Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1498post #22456 of 275126/27/13 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22457 of 275126/27/13 at 12:52pmpost #22458 of 275126/27/13 at 12:55pmpost #22459 of 275126/27/13 at 12:56pmpost #22460 of 275126/27/13 at 1:01pmpost #22461 of 275126/27/13 at 1:02pm
Thx. Probably a much better idea
Lmao. Can't wait to post more pics in the future
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Looks like an orphaned jacket. I'd return it and get something elsewhere. A navy blazer is a great choice. I skipped the navy and got a blue houndstooth linen as my first jacket. I now have a navy blazer and will be ordering another one with possibly the exact same fabric shortly, just a different style.
Grey is not a versatile jacket color compared to brown or navy.
And what size is that?
Navy pants are frowned upon but it doesn't mean to never do it. Black pants are frowned upon and you should never do it. You can wear your many greys with a navy blazer.
It's a 38S. What makes you ask?
Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I've been trying to find a navy one for a while now, but its been eluding me...that probably contributed to impulsively buying this jacket :ppost #22462 of 275126/27/13 at 1:02pmQuote:
Maybe it's peer(coworkers) pressure but everyone wears white shirts or blue. As for the collars, I really am clueless when it comes to collars. FMLpost #22463 of 275126/27/13 at 1:04pmpost #22464 of 275126/27/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Yes, I'll start experimenting with different shirts.
I am like...in the center of the Capitol Hill in DC, so I don't know if I can wear fancy colored and patterned shirts.post #22465 of 275126/27/13 at 1:10pmpost #22466 of 275126/27/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Just wondering. What's your budget? Maybe we can find you a jacket somewhere.
I bought a jacket at the Rack for $600 one time. Returned it and got a different one online that fit much much much better, for cheaper. Now I have two. Soon three. All cheaper than the rack. And better.post #22467 of 275126/27/13 at 1:14pm
Boring but tasteful. Blue tie, blue suit, a blue shirt might actually be a bit much. But I'd still rather see one, with a burgundy or brown tie perhaps. And a more spread collar, maybe. However, SF pettiness aside, you look put together and professional. Be happy.Quote:
All of the comments so far make sense. Also, the shape is weird; it looks like it's been shortened; something is wrong with the proportions. Presumably why it's no longer living with its accompanying trousers. Find a suit. That fits. And don't worry too much about the label.Quote:
What was the question?post #22468 of 275126/27/13 at 1:23pmpost #22469 of 275126/27/13 at 1:24pmQuote:
I made the cut?! Did I? Oh I am so happy! Tears are dripping down my face as I read your feedback.
Okay, all jokes aside, yes I intentionally kept it "conservative." I will retry with a pale blue shirt. I am definitely getting a burgundy next time I go shopping.
EDIT: I misread and skipped the words, "a blue shirt might actually be a bit much."
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 56 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 2 minutes ago
- › TRAIN WRECK CHALLENGE - SC/TIE WITH JEANS! 2 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw