I'm not sure, but it would seem like a wider shoe would fix that, unless the issue is your arch height. I'm not really qualified to field this with any authority. Maybe we can take the question over to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 1:38 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1388post #20806 of 288833/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20807 of 288833/18/13 at 1:57pmpost #20808 of 288833/18/13 at 2:20pmpost #20809 of 288833/18/13 at 2:36pmpost #20810 of 288833/18/13 at 5:28pm
I have a question about a brand called "Buttonhole." Specifically: Does anyone have any info about it. As you might imagine, Googling is a nightmare.
I bought a Harris Tweed sportcoat at a Goodwill today with this brand. The jacket is nice enough - it has working buttonholes. I suspect it's not a super-great jacket or anything, but the tweed is pretty and it fits me nicely. Mostly I'm just curious. Attached is a photo of the logo. Thanks for any help you can give!post #20811 of 288833/18/13 at 7:46pmpost #20812 of 288833/18/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
The short answer to this question is that it doesn't work like that. The long answer is that button arrangement doesn't really affect formality (or where it falls on the magic Vox sliders), though there are garments that traditionally have certain types of buttoning associated with them (three buttons for a 100% traditional English hunting jacket, one button for a tux).post #20813 of 288833/18/13 at 10:54pmpost #20814 of 288833/19/13 at 4:35ampost #20815 of 288833/19/13 at 4:41ampost #20816 of 288833/19/13 at 5:01amQuote:
Navy is fine, and lighter blue than navy is also fine, but you want to make sure the fabric has some texture to it. Glen plaid is not typically recommended for odd jackets. Make sure you choose something from a jacketing fabric book and not a suiting book.post #20817 of 288833/19/13 at 9:22am
I got a bit excited after my first delivery of Saphir wax, and realized that I applied it too quickly/frequently to one pair of my boots. There's slight cracking of the wax on the heel counter and the toe. Would Saphir Reno be able to "reset" this and allow me to start over with my application of the wax?
Also, to avoid this in the future, how long should I spend polishing each coat of wax, and how long should I wait for each coat to dry? I'm certain that those were my two mistakes, as I actually applied very little wax per coat.post #20818 of 288833/19/13 at 9:39ampost #20819 of 288833/19/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I wouldn't try ironing a tie. I find the creases left by knots fall out soon enough (all my ties are stored hanging on racks except knits, which I roll). Send the stained tie to a good dry cleaner.post #20820 of 288833/19/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
Kill 2 birds- take it to the cleaners. If it's 2 separate ties, if you must iron a tie you can either hang it and steam it with your iron to accelerate the natural process of wrinkle releasing while a garment is hanging, or for a really bad wrinkle you might use an ironing cloth and steam it a touch through the cloth. Don't use any pressure and contact the iron cloth as little as possible, just light bumps through the cloth and a little touch of steam. For a stained tie- cleaners. If you don't have a good cleaner and this is your favorite tie, look into http://tiecrafters.com/. Never used myself, but it might be an option.
I don't know if this is the best way- but I've done it and never had any problems.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 26 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Topcoat <$1,000? 5 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...