YES! I am a homer for labels! Okay, so the shirt cannot be worn with navy blue suit? I think I can make it work but I agree that it just has too much crap going on in the patterns. LML
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 8/24/14 at 1:40pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1490post #22336 of 285466/19/13 at 8:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22337 of 285466/19/13 at 9:52ampost #22338 of 285466/19/13 at 10:08ampost #22339 of 285466/19/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by arredondoae
Used Allen Edmonds seconds for $160. I really want to pull the trigger but I don't have a chance to try them on. I can always sell them, right?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seems less than stellar when you can get new seconds for $200 - $240, sometimes less.post #22340 of 285466/19/13 at 11:39ampost #22341 of 285466/19/13 at 3:06pmpost #22342 of 285466/19/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by deutschenieur
Hello, I was wondering about suit fabrics. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on SF, but haven't been quite able to find it. With regards to quality, durability, wrinkle resistance, and breathability, is Zegna worth it, over Lesser, Dugdale, etc? Where does VBC stand in this?
?post #22343 of 285466/19/13 at 4:28pmpost #22344 of 285466/19/13 at 4:29pm
I think it looks great and was just curious if it had a specific term. The item itself is unique and not for everyone.
Link to help clarify.
http://www.google.com/search?q=barena+venezia+novi&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XD7CUa3hCfO54AOi9oDIDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C5%3Bd%7CgIlYvyMYBT7_EM%3Apost #22345 of 285466/19/13 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm getting a plain white shirt from ModernTailor but I'm not sure which collar I should go with.
I have an average to long face and my neck is 15 cm. This white shirt will mainly be for job interviews (in Australia) but I'd also like to wear it unbuttoned occasionally if possible.
Should I go with a medium cutaway?
Cutaway of any sort is a tad extreme for a job interview. Go with something like a medium spread.
Actually, just looked at Modern Tailor. What they call "Cut Away" is what I would call a medium spread collar, which would be appropriate. The "Wide Spread" they have listed is pretty close to what a cutaway really is. It's wider than a spread, not narrower.
Also, for the amusement of the forum folk, this was the first result on google for "cutaway collar". Talk about overdoing it...
It is, however, a very nice example of a cutaway collar.post #22346 of 285466/19/13 at 8:55pmpost #22347 of 285466/20/13 at 5:34ampost #22348 of 285466/20/13 at 5:35ampost #22349 of 285466/20/13 at 5:57am
I agree with PB - yes. But I would suggest (as usual) changing the buttons for more contrasting colours e.g. brown, to make it even more casual and separate: although the fabric is casual, the style is typical suit, so I think this little touch would make all the difference.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 25 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 36 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 8 minutes ago
- › RAF SIMSONS SS2014 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)