I agree with you on the black shoes. They are considered to be universal and often do not fit on a given occasion and on a daily basis. Let's leave it at weddings and funerals.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1587
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23792 of 2694910/4/13 at 3:38ampost #23793 of 2694910/4/13 at 4:05ampost #23794 of 2694910/4/13 at 4:35ampost #23795 of 2694910/4/13 at 6:48am
Funny how the more I wear different shades of brown shoes thats how I view black, which was the only color I used to wear. Thanks for the reminder. That being said I went with the med grey suit/pink shirt/walnut shoes. I have a birthday dinner after work so it feels good for both. I'm not used to wearing pink but it being October, well, here I go.
Quote:Originally Posted by donjuan17
Walnut would be your best bet all the way, either with your grey or navy suit. As for the suit I'd go for the navy. It goes great with the walnut shoes.
It's become pretty clear that black shoes should be reserved for weddings and funerals, or ultra conservative jobs. Your call on that.post #23796 of 2694910/4/13 at 6:51ampost #23797 of 2694910/4/13 at 9:01am
i am interested in ernesto sportscoat,but can't find enough information about them
the fabric they use looks great ( not all, some looks too loud)
it makes me remind boglioli
the only useful infor i find:
anyone have experience about their quality and fit?
Thanks!post #23798 of 2694910/4/13 at 9:11ampost #23799 of 2694910/4/13 at 9:43am
I am looking for tailored wool dress pants on a budget (80-120$) and I am a little on the chubby side (240lbs, 5.11, 40 waist). This causes a problem.
The usual suspects in this range like Jcrew, Uniqlo, and BR either cap out at a 38 waist or have their pants split into classic (parachute) or slim/skinny which tend to be tight in the thighs for me. Oddly I can find chinos and jeans in this trim(er) style e.g. gap jeans regular 38 waist fit me well, but not wool trousers.
I know Nordstrom can sort me out but at a price point that I am not comfortable with considering that I blow out the crotch in pants after a year of use.
I want to avoid the old man pant look but I cant fit into the skinny stuff. Anyone have any suggestions? Brands to look into? Or will I just have to get the larger ones tailored?
Thanks!post #23800 of 2694910/4/13 at 10:14ampost #23801 of 2694910/4/13 at 10:38ampost #23802 of 2694910/4/13 at 12:59pmpost #23803 of 2694910/4/13 at 2:31pm
Hey guys, so I want to buy this jacket http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2013-08/21/liam-payne-one-direction-premiere-wearing-topman-jacket and I found one size extra small for an affordable price. It is sold out on their official website.However, I typically wear size small not extra small for t shirts by Topman. The jacket is genuine leather. Should I buy it? Is it true that leather jackets should be sized down as they are supposed to be tight, but then loosen up as you wear them? I want a similar fit to the one in the picture. Thanks!post #23804 of 2694910/4/13 at 3:00pm
Not even if leather jackets are supposed to have a more snug fit than some other types of jackets. (Not a "tight" fit. There is a difference.) Not even if you might wear the jacket unbuttoned (something you asked about in a post in another thread). Not even on the hope that it might "loosen up" with some wear.
If you are a size small, then with few exceptions you should buy a size small. Not an extra small. Not even if it's priced low. Because while every now and then you might find an extra small that runs big for the size, mostly you won't. (To the best of my knowledge, Topman fits pretty much true to size, and not unusually large.) As a general rule, you should buy the size that fits you, and in your case it's typically going to be a small that fits you, not an extra small.post #23805 of 2694910/4/13 at 3:37pmI beg to differ. I have lots of experience owning and buying leather and denim jackets and always size down one and even two whole sizes. You are completly correct in your assumption that your leather should have a tight fit. There's nothing wide than owning baggy leather ( have you seen leather jackets that add a gut? Not appealing).
Just the .02 cents of a biker.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 15 seconds ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 45 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Samuelsohn MTM 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw