If you are going to wear a waistcoat get side adjusters. If you are just going the 2 piece and like belts go for the belt loops but I would definitely get one or the other.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1551post #23251 of 275098/21/13 at 8:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23252 of 275098/21/13 at 8:28pmQuote:
Although thinner crepe de chine still has the appearance of regular silk. I have only seen scarves and dresses made from it but don't see why it wouldn't make a good pocket square. More of a cotton fan myself and linen can make for an interesting alternative.post #23253 of 275098/21/13 at 8:55pmpost #23254 of 275098/21/13 at 9:01pmpost #23255 of 275098/22/13 at 12:05ampost #23256 of 275098/22/13 at 3:02am
Re Tapering and Slimming Down of Suit Pants, it's very easy. I have a sewing machine and do it myself, just got to make sure you balance the adjustments on each side to maintain the balance of the pants (and make sure the crease is still in the middle!). A tailor should be able to do it without any problems and fairly cheaply. At the same time you can adjust the length of the leg if necessary. Remember that you will want a slightly shorter leg if you're tapering pants as the pant will land higher up the foot.post #23257 of 275098/22/13 at 3:23amQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
Assuming the single breasted winter coat fits even remotely well, it's probably not possible. It's unlikely that the necessary material is present.
But even if somehow it could be done, you might well get better results, for less money, by simply buying a double breasted coat. (This sort of answer tends to be true when discussing most sorts of major clothing surgery.)Quote:
Thanks guys!post #23258 of 275098/22/13 at 3:44am
I have a quick question regarding sizing.
I normally do a XL in jackets, like outerwear jackets. I have no jackets/blazer in other sizes such as 52/54 which is what I am looking at.
I am looking to order some blazers and outerwear jackets from Yoox, and was wondering if I should go for 52 or 54.
Yoox says 52 is XL, I see other places on the internet saying different. I am a bit confused.
I am 6'5, not a big chest, semi-wide shoulders. I do a 43" in shirts which normally fits very well.
Do Italian brands normally run smaller than others?
I understand it will differ between brands, but what do you think my best option would be to take a guess on when I order?
thanks in advance
Jonaspost #23259 of 275098/22/13 at 10:48amItalian brands typically run slim and short. No one here will advocate for you to blindly purchase jackets without you knowing both your personal measurements and the measurements for the jackets you are potentially purchasing.
If any of your current jackets fit you ideally, measure it and record the measurements. If not, a tailor should be sbke to mrasure you for a nominal $10-20 charge. Email Yoox to ask for the measurements on the jackets. If they match, within reason, feel free to purchase.
It takes time to figure this entire process out, and particularly trial and error if you dont own any legitamite jackets in number sizing, not letter. Do not expect your first few jackets, if bought online, to fit perfectly.post #23260 of 275098/22/13 at 10:50ampost #23261 of 275098/22/13 at 11:04ampost #23262 of 275098/22/13 at 11:41amQuote:
What comes to your mind when you think of the word metrosexual? Here is what comes to my mind and I've seen it and was somewhat disgusted by it:
Manicure & pedicure
A visit to a freaking dermatologist for a monthly facial treatment
skinny jeans...even skinny pants to go with your already tight suit jacket
laser surgery to get rid of facial hair
go shopping with other dudes and asking them for their opinions
These were straight dudes but I do question their manliness.post #23263 of 275098/22/13 at 2:39pmpost #23264 of 275098/23/13 at 3:40am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 11 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Heritage 8109 Moc Toe Oxford 24 seconds ago
- › Post your photography skills! (self-gloss) 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Heritage Moc Toe Boots - New in Box - Size 9-11.5 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Heritage 9111 Boots - Brand New in Box - Sizes 9-11.5 3 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › White's Boots Semi Dress - Dark Brown - Brand New in Box - Size 9.5D 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw