Most of my ties are polyester. They are all ties I bought in Honduras about 10 years ago and were purchased as a 20 year old with no sense of style, in fact I was mostly trying to get old polyester and the only two silk ties I have were given to me.
The ties on the left are all polylester. The right top is a hand woven wool tie, and the bottom two on the right are silk. So I have a couple of questions.
1. Are any of these appropriate for a job interview?
2. Should I just throw some away?
3. (Don't kill me. I have searched around but can't find much good info on ties as a nice primer, other than what to wear with what) What is the difference in a $5 ebay 100% silk tie and a tie that costs $100.
4. Should you get different tie lengths for your height and neck?
5. If I sew my own ties, what are the things that set apart a nice tie from a not nice tie that I should add to making my own ties (that is assuming a $5 ebay one is not going to be worth it)
Thanks and sorry if these are stupid questions, I really did try and find some info first.