If you are going to wear a waistcoat get side adjusters. If you are just going the 2 piece and like belts go for the belt loops but I would definitely get one or the other.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1551post #23251 of 286898/21/13 at 8:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23252 of 286898/21/13 at 8:28pmQuote:
Although thinner crepe de chine still has the appearance of regular silk. I have only seen scarves and dresses made from it but don't see why it wouldn't make a good pocket square. More of a cotton fan myself and linen can make for an interesting alternative.post #23253 of 286898/21/13 at 8:55pmpost #23254 of 286898/21/13 at 9:01pmpost #23255 of 286898/22/13 at 12:05ampost #23256 of 286898/22/13 at 3:02am
Re Tapering and Slimming Down of Suit Pants, it's very easy. I have a sewing machine and do it myself, just got to make sure you balance the adjustments on each side to maintain the balance of the pants (and make sure the crease is still in the middle!). A tailor should be able to do it without any problems and fairly cheaply. At the same time you can adjust the length of the leg if necessary. Remember that you will want a slightly shorter leg if you're tapering pants as the pant will land higher up the foot.post #23257 of 286898/22/13 at 3:23amQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
Assuming the single breasted winter coat fits even remotely well, it's probably not possible. It's unlikely that the necessary material is present.
But even if somehow it could be done, you might well get better results, for less money, by simply buying a double breasted coat. (This sort of answer tends to be true when discussing most sorts of major clothing surgery.)Quote:
Thanks guys!post #23258 of 286898/22/13 at 3:44am
I have a quick question regarding sizing.
I normally do a XL in jackets, like outerwear jackets. I have no jackets/blazer in other sizes such as 52/54 which is what I am looking at.
I am looking to order some blazers and outerwear jackets from Yoox, and was wondering if I should go for 52 or 54.
Yoox says 52 is XL, I see other places on the internet saying different. I am a bit confused.
I am 6'5, not a big chest, semi-wide shoulders. I do a 43" in shirts which normally fits very well.
Do Italian brands normally run smaller than others?
I understand it will differ between brands, but what do you think my best option would be to take a guess on when I order?
thanks in advance
Jonaspost #23259 of 286898/22/13 at 10:48amItalian brands typically run slim and short. No one here will advocate for you to blindly purchase jackets without you knowing both your personal measurements and the measurements for the jackets you are potentially purchasing.
If any of your current jackets fit you ideally, measure it and record the measurements. If not, a tailor should be sbke to mrasure you for a nominal $10-20 charge. Email Yoox to ask for the measurements on the jackets. If they match, within reason, feel free to purchase.
It takes time to figure this entire process out, and particularly trial and error if you dont own any legitamite jackets in number sizing, not letter. Do not expect your first few jackets, if bought online, to fit perfectly.post #23260 of 286898/22/13 at 10:50ampost #23261 of 286898/22/13 at 11:04ampost #23262 of 286898/22/13 at 11:41amQuote:
What comes to your mind when you think of the word metrosexual? Here is what comes to my mind and I've seen it and was somewhat disgusted by it:
Manicure & pedicure
A visit to a freaking dermatologist for a monthly facial treatment
skinny jeans...even skinny pants to go with your already tight suit jacket
laser surgery to get rid of facial hair
go shopping with other dudes and asking them for their opinions
These were straight dudes but I do question their manliness.post #23263 of 286898/22/13 at 2:39pmpost #23264 of 286898/23/13 at 3:40am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 41 seconds ago
- › Japan proxy 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › NWOB Size 9.5 RLPL Edward Green Leather Canvas 888 Last wingtip... 5 minutes ago
- › NWOB Size 8 RLPL Edward Green Leather Canvas 888 Last wingtip Brogues 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)