortable.

Thanks for the help so far!
post #24045 of 27530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post

What is a good place to buy a relatively inexpensive cashmere scarf? I'm looking for solid grey and one in black maybe. Or light subdued patterns would be fine too.

Thanks.

You can find Johnstons of Elgin 100% cashmere scarves for around £30 at Highland Store and Westaway. Retail prices are usually £100.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here