That suit looks skin tight...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1506post #22576 of 293627/4/13 at 9:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22577 of 293627/4/13 at 10:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Zakjapanner
A good friend of mine is going to get married in a few weeks, and the bride and groom have asked all guests to add a bit of green to their outfit.
I was thinking, perhaps a green tie, but ties aren't allowed, they said. The groom will be wearing a grey suit with a green shirt, so I'm not sure if wearing a green shirt myself would be a good idea. Maybe a green pocket square. But how should I fold it, and what colour shirt should I wear with it? Would I be able to pull it off with a white shirt, or would I look like a complete idiot? I have absolutely no idea. The suit I have is quite dark. It's not black, more like a dark grey. I'm not sure what I should be wearing, and what would be a good combination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have a green and white striped shirt that I absolutely love, with tie or without. (pretty much this, but as a stripe instead of a check, and in the tailored fit- seems to have been a one season thing). As long as it's a different type of green shirt than the groom, you should be good.
Olive chinos, shirt with green stripes or checks, linen jacket of some sort, green square that doesn't look like you're playing matchy matchy with your shirt, and you're set for a casual summer wedding. Oh, and black and brown shoes go equally well with olive, in case you're not used to wearing green pants.
I would embrace it, why not? They're your friends, and you can dress tastefully and while incorporating a lot of green.post #22578 of 293627/4/13 at 10:32am
I guessed that most of you would not agree with me, but you know, everyones taste is different, and I do like the look of that one. I have a zegna suit that is quite slim with wide lapels, fits perfect but it is more of a traditional fabric and it is double-breasted. I would like to have one similar to it that is single-breasted and in that fishbone fabric, which is why I am looking for it. Hope someone can give me a hint on where it's from.post #22579 of 293627/4/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
How tacky. All the guests are just little props in their wedding.
Lime green seersucker could be fun, if you could ever wear it again.post #22580 of 293627/4/13 at 12:27pmpost #22581 of 293627/4/13 at 2:13pmpost #22582 of 293627/4/13 at 3:10pmpost #22583 of 293627/4/13 at 3:36pmpost #22584 of 293627/4/13 at 3:38pmpost #22585 of 293627/4/13 at 3:44pmpost #22586 of 293627/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #22587 of 293627/4/13 at 3:46pm
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.post #22588 of 293627/4/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I checked and it is about 1.5 inches from my belly button
length is 29.5 from the bottom of the collar
I am 6'1 and a 32 inseampost #22589 of 293627/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #22590 of 293627/4/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
While it's difficult to say for sure with just a "from the front" view, it doesn't seem objectionably short to me. Particularly given the current fashion trend for ridiculously short suits and sportcoats. (Not that yours is in any way ridiculously short.)
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.
Thanks. This one is a sunk cost and I hardly wear it but am looking at another that is the same length in cotton/linen
Here is a side view
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Viberg Boots 7 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...