Sounds obvious, but depends on whether it is one of their oxfords or not... It will say oxford if it is oxford.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1531post #22951 of 293527/26/13 at 9:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22952 of 293527/26/13 at 12:57pmpost #22953 of 293527/26/13 at 1:04pm
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?post #22954 of 293527/26/13 at 1:07pmpost #22955 of 293527/26/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by rangen930
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?
Agreed. I used some of this goop to keep the rubber part of a combination heel where it should be after it fell off (of some shell cordovan shoes with JR soles); as long as it doesn't do anything to the welt, AE should be fine with a dab to keep the heel on... but the real problem is wearing the same pair of shoes five days in a row for months at a time.
Two pairs of shoes each worn every other day will last much longer than buying a pair of shoes and buying another pair when the first wears out. Get a rotation going.post #22956 of 293527/26/13 at 1:27pmpost #22957 of 293527/26/13 at 1:30pmpost #22958 of 293527/26/13 at 2:13pmpost #22959 of 293527/26/13 at 2:27pmpost #22960 of 293527/26/13 at 2:44pmpost #22961 of 293527/26/13 at 3:01pmQuote:I guess I could understand not specifying pocket placement in conversations with the tailor about the desired suit, but didn't you notice the problem with the placement of the pocket prior to the final fitting?
Still seems like something a good tailor ought to get right. Who is this tailor, if you don't mind my asking?
And just to humor me, would you mind putting on the suit, taking a photo, and posting it here? Could be I'll think that the placement of the pocket is just fine, and that it's your perception of it that's the issue. (Meaning no offense, I assure you.)post #22962 of 293527/26/13 at 5:16pm
Evening guys. I just acquired this linen Armani Collezioni sport coat for cheap. However I was wondering about the versatility, and what you would pair it with. My guess is that it's obviously best suited for spring/summer, and dark pants would be ideal. Indigo denim perhaps? Anyway, if you have any thoughts please feel free to chime in here. I just threw on a random shirt/tie combo for the picture..post #22963 of 293527/26/13 at 6:54pm
anyway I own a pair of beeswax clarks bushacre 2s and recently I applied the kiwi brown instant wax polish on them because I wanted to darken them and I have a couple questions, any help is great
a) was kiwi brown instant wax polish okay for the boots? will it harm them in any way?
b) i think its cracking a little bit, is that normal? should i dampening a cloth and wiping it over the boots?
c) my friend just gave me a can of obernaufs heavy duty LP the day after I wax polished, can i apply it over the wax polish?
d) how can I remove the wax polish if needed?
thanks so much!post #22964 of 293527/27/13 at 12:11ampost #22965 of 293527/27/13 at 12:36amQuote:
You can but some may suggest to make the stripe a different scale than what's on the shirt. I think if you wore a candy or dress stripe it may not look great. Maybe bengal. I think hairline stripes could work. You should always vary scale of patterns and textures. You could see how it's possible that a candy-stripe could be the exact same, or close, scale and would throw it off. Pin stripes too. Wide pin stripes, dress stripes, bengal, hairline, etc, could be good.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 14 minutes ago
- › Help a mid-late 20s guy with his shoes! 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...