So i have a question. Does anybody know the difference in inches of the overall jacket length as well as the sleeve length between suit jackets that are Short, Regular, and Long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1550
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23237 of 294068/20/13 at 9:02pmQuote:
It is all specific to the garment in question. A couple Pal Zileri 40L suits I own measure 31" BOC. Other brands, such as Hickey Freeman, have some 40Rs that measure >31" BOC.
1) If in store, obviously try them online.
2) If online, request measurements on shoulder, chest, sleeve, and BOC. Compare against a well-fitting jacket you own.post #23238 of 294068/20/13 at 9:13pmpost #23239 of 294068/21/13 at 4:00am
I would suggest you read the February 7, 2011, entry of "A Suitable Wardrobe," titled "What is Flannel," which may be found at http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/02/what-is-flannel.html.
I quote the conclusion, below:
The combination of the process and the mixed wools used to produce flannel mean that it cannot be produced in weights lighter than 12 ounces, or about 360 grams. The lighter cloth that goes by the same name is actually a worsted that neither looks nor wears exactly like the woolen versions but has its place in warmer weather.post #23240 of 294068/21/13 at 5:55ampost #23241 of 294068/21/13 at 8:32ampost #23242 of 294068/21/13 at 8:42amQuote:
I wish the term "metrosexual" meant "attracted to large buildings," like that woman with the Eiffel Tower. Instead, it's a term made up by the media ten years ago so insecure guys could feel okay about wearing clothes from Banana Republic and having nice nails.
It's such a lame term. It's like "hipster" but with even less meaning.post #23243 of 294068/21/13 at 9:52amQuote:
How long is a piece of string?
There is no standard. Even the same brand and cut will measure differently from one item to the next.post #23244 of 294068/21/13 at 10:54amQuote:http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e08-south-park-is-gaypost #23245 of 294068/21/13 at 3:31pmpost #23246 of 294068/21/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Assuming the single breasted winter coat fits even remotely well, it's probably not possible. It's unlikely that the necessary material is present.
But even if somehow it could be done, you might well get better results, for less money, by simply buying a double breasted coat. (This sort of answer tends to be true when discussing most sorts of major clothing surgery.)post #23247 of 294068/21/13 at 4:31pmpost #23248 of 294068/21/13 at 5:06pmpost #23249 of 294068/21/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
That is totally a preference call. If you're not wearing braces, are you wearing a belt? If so, you're going to need loops.post #23250 of 294068/21/13 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by marksman
I'm getting a MTM suit made from ProperSuit.
My question is about the waist: what style should I get: belt loops, no belt loops, or "buckle and strape". Anyone have any experience with this? I will not be using suspenders / braces.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also known as side adjusters. Some people quite like them, it's all personal preference. I would recommend getting either belt loops (and wearing a belt) or getting the adjusters if you don't wear suspenders- even MTM, I'd want to ensure my pants have some room for adjustment.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 16 seconds ago
- › Strange experience with a tailor in Toronto--what did I do wrong? 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...