YES! I am a homer for labels! Okay, so the shirt cannot be worn with navy blue suit? I think I can make it work but I agree that it just has too much crap going on in the patterns. LML
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1490post #22336 of 268796/19/13 at 8:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22337 of 268796/19/13 at 9:52ampost #22338 of 268796/19/13 at 10:08ampost #22339 of 268796/19/13 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by arredondoae
Used Allen Edmonds seconds for $160. I really want to pull the trigger but I don't have a chance to try them on. I can always sell them, right?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seems less than stellar when you can get new seconds for $200 - $240, sometimes less.post #22340 of 268796/19/13 at 11:39ampost #22341 of 268796/19/13 at 3:06pmpost #22342 of 268796/19/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by deutschenieur
Hello, I was wondering about suit fabrics. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on SF, but haven't been quite able to find it. With regards to quality, durability, wrinkle resistance, and breathability, is Zegna worth it, over Lesser, Dugdale, etc? Where does VBC stand in this?
?post #22343 of 268796/19/13 at 4:28pmpost #22344 of 268796/19/13 at 4:29pm
I think it looks great and was just curious if it had a specific term. The item itself is unique and not for everyone.
Link to help clarify.
http://www.google.com/search?q=barena+venezia+novi&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XD7CUa3hCfO54AOi9oDIDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C5%3Bd%7CgIlYvyMYBT7_EM%3Apost #22345 of 268796/19/13 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm getting a plain white shirt from ModernTailor but I'm not sure which collar I should go with.
I have an average to long face and my neck is 15 cm. This white shirt will mainly be for job interviews (in Australia) but I'd also like to wear it unbuttoned occasionally if possible.
Should I go with a medium cutaway?
Cutaway of any sort is a tad extreme for a job interview. Go with something like a medium spread.
Actually, just looked at Modern Tailor. What they call "Cut Away" is what I would call a medium spread collar, which would be appropriate. The "Wide Spread" they have listed is pretty close to what a cutaway really is. It's wider than a spread, not narrower.
Also, for the amusement of the forum folk, this was the first result on google for "cutaway collar". Talk about overdoing it...
It is, however, a very nice example of a cutaway collar.post #22346 of 268796/19/13 at 8:55pmpost #22347 of 268796/20/13 at 5:34ampost #22348 of 268796/20/13 at 5:35ampost #22349 of 268796/20/13 at 5:57am
I agree with PB - yes. But I would suggest (as usual) changing the buttons for more contrasting colours e.g. brown, to make it even more casual and separate: although the fabric is casual, the style is typical suit, so I think this little touch would make all the difference.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 54 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning - Triple Blue Fisherman Sweater - L 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 13 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw