I'm not sure, but it would seem like a wider shoe would fix that, unless the issue is your arch height. I'm not really qualified to field this with any authority. Maybe we can take the question over to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:58pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1388post #20806 of 282463/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20807 of 282463/18/13 at 1:57pmpost #20808 of 282463/18/13 at 2:20pmpost #20809 of 282463/18/13 at 2:36pmpost #20810 of 282463/18/13 at 5:28pm
I have a question about a brand called "Buttonhole." Specifically: Does anyone have any info about it. As you might imagine, Googling is a nightmare.
I bought a Harris Tweed sportcoat at a Goodwill today with this brand. The jacket is nice enough - it has working buttonholes. I suspect it's not a super-great jacket or anything, but the tweed is pretty and it fits me nicely. Mostly I'm just curious. Attached is a photo of the logo. Thanks for any help you can give!post #20811 of 282463/18/13 at 7:46pmpost #20812 of 282463/18/13 at 7:53pmQuote:
The short answer to this question is that it doesn't work like that. The long answer is that button arrangement doesn't really affect formality (or where it falls on the magic Vox sliders), though there are garments that traditionally have certain types of buttoning associated with them (three buttons for a 100% traditional English hunting jacket, one button for a tux).post #20813 of 282463/18/13 at 10:54pmpost #20814 of 282463/19/13 at 4:35ampost #20815 of 282463/19/13 at 4:41ampost #20816 of 282463/19/13 at 5:01amQuote:
Navy is fine, and lighter blue than navy is also fine, but you want to make sure the fabric has some texture to it. Glen plaid is not typically recommended for odd jackets. Make sure you choose something from a jacketing fabric book and not a suiting book.post #20817 of 282463/19/13 at 9:22am
I got a bit excited after my first delivery of Saphir wax, and realized that I applied it too quickly/frequently to one pair of my boots. There's slight cracking of the wax on the heel counter and the toe. Would Saphir Reno be able to "reset" this and allow me to start over with my application of the wax?
Also, to avoid this in the future, how long should I spend polishing each coat of wax, and how long should I wait for each coat to dry? I'm certain that those were my two mistakes, as I actually applied very little wax per coat.post #20818 of 282463/19/13 at 9:39ampost #20819 of 282463/19/13 at 11:03amQuote:
I wouldn't try ironing a tie. I find the creases left by knots fall out soon enough (all my ties are stored hanging on racks except knits, which I roll). Send the stained tie to a good dry cleaner.post #20820 of 282463/19/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
Kill 2 birds- take it to the cleaners. If it's 2 separate ties, if you must iron a tie you can either hang it and steam it with your iron to accelerate the natural process of wrinkle releasing while a garment is hanging, or for a really bad wrinkle you might use an ironing cloth and steam it a touch through the cloth. Don't use any pressure and contact the iron cloth as little as possible, just light bumps through the cloth and a little touch of steam. For a stained tie- cleaners. If you don't have a good cleaner and this is your favorite tie, look into http://tiecrafters.com/. Never used myself, but it might be an option.
I don't know if this is the best way- but I've done it and never had any problems.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 seconds ago
- › Dress shirt and shoes with denim? 29 seconds ago
- › Help me blow all my money in London!! 1 minute ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)