I agree with you on the black shoes. They are considered to be universal and often do not fit on a given occasion and on a daily basis. Let's leave it at weddings and funerals.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1587
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23792 of 2872810/4/13 at 3:38ampost #23793 of 2872810/4/13 at 4:05ampost #23794 of 2872810/4/13 at 4:35ampost #23795 of 2872810/4/13 at 6:48am
Funny how the more I wear different shades of brown shoes thats how I view black, which was the only color I used to wear. Thanks for the reminder. That being said I went with the med grey suit/pink shirt/walnut shoes. I have a birthday dinner after work so it feels good for both. I'm not used to wearing pink but it being October, well, here I go.
Quote:Originally Posted by donjuan17
Walnut would be your best bet all the way, either with your grey or navy suit. As for the suit I'd go for the navy. It goes great with the walnut shoes.
It's become pretty clear that black shoes should be reserved for weddings and funerals, or ultra conservative jobs. Your call on that.post #23796 of 2872810/4/13 at 6:51ampost #23797 of 2872810/4/13 at 9:01am
i am interested in ernesto sportscoat,but can't find enough information about them
the fabric they use looks great ( not all, some looks too loud)
it makes me remind boglioli
the only useful infor i find:
anyone have experience about their quality and fit?
Thanks!post #23798 of 2872810/4/13 at 9:11ampost #23799 of 2872810/4/13 at 9:43am
I am looking for tailored wool dress pants on a budget (80-120$) and I am a little on the chubby side (240lbs, 5.11, 40 waist). This causes a problem.
The usual suspects in this range like Jcrew, Uniqlo, and BR either cap out at a 38 waist or have their pants split into classic (parachute) or slim/skinny which tend to be tight in the thighs for me. Oddly I can find chinos and jeans in this trim(er) style e.g. gap jeans regular 38 waist fit me well, but not wool trousers.
I know Nordstrom can sort me out but at a price point that I am not comfortable with considering that I blow out the crotch in pants after a year of use.
I want to avoid the old man pant look but I cant fit into the skinny stuff. Anyone have any suggestions? Brands to look into? Or will I just have to get the larger ones tailored?
Thanks!post #23800 of 2872810/4/13 at 10:14ampost #23801 of 2872810/4/13 at 10:38ampost #23802 of 2872810/4/13 at 12:59pmpost #23803 of 2872810/4/13 at 2:31pm
Hey guys, so I want to buy this jacket http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2013-08/21/liam-payne-one-direction-premiere-wearing-topman-jacket and I found one size extra small for an affordable price. It is sold out on their official website.However, I typically wear size small not extra small for t shirts by Topman. The jacket is genuine leather. Should I buy it? Is it true that leather jackets should be sized down as they are supposed to be tight, but then loosen up as you wear them? I want a similar fit to the one in the picture. Thanks!post #23804 of 2872810/4/13 at 3:00pm
Not even if leather jackets are supposed to have a more snug fit than some other types of jackets. (Not a "tight" fit. There is a difference.) Not even if you might wear the jacket unbuttoned (something you asked about in a post in another thread). Not even on the hope that it might "loosen up" with some wear.
If you are a size small, then with few exceptions you should buy a size small. Not an extra small. Not even if it's priced low. Because while every now and then you might find an extra small that runs big for the size, mostly you won't. (To the best of my knowledge, Topman fits pretty much true to size, and not unusually large.) As a general rule, you should buy the size that fits you, and in your case it's typically going to be a small that fits you, not an extra small.post #23805 of 2872810/4/13 at 3:37pmI beg to differ. I have lots of experience owning and buying leather and denim jackets and always size down one and even two whole sizes. You are completly correct in your assumption that your leather should have a tight fit. There's nothing wide than owning baggy leather ( have you seen leather jackets that add a gut? Not appealing).
Just the .02 cents of a biker.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com... 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 3 minutes ago
- › More Versatile Color Harris Tweed? 3 minutes ago
- › 3 x BELVEST Sport Coats - Navy Donegal, Navy 100% Cashmere, Dark... 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...