So i have a question. Does anybody know the difference in inches of the overall jacket length as well as the sleeve length between suit jackets that are Short, Regular, and Long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:47 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1550
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23237 of 285488/20/13 at 9:02pmQuote:
It is all specific to the garment in question. A couple Pal Zileri 40L suits I own measure 31" BOC. Other brands, such as Hickey Freeman, have some 40Rs that measure >31" BOC.
1) If in store, obviously try them online.
2) If online, request measurements on shoulder, chest, sleeve, and BOC. Compare against a well-fitting jacket you own.post #23238 of 285488/20/13 at 9:13pmpost #23239 of 285488/21/13 at 4:00am
I would suggest you read the February 7, 2011, entry of "A Suitable Wardrobe," titled "What is Flannel," which may be found at http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/02/what-is-flannel.html.
I quote the conclusion, below:
The combination of the process and the mixed wools used to produce flannel mean that it cannot be produced in weights lighter than 12 ounces, or about 360 grams. The lighter cloth that goes by the same name is actually a worsted that neither looks nor wears exactly like the woolen versions but has its place in warmer weather.post #23240 of 285488/21/13 at 5:55ampost #23241 of 285488/21/13 at 8:32ampost #23242 of 285488/21/13 at 8:42amQuote:
I wish the term "metrosexual" meant "attracted to large buildings," like that woman with the Eiffel Tower. Instead, it's a term made up by the media ten years ago so insecure guys could feel okay about wearing clothes from Banana Republic and having nice nails.
It's such a lame term. It's like "hipster" but with even less meaning.post #23243 of 285488/21/13 at 9:52amQuote:
How long is a piece of string?
There is no standard. Even the same brand and cut will measure differently from one item to the next.post #23244 of 285488/21/13 at 10:54amQuote:http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e08-south-park-is-gaypost #23245 of 285488/21/13 at 3:31pmpost #23246 of 285488/21/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Assuming the single breasted winter coat fits even remotely well, it's probably not possible. It's unlikely that the necessary material is present.
But even if somehow it could be done, you might well get better results, for less money, by simply buying a double breasted coat. (This sort of answer tends to be true when discussing most sorts of major clothing surgery.)post #23247 of 285488/21/13 at 4:31pmpost #23248 of 285488/21/13 at 5:06pmpost #23249 of 285488/21/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
That is totally a preference call. If you're not wearing braces, are you wearing a belt? If so, you're going to need loops.post #23250 of 285488/21/13 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by marksman
I'm getting a MTM suit made from ProperSuit.
My question is about the waist: what style should I get: belt loops, no belt loops, or "buckle and strape". Anyone have any experience with this? I will not be using suspenders / braces.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also known as side adjusters. Some people quite like them, it's all personal preference. I would recommend getting either belt loops (and wearing a belt) or getting the adjusters if you don't wear suspenders- even MTM, I'd want to ensure my pants have some room for adjustment.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Trickers x Leathersoul Eaton Boot - 6.5UK / 7.5US 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)