It is a pity that the quality is decent. Because they are fucking horrible and must be burned. I feel your pain.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1432
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21467 of 251285/2/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by JJ Gittes
Can anyone tell me if these boot are somewhat wearable or too hideous/square-toed? I know duckbills are despised on SF.
They are hand-me-down Johnston & Murphy chelsea boots from the late 80s to early 90s. They are made in Italy; the calf skin seems good quality when compared to Allen Edmonds and Ferragamo.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1998 called and asked if they could have those back.
I'm sorry man, it's too bad that these are so offensive. I'd have to vote no-go on these.
Aaah, jesus... I just looked at the picture again.post #21468 of 251285/2/13 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmericanGent
The conditions you describe in your later post (day wedding, California) would open the door to that first blazer. I would pair it with a pair of cream/ecru pants and some bitchin' summer shoes. If wearing a tie the world is yours with this pairing- but I'd keep it simple so that you don't clash with your date and the lovely purple dress....
I always tread with a great deal of caution when matching blazers. Steer clear of trying to mess with a black blazer.
thx everyone that replied. . The consensus I'm getting is light colored pants(mid gray, creme, beige). and maybe purple shoe laces ;-)post #21469 of 251285/2/13 at 5:21pmpost #21470 of 251285/2/13 at 11:49pmpost #21471 of 251285/3/13 at 9:01ampost #21472 of 251285/3/13 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Need brown shoes, these florsheim kenmoors are brand new and dirt cheap. They look suspiciously like corrected grain, but people swear up and down that the kenmoor (their new "imperial" top of the line) is full on calf. Thoughts? Should I go for the veblen instead?
I own both that Kenmoor model (stamped pebble grain) and the Veblen in grey waxed leather ... they make for great casual shoes if purchased for less than half of MSRP.
I find the Kenmoor is built with just a little more care than the Veblen.post #21473 of 251285/3/13 at 9:21am
I recently bought a pair of Edward Green Chelseas in Black Calf. I looked inside at the shoe sock/insole and noticed that the insole was made of a wooden material with a thin leather pad glued onto the heel area over the insole. I was wondering what you guys thought of the 'wooden' aspect of the insole? This is the first time i saw an insole made of wood/wood laminate. Thanks guys!
Davepost #21474 of 251285/3/13 at 10:51ampost #21475 of 251285/3/13 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by DeanLaxer
Just got my "Napoli Navy Plain"-suit from Suitsupply, EU size 46. Does it fit?
(thumbnails of more pics to the right)
I guess the sleeves on the jacket are too short, or maybe my shirt extends too far down. Or both, I don't know. Could anyone make a judgement?
Looks short to me.post #21476 of 251285/3/13 at 6:27pmpost #21477 of 251285/3/13 at 8:37pmQuote:
I have sold many pairs of C&J (for Peal & Co) shoes and several pairs of AE (for Brooks Brothers). I am usually not too excited about the AE's but recently had a pair of dark brown Strands. Damn, those were nice. Now I want a pair. The C&J shoe may be a little bit nicer, but you will be paying quite a lot for that little bit.post #21478 of 251285/3/13 at 8:47pm
I currently have a grey 3 piece suit from Ted Baker. I'm 19 years old, and i'm looking to get my next suit. I cannot afford a bespoke savile Row, so it'll likely have to be off the peg. What is the best brand to look for? I'm likely looking at a blue 3 piece, and then i'll get myself a pair of Church's Broguespost #21479 of 251285/3/13 at 9:13pmpost #21480 of 251285/4/13 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ArcticPanda
I currently have a grey 3 piece suit from Ted Baker. I'm 19 years old, and i'm looking to get my next suit. I cannot afford a bespoke savile Row, so it'll likely have to be off the peg. What is the best brand to look for? I'm likely looking at a blue 3 piece, and then i'll get myself a pair of Church's Brogues
Fear not, there are a multitude of options at various price points between Ted Baker and Savile Row. It is a subject that has come up here once or twice before - try the search function and read through some existing threads on the matter. Likewise shoes (it is generally agreed that there are better options than Church's).Quote:
They know no better.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 34 seconds ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 35 seconds ago
- › raleigh denim 56 seconds ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE 12.14.13 --- Blue and Green 59 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › PRICE CUT: As new Luxire light grey trousers in Dugdale 8/9oz cloth... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw