That suit looks skin tight...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1506post #22576 of 283337/4/13 at 9:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22577 of 283337/4/13 at 10:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Zakjapanner
A good friend of mine is going to get married in a few weeks, and the bride and groom have asked all guests to add a bit of green to their outfit.
I was thinking, perhaps a green tie, but ties aren't allowed, they said. The groom will be wearing a grey suit with a green shirt, so I'm not sure if wearing a green shirt myself would be a good idea. Maybe a green pocket square. But how should I fold it, and what colour shirt should I wear with it? Would I be able to pull it off with a white shirt, or would I look like a complete idiot? I have absolutely no idea. The suit I have is quite dark. It's not black, more like a dark grey. I'm not sure what I should be wearing, and what would be a good combination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have a green and white striped shirt that I absolutely love, with tie or without. (pretty much this, but as a stripe instead of a check, and in the tailored fit- seems to have been a one season thing). As long as it's a different type of green shirt than the groom, you should be good.
Olive chinos, shirt with green stripes or checks, linen jacket of some sort, green square that doesn't look like you're playing matchy matchy with your shirt, and you're set for a casual summer wedding. Oh, and black and brown shoes go equally well with olive, in case you're not used to wearing green pants.
I would embrace it, why not? They're your friends, and you can dress tastefully and while incorporating a lot of green.post #22578 of 283337/4/13 at 10:32am
I guessed that most of you would not agree with me, but you know, everyones taste is different, and I do like the look of that one. I have a zegna suit that is quite slim with wide lapels, fits perfect but it is more of a traditional fabric and it is double-breasted. I would like to have one similar to it that is single-breasted and in that fishbone fabric, which is why I am looking for it. Hope someone can give me a hint on where it's from.post #22579 of 283337/4/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
How tacky. All the guests are just little props in their wedding.
Lime green seersucker could be fun, if you could ever wear it again.post #22580 of 283337/4/13 at 12:27pmpost #22581 of 283337/4/13 at 2:13pmpost #22582 of 283337/4/13 at 3:10pmpost #22583 of 283337/4/13 at 3:36pmpost #22584 of 283337/4/13 at 3:38pmpost #22585 of 283337/4/13 at 3:44pmpost #22586 of 283337/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #22587 of 283337/4/13 at 3:46pm
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.post #22588 of 283337/4/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I checked and it is about 1.5 inches from my belly button
length is 29.5 from the bottom of the collar
I am 6'1 and a 32 inseampost #22589 of 283337/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #22590 of 283337/4/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
While it's difficult to say for sure with just a "from the front" view, it doesn't seem objectionably short to me. Particularly given the current fashion trend for ridiculously short suits and sportcoats. (Not that yours is in any way ridiculously short.)
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.
Thanks. This one is a sunk cost and I hardly wear it but am looking at another that is the same length in cotton/linen
Here is a side view
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Grayson Tassel Moc Toe USA | Size 10.5 14 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 17 minutes ago
- › How To Restore An Hermes Bag Using Some Leather Dyes And Polish 24 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 28 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 38 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 41 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)