or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1526

post #22876 of 27542

Went to my tailor because I believed that my new suit sleeve length was too long and was not showing enough shirt cuffs. He showed me that it is because "modern/slim" suits have higher arm holes and makes shirt bunch up. He said there are 2 ways to fix this. First is to pull out the bunched up shirt and the second is to widen the cuffs. Will the second solution make the shirt longer? By making the cuffs wider? 

post #22877 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

First is to pull out the bunched up shirt and the second is to widen the cuffs. Will the second solution make the shirt longer? By making the cuffs wider? 


Only if the cuffs are too narrow.

 

Have you tried wearing the jacket/shirt with the cuffs open? That will give you your answer.

post #22878 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubits View Post


Only if the cuffs are too narrow.

 

Have you tried wearing the jacket/shirt with the cuffs open? That will give you your answer.

That's what he showed me too. When I unbuttoned the tailor looked at the length of the shirt sleeve and said it was just right and advised to make the cuffs wider. I hope that fixes this nuisance.

post #22879 of 27542

How's the fit on Bonobos' suits compared to Jcrew's suits (ludlow)? 

 

Are the pants usually more baggy in Bonobos? 

post #22880 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

l will probably go with the dark suit for the whole day. Thanks!

Bring two ties. A light blue for the daytime, and black for the evening.
post #22881 of 27542

Can I wear these boat shoes with blue jeans? What colors will work with these?

 

 

 

Thanks
 

post #22882 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

Bring two ties. A light blue for the daytime, and black for the evening.
Not really necessary, but I suppose better a change of tie than a change of suit.

Nor would I recommend a solid black tie. A silver and black Macclesfield is a classic wedding tie, of course. Although using a tie to add a splash of color to, say, a grey suit with white shirt, is not necessarily a bad choice, either.

Heck, make that light blue daytime tie a bow tie. I mean, why not? Then again, I just happen to like bow ties, particularly for daytime social events.
post #22883 of 27542
Can anyone point me in the right direction in treating some Chippewa tan GQ boots? I don't want to darken them too much.

http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-20067-American-Handcrafted-Rodeo/dp/B00413PVOC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
post #22884 of 27542

Am I the only one who is allergic to linen?

I bought my first linen cloth a year ago, and it was 85% cotton/15% linen chinos, and it itched so much that it was impossible to wear.

I am not sure if I am really allergic, or if the fabrics were cheap. The chinos were from Patrik Ervell, though, so it shouldn't be shitty. 

post #22885 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

Bring two ties. A light blue for the daytime, and black for the evening.

Or don't wear a tie during the daytime. It's summer.
post #22886 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Am I the only one who is allergic to linen?
I bought my first linen cloth a year ago, and it was 85% cotton/15% linen chinos, and it itched so much that it was impossible to wear.
I am not sure if I am really allergic, or if the fabrics were cheap. The chinos were from Patrik Ervell, though, so it shouldn't be shitty. 

Were they lined?
post #22887 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezziamo View Post

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

 

Can anyone identify this shirt? What do you think about this collar? I loved it at first sight, even though I reckon it's a bit unconventional.

 

I'm contemplating buying it (or a similar one) for casual occasions, such as a walk in the city during these warm days.

Lapo unconventional? Dio boia!

post #22888 of 27542

Any suggestions what type of jeans a guy with short legs should look for? Low rise? Bootcut? Brands?

post #22889 of 27542
Ask over on the SW&D boards, youll get a better response.
post #22890 of 27542
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

Or don't wear a tie during the daytime. It's summer.

It's a wedding, I'd wear a tie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here