or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1554

post #23296 of 28787
Is "Barba's" the same thing as "Barba"? If not, does anyone know anything about the quality of Barba's (apostrophe-s) ties?
post #23297 of 28787

Need a tie for a wedding and I rarely is ever wear a tie otherwise so I want something very flexible

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/shepherds-check-navy.html

I like this one but am unsure about it being most flexible for pattern matching

Also looking at his grenadine Navy but not sure about it.  An alternative to the Grenadine is This is a Navy Twill.  Does this have enough texture to not look shiny?

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/ties/products/silk-twill-tie-navy

post #23298 of 28787

Sorry also reposting a question hoping someone has some info

 

What winter climate do you think this coat is suited to? It is 24 oz wool.

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/fabric/wool/wool-car-coat.htm

 

Also related question:

Do you think lighter weight flannel pants are suitable to be worn in a climate that often has winter highs in the low 60s?

post #23299 of 28787

Has anyone taken their Jcrew 'secret wash' shirts to the dry cleaner and had them starched? I have done that on a number of shirts and want to know whether repeated starching has completely ruined the 'secret wash' feel or whether I can restore it some how.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #23300 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby Trout View Post

Would these brown Allen Edmonds go with a darker charcoal suit? I've been asking around and I've gotten very mixed reviews. The suit is a darker charcoal. 

If you have the confidence to pull it off. It's a matter of personal preference. Try it and see how you like it.
post #23301 of 28787

Do you think these gloves (link below) will stretch a lot? I bought them in a size L, but I think I might've needed M. Shipping them back for an exchange would be too costly, so I'm not returning them.

 

So the question is - do these kind of (shearling gloves) stretch less than "normal" leather gloves? If these gloves stretch too much, they might become too loose after a while. 

 

 

 

http://www.malfordoflondon.com/en/dents-gloves/5142-dents-for-harrods-hand-sewn-shearling-gloves.html

post #23302 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

Do you think these gloves (link below) will stretch a lot? I bought them in a size L, but I think I might've needed M. Shipping them back for an exchange would be too costly, so I'm not returning them.

So the question is - do these kind of (shearling gloves) stretch less than "normal" leather gloves? If these gloves stretch too much, they might become too loose after a while. 





http://www.malfordoflondon.com/en/dents-gloves/5142-dents-for-harrods-hand-sewn-shearling-gloves.html
If they are too big for you now, chances are they won't stretch. Things usually stretch when force is exerted on them.
post #23303 of 28787

Is the following belt ok with both of the shoes here, or is it necessary to match colors more. I'm not looking for perfection. The belt is cheap and what I'm looking for even if it might not be the best color combo.
 

post #23304 of 28787
I think generally it's better to match textures first, then color, but it strikes me that that belt may be a bit wide for the shoes on the bottom. What's the rest of the outfit like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

Is the following belt ok with both of the shoes here, or is it necessary to match colors more. I'm not looking for perfection. The belt is cheap and what I'm looking for even if it might not be the best color combo.

 





post #23305 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean anon View Post

Sorry also reposting a question hoping someone has some info

What winter climate do you think this coat is suited to? It is 24 oz wool.

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/fabric/wool/wool-car-coat.htm

Also related question:


Do you think lighter weight flannel pants are suitable to be worn in a climate that often has winter highs in the low 60s?

Dependes on the weave, but a 24 oz cloth sounds like a good middle ground between too cold and too warm. Consult these threads for more info:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?59141-Fabric-Weight-Overcoats
http://www.styleforum.net/t/230231/good-weight-for-overcoat-fabric

As for the second question, under the condition you specified, I believe light-weight flannel would serve you very well.
post #23306 of 28787

When is it appropriate to cuff your pant legs in order to show a little sock? Jeans, chinos, slacks, etc.?

And what's the best way to do it?

post #23307 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

Is the following belt ok with both of the shoes here, or is it necessary to match colors more. I'm not looking for perfection. The belt is cheap and what I'm looking for even if it might not be the best color combo.
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I would say no.  I think a light brown belt would work better for both of these pairs of shoes.  +1 for being too wide for the bottom pair.  The width is fine for the bucks, but I think a narrower belt would be more versatile in general.  

post #23308 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I would say no.  I think a light brown belt would work better for both of these pairs of shoes.  +1 for being too wide for the bottom pair.  The width is fine for the bucks, but I think a narrower belt would be more versatile in general.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

I think generally it's better to match textures first, then color, but it strikes me that that belt may be a bit wide for the shoes on the bottom. What's the rest of the outfit like?


Sorry, I totally posted the wrong belt. The one that I have is only 1.1". Definitely not concerned about the width. It is actually a bit darker than the one in the pic. This is more representative of what the belt color is. (and again, the shoes are tan grenson stanley and tan bucks)
 



@an acute style, it's actually pretty similar to the one in your avatar, aside from the different buckle.

post #23309 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


If they are too big for you now, chances are they won't stretch. Things usually stretch when force is exerted on them.


Ask OJ...

post #23310 of 28787
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBworth View Post

When is it appropriate to cuff your pant legs in order to show a little sock? Jeans, chinos, slacks, etc.?

And what's the best way to do it?


Never, if you are going to roll your pants than no socks is appropriate to show a little ankle.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here