Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 4:31 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1524
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22847 of 286597/20/13 at 5:18ampost #22848 of 286597/20/13 at 6:21am
Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers? It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons. http://losmalditosmocasines.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/outfit-navy-blue.htmlpost #22849 of 286597/20/13 at 12:41pmwww.styleforum.net > did turn up many hits. Most of them are presumably worthless, and many of the rest would be For Sale posts, but I suspect somewhere in there might be a review or two.Quote:Well, a glance at the blazers and jackets featured at www.hackett.com does show several blue ones. Most seem to have metal buttons. Of course, replacing them with white buttons would be a fairly trivial matter, and quite affordable for buttons made of non-exotic materials.It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons.
I would add that Hackett's online won't ship to the US, nor does the Store Locator list anything in the US. 'Course, finding someone in the UK to act as a proxy for you might well be possible.
Then again, it's really just a slim-fitting blue blazer. It doesn't appear to be unique and remarkable in any obvious way. You could easily buy such a blazer in the US. And again, have white buttons put on it. Just saying, is all. But there's value in being able to try a jacket on before buying it, or to being able to easily return it if it's not quite right.
For that matter, are you even sure the jacket pictured has white buttons? In a photo, metallic buttons reflecting bright light can often appear white. But even if they really are white, swapping out buttons on a jacket is no big deal.post #22850 of 286597/20/13 at 1:57pm
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?post #22851 of 286597/20/13 at 6:33pmQuote:I'm rarely in suit or blazer, so I can get away with buying fused stuff if it fits really well... and since my Hugh & Crye shirts fit me like a glove, I'm strongly tempted to give their navy hopsack blazer a shot. Might be worth a look for you as well.Originally Posted by xxxamazexxx
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?post #22852 of 286597/20/13 at 6:53pmI'm looking for sneakers/shoes to go with black jeans (slim fit, but not skinny). In the spring/summer, I'd probably just wear it with a tee but in the winter I usually wear a grey hoodie under a black jacket.
I'm currently eyeing these Puma Suede Classics: http://www.shop.puma.com/Suede-Classic-Men's-Sneakers/pna352634,en_US,pd.html#!color%3D01%26size%3DUS_7_5 but I'm not sure which color to get. I'm really partial to the Ensign Blue-White and Greenlake-White Swan, nothing too crazy. Thoughts?post #22853 of 286597/20/13 at 8:53pmpost #22854 of 286597/20/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
You'll be fine, unless the belt is so dark as to be almost black (definitions of dark brown differ) but I would get something lighter anyway, just to have the option. Maybe with a reddish tone, whether or not you go full cordovan with the color.
One brown belt is certainly fine, anything brown (including cordovan, which is a reddish brown) goes with the brown, anything black (or gray, though gray shoes are rare) with the black belt.post #22855 of 286597/20/13 at 10:32pmpost #22856 of 286597/20/13 at 11:32pmpost #22857 of 286597/20/13 at 11:37pmpost #22858 of 286597/21/13 at 7:38ampost #22859 of 286597/21/13 at 12:26pmpost #22860 of 286597/21/13 at 3:15pmDoes anyone in DC area have experience with getting a custom-made suit at Sun Tailor (Tysons II)? I just realized that they make custom suits after buying like 5 suits from Zegna in the same mall. FML. He said it is about the price as a new Zegna suit. Wonder which is the better option. Whatever I buy from Zegna fits just right and only basic alternation is needed. Would there be a huge difference between Zegna and a custom-made suit? I am guessing for the same price the custom-made will be better but why go thru all the trouble if I Zegna fits me just right?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 12TH SEPTEMBER 2014: The Green Jacket Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)