Feel free to comment on the the jacket itself as well. It is a bit short
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1593post #23881 of 2887510/10/13 at 10:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23882 of 2887510/10/13 at 10:53pm
Another sportcoat question:
I just bought a new one on EBAY. It is a Brooks Brothers Fitz and fits well. The fabric looks like some tweed pants I have but a larger somewhat looser weave and much softer (it is 10% cashmere). Any name for this type of weave? I imagine I would wear this like tweed or a herringbone? It seems wrong with dressier worsted pants but I am not sure.post #23883 of 2887510/11/13 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by giaour
Thanks for taking the time to reply. This may be it as there is indeed some neck roll and when I pull the jacket taut at the back, it diminishes the bulge/ripple. And in fact, after a day of hanging, the ripple is less noticeable. I'll take it to the tailor this weekend and see if he can provide further insight, and I'll try to get a better picture. This is the first time I've bought a jacket online and I must say it all seems a bit more trouble than it's worth...
Neck roll is a pretty common thing to see--not the end of the world if the rest of the jacket is fitting well. A good tailor can take it out for you.post #23884 of 2887510/11/13 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh
I read his comment differently and took the impression that he was suggesting we all dispose of all of our jeans the day before we turn 36. As for the jeans, they're a pair of Levis that I've had for years. I'm not making an argument for them but I don't remember them as having been given fake distressing. That small point may not make them any more appropriate as 'odd trousers' but I think it does make them a little less cheesy at least.
You're probably both right. I'm wearing jeans today, but not denim and not with a jacket. Whether or not you like my (raspberry, actually!) fil d'Ecosse over the calf socks, is immaterial. I can wear them because I'm a bad muthafucka, at least I believe that's the correct expression.
The thing about jeans is that there is pretty much always a better looking alternative. Whatever dispensation Hugh Jackman might get, it's rarely achievable for mortals like you and me. Unless you're riding a slow motorcycle or a horse, they're not going to look as good as you think they do. What feels familiar and easy and laid back, looks careless, cheap and scruffy. So, really, just trust me on the jeans: wear coloured ones. Or cords or moleskins or best of all some kind of chinos. Perfectly casual, more comfortable, just as resilient and SO much more appealing.
By the way, your pic at the bottom of that picture really sums it all up. That is a rapid transformation from disheveled tryer into comfortably casual serious dude. I like.post #23885 of 2887510/11/13 at 5:37am
What do you all think about the collar on this Land's End Canvas shirt I bought? I think it looks absurdly skimpy next to my huge head so I took a photo to get some opinions. It's a button-down. My one and only Brooks Bros button-down, on the other hand, has a beautiful flowing collar. Sorry for the general frumpiness of the photo; I just threw the shirt on to take a picture of it. This is after a machine wash & dry.post #23886 of 2887510/11/13 at 5:57ampost #23887 of 2887510/11/13 at 6:38ampost #23888 of 2887510/11/13 at 6:46ampost #23889 of 2887510/11/13 at 11:42ampost #23890 of 2887510/11/13 at 3:59pmpost #23891 of 2887510/11/13 at 4:12pmpost #23892 of 2887510/11/13 at 4:13pmpost #23893 of 2887510/11/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
As a 20 year old, my style is to look better than others around me. Wear a lot of chino of various brown shades and a lot of denim...all fitted very well. Slim fit dress shirts and polos is what i wear on my top half and i leave them untucked...occasional tuck if putting on a sports coat (of which i have a grey and navy one) and as of late have been tucking in often since I'm going through a slim-fit sweater over dress shirt phase. Does this aid in your assessment? I currently have tan bucks, brown loafers, dark brown sperry tassle boat shoes, AE walnut sanfords, and some black close laced oxfords from...J&M -.-. One pair of vans canvas sneakers in grey also.
Does this define my style more? I have a dark complexion if that matters. My style is to look 25 years old - 30 years old in my dressing since my face makes me look 13. Just want to add another shoe to the collection...that is versatile enough to wear with the kinds of pants and style i have...so does all this answer your question and help in you helping me decide between beeswax desert boots with crepe soles or red-soled white bucks? Thanks a lot
P.S. A seersucker suit will be in my collection next year if i get a good deal.post #23894 of 2887510/11/13 at 4:32pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things you just don't get 3 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 31 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 46 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...