or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1502

post #22516 of 28877
Funeral next week in Indianapolis for my wife's grandfather. My navy suit is threadbare and developing holes in unfortunate places, so it's retired and I'm pending something new when funds allow. That leaves me with two options:

1. Charcoal 1B peak lapel
2. mid- to light-gray 3r2 notch lapel

Which?
post #22517 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post

Funeral next week in Indianapolis for my wife's grandfather. My navy suit is threadbare and developing holes in unfortunate places, so it's retired and I'm pending something new when funds allow. That leaves me with two options:

1. Charcoal 1B peak lapel
2. mid- to light-gray 3r2 notch lapel

Which?
Black would’ve been best option. I say go for charcoal. No one will notice this but- 1 button peak lapel a bit too much for funerals’.
post #22518 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post


Black would’ve been best option. I say go for charcoal. No one will notice this but- 1 button peak lapel a bit too much for funerals’.

I agree. Neither is great, but chances are, there will not be a single person there that even notices that your charcoal suit is 1 button peak lapel. Not so for the mid/light gray suit.

post #22519 of 28877

I regular dress shirts I am a 34/35 sleeve length. I am looking to order charles tyrwhitt and there shirts are in 34 or 35(not 34/35) which size should I order?

post #22520 of 28877
Which English cobbler/shoemaker did the Polo Benchmade in England shoes and how can you tell?
post #22521 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

I regular dress shirts I am a 34/35 sleeve length. I am looking to order charles tyrwhitt and there shirts are in 34 or 35(not 34/35) which size should I order?

35. It's almost always easier to shorten a sleeve by half an inch or so (should this even prove necessary), than it is to lengthen a sleeve.
post #22522 of 28877

How does this fit? It's a zara blazer, so naturally the tail is short. 

 

post #22523 of 28877

@docka, jacket looks good in that picture.

post #22524 of 28877
Kind of a random question, but I was at H&M last year in Europe and they were selling SCs for six euros. Is that the standard price? Or did I miss out on a great flipping opportunity.
post #22525 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by docka View Post

How does this fit? It's a zara blazer, so naturally the tail is short.

Hard to say without your shirt tucked in. Shoulders look ok.
post #22526 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post


Hard to say without your shirt tucked in. Shoulders look ok.

What about this? 

 

post #22527 of 28877

I'd say it's a bit short for my style.

 

But really, it puts you above most other 'real life' people in terms of fit. Looks great.

post #22528 of 28877

While we're at it. This is the navy cotton jacket. Keep or return? You can't really see from this angle ,but the length is more traditional compared to the linen jacket. 

 

post #22529 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I'd say it's a bit short for my style.

 

But really, it puts you above most other 'real life' people in terms of fit. Looks great.

necessary to shorten the cuffs a bit to show some sleeves for a casual jacket? 

post #22530 of 28877
Quote:
Originally Posted by docka View Post

necessary to shorten the cuffs a bit to show some sleeves for a casual jacket? 

There's a floating opinion that casual means less cuff being shown. I show about 1cm of cuff with my jackets, which it looks like from your one sleeve, you're good there. I would leave it all alone. Looks great.

 

We can't see things like the back of the neck, collar gap, lapel bowing, etc. with that angle but I'm just saying from this view, it looks good to go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here