The word is "haberdashery". Go to a large department store. Follow the signs/strange scent of lavender and urine until you get there. When you do you'll find a Mary Poppins wishlist of ribbons and wool and thread and things...and...buttons. At which point you will realise you're surrounded by curious women of a certain age, eyeing you suspiciously and wondering if you're lost or a potential murderer or both. Identify one with a corporate badge on her cardigan (preferably matching the brand of the store you're in), and beg for help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1477
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22142 of 293526/9/13 at 9:28amQuote:
Try looking here for ideas:
or here:post #22143 of 293526/9/13 at 9:33ampost #22144 of 293526/9/13 at 9:38ampost #22145 of 293526/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22146 of 293526/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22147 of 293526/9/13 at 9:54ampost #22148 of 293526/9/13 at 10:03ampost #22149 of 293526/9/13 at 10:12am
Go ahead and give the real Mimo answer- something about how it should be lit aflame because that would simultaneously remove the wrinkles and keep me from having to look at it ever again.
Take a normal white t-shirt and lay it over the tie- lightly run a medium hot iron over it in quick strokes so you don't scorch the fabric. If that doesn't work surge with a little steam and repeat. Take your time and don't let it get too hot or you'll ruin it.
Edited by AmericanGent - 6/9/13 at 11:51ampost #22150 of 293526/9/13 at 10:53ampost #22151 of 293526/9/13 at 11:30ampost #22152 of 293526/9/13 at 12:50pm
I posted this in the Streetwear and Denim section, thought I would post here as well in case someone can help. Thanks for reading!
I have a cream colored Diesel leather moto jacket that I tried to condition myself recently, with less than stellar results. The leather darkened considerably and the finish, which used to be 100% even across the jacket, is no longer consistent. The jacket looks ok, in a weathered kind of way, but I much preferred the look of the cream color, which was unique.
I am looking around for a good, recommended leather cleaning service that may be able to to clean/recondition this leather jacket. I understand it may not be possible to get it 100% back to where it was, but I'm hopeful that a professional service who has dealt with this kind of thing before can get close. Also, since it was natural/cream color, bleaching it shouldn't be a problem.
Any recommendations out there? Online/mail order is fine, but if there happens to be one in Northern VA, that would be great.
I found these through google, it would also be great to know if anyone here can recommend any of these guys due to positive past experience.
Any other recommendations or endorsements are welcome.
Paulpost #22153 of 293526/9/13 at 1:46pm
I just bought a sportscoat from Suit Supply, but I am not sure if it is going to fit or not.
However I am going to need a blazer for next week, and unfortunately I don't have many blazers in my wardrobe.
Is it bad to use a suit jacket as a blazer? I am going to use this grey suit jacket as a plan B, what's your thoughts about it?post #22154 of 293526/9/13 at 5:35pm
It's when someone asks about wearing the top half of, say, his charcoal pinstripe suit as a jacket, that I'm likely to be hard pressed to keep from typing my response with the Caps Lock key engaged.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 56 seconds ago
- › Establishing the market price for a vintage bespoke suit 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...