I understand. Indian made Loakes start at about $150, and I have one pair myself that I like very much. Pediwear has a good selection, and often throw in extras like free trees or a tie. Herring have some too, and also some of their own lines that are made by Loake's Indian factory for the same price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasionLast edited: 1/2/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1479
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22172 of 268556/12/13 at 7:34am
Just took two sport coats to the tailor to get some waist supression. The tailor marked chalk on the "rear/side" seams, that run along the sides of the back that run up from the double vents. \
Is that right? Or should I call them and tel them to change it? I thought waist supression was supposed to be taken in on the sides, not the rear/side area.. (Middle picture, that seam).post #22173 of 268556/12/13 at 8:18ampost #22174 of 268556/12/13 at 8:25ampost #22175 of 268556/12/13 at 8:25am
I don't remember, asked the KW crew (since it's a KW sport coat). I also posted some pics in the tailor fit/feedback.. here they are for this thread too. You probably still need to know how many seams.
This is my jacket. Asked for .5" but he marked more like 1.25"
This is another dudes jacket, just marked it to show the seams he marked.post #22176 of 268556/12/13 at 9:10am
Right, and doesn't the only other seam go right through your pocket? Seems to me he's marked the right one for a small adjustment.
Doesn't look like it needs to be any smaller to me, but I'll defer to the tailors. I'd also suggest you always "model" with a shirt, tie and proper trousers, to get a better idea how it's fitting. Unless you normally wear it with your car-repair attire. ;)post #22177 of 268556/12/13 at 9:12am
You're probably right. I just wasn't sure if they would adjust the pocket one or not.
I feel like calling them and telling them to just do .5" total or something. They said "We can't do much" then the old foreign fellow marked quite a bit more. He didn't even put pins in, just pinched and marked. I would have asked for pins but we got in an argument about keeping the pick stitching or not. He said, "Really? It's a pain in the ass, dude.." and we were discussing it for a while that I just took the jacket off without thinking to ask them to put the pins in.
edit:Just called and asked them to change it to .25" on each seam, they complied. Cool cool.post #22178 of 268556/12/13 at 9:14ampost #22179 of 268556/12/13 at 9:28ampost #22180 of 268556/12/13 at 9:46ampost #22181 of 268556/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:
if its a real pesticide then clean it?
if its just a strong smell let it air out for a week or 2?post #22182 of 268556/12/13 at 10:01amQuote:
It's just that strong odor that you would smell if you were to visit a garment factory. I don't know if it's "real pesticide", but i'll been airing it out for 2-weeks without no avail.post #22183 of 268556/12/13 at 10:15amQuote:Excessive dry cleaning can be detrimental to a garment. It's good that people have begun to understand this.
But when this understanding gives rise to an unreasonable and exaggerated fear of subjecting clothing to any dry cleaning, it stops being a good thing. Infrequent dry cleaning, particularly when done properly, by a quality cleaner, is not some horrible thing which must be avoided at all costs. To adopt such an attitude is as bad, in its own way, as being blind to the consequences of unnecessary dry cleaning.
You have a garment which is in need of cleaning. It is dry clean only. So have it dry cleaned.
(Excessive consumption of cake is detrimental to my health. This does not mean that if I attend one or two birthday parties a year, and have a few bites of birthday cake, that I am doomed to suffer obesity and diabetes. Not all behaviors which are ill advised when done to excess are necessarily cause for much concern when engaged in in great moderation.)post #22184 of 268556/12/13 at 10:58am
So, I just received my sports coat from Suit Supply, which also is my first sport coat ever. I'm just 18, so I have a long way to go.
I know that I need to shorten my sleeves, but not how much. I am also not sure about the length, is the jacket too long? Is there anything else I need to fix, or should I return the jacket because it's too big?
(I copied this from the tailor fit & feedback thread, because I'm in a hurry)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Michael Bastian or Gant by Michael Bastian Rugby 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 14 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 29 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw