YES! I am a homer for labels! Okay, so the shirt cannot be worn with navy blue suit? I think I can make it work but I agree that it just has too much crap going on in the patterns. LML
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 12:03 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1490post #22336 of 291186/19/13 at 8:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22337 of 291186/19/13 at 9:52ampost #22338 of 291186/19/13 at 10:08ampost #22339 of 291186/19/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by arredondoae
Used Allen Edmonds seconds for $160. I really want to pull the trigger but I don't have a chance to try them on. I can always sell them, right?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seems less than stellar when you can get new seconds for $200 - $240, sometimes less.post #22340 of 291186/19/13 at 11:39ampost #22341 of 291186/19/13 at 3:06pmpost #22342 of 291186/19/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by deutschenieur
Hello, I was wondering about suit fabrics. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on SF, but haven't been quite able to find it. With regards to quality, durability, wrinkle resistance, and breathability, is Zegna worth it, over Lesser, Dugdale, etc? Where does VBC stand in this?
?post #22343 of 291186/19/13 at 4:28pmpost #22344 of 291186/19/13 at 4:29pm
I think it looks great and was just curious if it had a specific term. The item itself is unique and not for everyone.
Link to help clarify.
http://www.google.com/search?q=barena+venezia+novi&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XD7CUa3hCfO54AOi9oDIDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C5%3Bd%7CgIlYvyMYBT7_EM%3Apost #22345 of 291186/19/13 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm getting a plain white shirt from ModernTailor but I'm not sure which collar I should go with.
I have an average to long face and my neck is 15 cm. This white shirt will mainly be for job interviews (in Australia) but I'd also like to wear it unbuttoned occasionally if possible.
Should I go with a medium cutaway?
Cutaway of any sort is a tad extreme for a job interview. Go with something like a medium spread.
Actually, just looked at Modern Tailor. What they call "Cut Away" is what I would call a medium spread collar, which would be appropriate. The "Wide Spread" they have listed is pretty close to what a cutaway really is. It's wider than a spread, not narrower.
Also, for the amusement of the forum folk, this was the first result on google for "cutaway collar". Talk about overdoing it...
It is, however, a very nice example of a cutaway collar.post #22346 of 291186/19/13 at 8:55pmpost #22347 of 291186/20/13 at 5:34ampost #22348 of 291186/20/13 at 5:35ampost #22349 of 291186/20/13 at 5:57am
I agree with PB - yes. But I would suggest (as usual) changing the buttons for more contrasting colours e.g. brown, to make it even more casual and separate: although the fabric is casual, the style is typical suit, so I think this little touch would make all the difference.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)