The word is "haberdashery". Go to a large department store. Follow the signs/strange scent of lavender and urine until you get there. When you do you'll find a Mary Poppins wishlist of ribbons and wool and thread and things...and...buttons. At which point you will realise you're surrounded by curious women of a certain age, eyeing you suspiciously and wondering if you're lost or a potential murderer or both. Identify one with a corporate badge on her cardigan (preferably matching the brand of the store you're in), and beg for help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1477
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22142 of 275756/9/13 at 9:28amQuote:
Try looking here for ideas:
or here:post #22143 of 275756/9/13 at 9:33ampost #22144 of 275756/9/13 at 9:38ampost #22145 of 275756/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22146 of 275756/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22147 of 275756/9/13 at 9:54ampost #22148 of 275756/9/13 at 10:03ampost #22149 of 275756/9/13 at 10:12am
Go ahead and give the real Mimo answer- something about how it should be lit aflame because that would simultaneously remove the wrinkles and keep me from having to look at it ever again.
Take a normal white t-shirt and lay it over the tie- lightly run a medium hot iron over it in quick strokes so you don't scorch the fabric. If that doesn't work surge with a little steam and repeat. Take your time and don't let it get too hot or you'll ruin it.
Edited by AmericanGent - 6/9/13 at 11:51ampost #22150 of 275756/9/13 at 10:53ampost #22151 of 275756/9/13 at 11:30ampost #22152 of 275756/9/13 at 12:50pm
I posted this in the Streetwear and Denim section, thought I would post here as well in case someone can help. Thanks for reading!
I have a cream colored Diesel leather moto jacket that I tried to condition myself recently, with less than stellar results. The leather darkened considerably and the finish, which used to be 100% even across the jacket, is no longer consistent. The jacket looks ok, in a weathered kind of way, but I much preferred the look of the cream color, which was unique.
I am looking around for a good, recommended leather cleaning service that may be able to to clean/recondition this leather jacket. I understand it may not be possible to get it 100% back to where it was, but I'm hopeful that a professional service who has dealt with this kind of thing before can get close. Also, since it was natural/cream color, bleaching it shouldn't be a problem.
Any recommendations out there? Online/mail order is fine, but if there happens to be one in Northern VA, that would be great.
I found these through google, it would also be great to know if anyone here can recommend any of these guys due to positive past experience.
Any other recommendations or endorsements are welcome.
Paulpost #22153 of 275756/9/13 at 1:46pm
I just bought a sportscoat from Suit Supply, but I am not sure if it is going to fit or not.
However I am going to need a blazer for next week, and unfortunately I don't have many blazers in my wardrobe.
Is it bad to use a suit jacket as a blazer? I am going to use this grey suit jacket as a plan B, what's your thoughts about it?post #22154 of 275756/9/13 at 5:35pm
It's when someone asks about wearing the top half of, say, his charcoal pinstripe suit as a jacket, that I'm likely to be hard pressed to keep from typing my response with the Caps Lock key engaged.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What are you reading? 32 seconds ago
- › -85% OFF $5,000 NWOT LORO PIANA Bomber Leather Jacket (M) Size 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw