The word is "haberdashery". Go to a large department store. Follow the signs/strange scent of lavender and urine until you get there. When you do you'll find a Mary Poppins wishlist of ribbons and wool and thread and things...and...buttons. At which point you will realise you're surrounded by curious women of a certain age, eyeing you suspiciously and wondering if you're lost or a potential murderer or both. Identify one with a corporate badge on her cardigan (preferably matching the brand of the store you're in), and beg for help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:58pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1477
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22142 of 282456/9/13 at 9:28amQuote:
Try looking here for ideas:
or here:post #22143 of 282456/9/13 at 9:33ampost #22144 of 282456/9/13 at 9:38ampost #22145 of 282456/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22146 of 282456/9/13 at 9:48ampost #22147 of 282456/9/13 at 9:54ampost #22148 of 282456/9/13 at 10:03ampost #22149 of 282456/9/13 at 10:12am
Go ahead and give the real Mimo answer- something about how it should be lit aflame because that would simultaneously remove the wrinkles and keep me from having to look at it ever again.
Take a normal white t-shirt and lay it over the tie- lightly run a medium hot iron over it in quick strokes so you don't scorch the fabric. If that doesn't work surge with a little steam and repeat. Take your time and don't let it get too hot or you'll ruin it.
Edited by AmericanGent - 6/9/13 at 11:51ampost #22150 of 282456/9/13 at 10:53ampost #22151 of 282456/9/13 at 11:30ampost #22152 of 282456/9/13 at 12:50pm
I posted this in the Streetwear and Denim section, thought I would post here as well in case someone can help. Thanks for reading!
I have a cream colored Diesel leather moto jacket that I tried to condition myself recently, with less than stellar results. The leather darkened considerably and the finish, which used to be 100% even across the jacket, is no longer consistent. The jacket looks ok, in a weathered kind of way, but I much preferred the look of the cream color, which was unique.
I am looking around for a good, recommended leather cleaning service that may be able to to clean/recondition this leather jacket. I understand it may not be possible to get it 100% back to where it was, but I'm hopeful that a professional service who has dealt with this kind of thing before can get close. Also, since it was natural/cream color, bleaching it shouldn't be a problem.
Any recommendations out there? Online/mail order is fine, but if there happens to be one in Northern VA, that would be great.
I found these through google, it would also be great to know if anyone here can recommend any of these guys due to positive past experience.
Any other recommendations or endorsements are welcome.
Paulpost #22153 of 282456/9/13 at 1:46pm
I just bought a sportscoat from Suit Supply, but I am not sure if it is going to fit or not.
However I am going to need a blazer for next week, and unfortunately I don't have many blazers in my wardrobe.
Is it bad to use a suit jacket as a blazer? I am going to use this grey suit jacket as a plan B, what's your thoughts about it?post #22154 of 282456/9/13 at 5:35pm
It's when someone asks about wearing the top half of, say, his charcoal pinstripe suit as a jacket, that I'm likely to be hard pressed to keep from typing my response with the Caps Lock key engaged.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 seconds ago
- › FS: New Full bespoke navy nailhead 3r2 jacket UK38S 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 54 seconds ago
- › FS: (NEW DEAL) cheap tweed coat by Rocha John Rocha size small... 1 minute ago
- › Personal Wardrobe Sales: Savile Row Bespoke, HK local made and... 2 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › French Cuffs 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Kiton Cipa DB suit blue birdseye - IT50 - brand new 5 minutes ago
- › TOJ Grey Suede Baseball Jacket 48 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)