Is the Brooks Brothers non-iron button down still an oxford cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1531post #22951 of 250077/26/13 at 8:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22952 of 250077/26/13 at 9:08ampost #22953 of 250077/26/13 at 12:57pmpost #22954 of 250077/26/13 at 1:04pm
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?post #22955 of 250077/26/13 at 1:07pmpost #22956 of 250077/26/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by rangen930
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?
Agreed. I used some of this goop to keep the rubber part of a combination heel where it should be after it fell off (of some shell cordovan shoes with JR soles); as long as it doesn't do anything to the welt, AE should be fine with a dab to keep the heel on... but the real problem is wearing the same pair of shoes five days in a row for months at a time.
Two pairs of shoes each worn every other day will last much longer than buying a pair of shoes and buying another pair when the first wears out. Get a rotation going.post #22957 of 250077/26/13 at 1:27pmpost #22958 of 250077/26/13 at 1:30pmpost #22959 of 250077/26/13 at 2:13pmpost #22960 of 250077/26/13 at 2:27pmpost #22961 of 250077/26/13 at 2:44pmpost #22962 of 250077/26/13 at 3:01pmQuote:I guess I could understand not specifying pocket placement in conversations with the tailor about the desired suit, but didn't you notice the problem with the placement of the pocket prior to the final fitting?
Still seems like something a good tailor ought to get right. Who is this tailor, if you don't mind my asking?
And just to humor me, would you mind putting on the suit, taking a photo, and posting it here? Could be I'll think that the placement of the pocket is just fine, and that it's your perception of it that's the issue. (Meaning no offense, I assure you.)post #22963 of 250077/26/13 at 5:16pm
Evening guys. I just acquired this linen Armani Collezioni sport coat for cheap. However I was wondering about the versatility, and what you would pair it with. My guess is that it's obviously best suited for spring/summer, and dark pants would be ideal. Indigo denim perhaps? Anyway, if you have any thoughts please feel free to chime in here. I just threw on a random shirt/tie combo for the picture..post #22964 of 250077/26/13 at 6:54pm
anyway I own a pair of beeswax clarks bushacre 2s and recently I applied the kiwi brown instant wax polish on them because I wanted to darken them and I have a couple questions, any help is great
a) was kiwi brown instant wax polish okay for the boots? will it harm them in any way?
b) i think its cracking a little bit, is that normal? should i dampening a cloth and wiping it over the boots?
c) my friend just gave me a can of obernaufs heavy duty LP the day after I wax polished, can i apply it over the wax polish?
d) how can I remove the wax polish if needed?
thanks so much!
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Charles Tyrwhitt 34 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Carmina MTO 6 minutes ago
- › Is this what the B&S Has Come To? 9 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › NIB JM WESTON BROWN WING TIP BALMORAL OXFORD US SIZE US 8.5 MADE IN... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw