Thanks anyway. Guess i'll get a plain formal tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1385
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20762 of 275303/15/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by eqcitizen
Dude, dont try to do anything with it at home. Your chances of further screwing it up are much greater than success. My suggestion (if you have some time and a little money) is to send it out to Rave fabricare in Arizona (http://www.ravefabricare.com/true-quality-cleaning/2012/3/16/rescuing-a-dairy-product-saturated-suit-used-in-a-commercial.aspx).
It isnt cheap but after a garment has already been dry cleaned and the stain wasnt taken out, it could have set in the stain. That is why i would send it to the best cleaner in the country. Oh and try to get your money back from the previous cleaner if you can.
Thanks for the response but I already tried to remove it at home. And guess what, the stain miraculously disappeared!
It must have been a sweat spot or something because a heavy pollution wouldn´t come off so easily. I used body temperature water and a soft sponge. I had to go through the stains approximately 3-4 times, gently rubbing the afflicted areas, and now the blazer is dry and clean.
I guess this is just pure luck, nothing else. But from this lesson I learned that I will try to remove less serious stains at home first before taking my clothes to the cleaners. Of course unless I come across with an obvious "unremovable" stain...
Since I´m from Europe it would cost me way too much, and even though it is a very well fitting Bianchi blazer I wouldn´t send it to the States just to get it fixed.
So no option for refund any more but problem solved! And apparently this is a way much better ending :)post #20763 of 275303/15/13 at 11:51ampost #20764 of 275303/15/13 at 11:54amQuote:
Yes, possibly you´re right, but this is the biggest company here in the country, I wouldn´t have thought that they will return my blazer in such condition...post #20765 of 275303/15/13 at 4:07pmpost #20766 of 275303/16/13 at 3:23am
If your shirt was colored, you could go with a pastel colored tie to take some of the attention away from the jacket / shirt. But because your jacket is a 'power' color and your shirt is white, I would go with a navy blue or a burgundy solid tie or with a subtle stripe so as to complement the 'power' nature of the jacket.post #20767 of 275303/16/13 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by eqcitizen
You arent going to get much love on this forum asking for advice on a black suit. Most would say "burn it and the vest too". As many here will tell you a black suit should be relegated to funerals and not much else. With that disclaimer let us continue on to the question. As a generaliztion one should not mix suits, especially when the colors are extremely close. I can think of a few exceptions but this one doesnt make the list. I am sorry but it just doesnt work. Use the vest under a sport coat that is a different color or, if you want to look like a hipster, wear it with no jacket.
Thanks for the advice. What type of sport coats do you think would work with a black vest under it? Maybe a tan or grey? And what if I wore a matching light grey pants and jacket, with the black vest? Would that work?post #20768 of 275303/16/13 at 8:52ampost #20769 of 275303/16/13 at 10:08ampost #20770 of 275303/16/13 at 1:26pm
Hello, don't know if this is the right place for this newbie question, if not - my apologies.
I'm trying to know what type of fabric this suit is made of? and color would be described as mid-grey i guess?
I really like both the fabric and the color and would like to know what it is and where I could find something similar. Thanks in advance a lot for your help!post #20771 of 275303/16/13 at 6:13pmQuote:Curiosity compels me to ask, which country is this, where a dry cleaner is the nation's largest employer?
I'm not looking to make fun of your country, mind you. It just seems like such a bizarre situation...
Of course, I suppose it could be a situation like what we'd have in the US, were Walmart (the largest non-government employer in the US) to start offering dry cleaning. (I *think* the largest US employer is technically the Department of Defense. Anyone know if they run a dry cleaning service? No, I'm not joking. I could imagine some DoD dry cleaning business which would be found at isolated military bases, at the Pentagon, etc.)
Anyway, there's often no real correlation between a company's size, and the quality of the job it does.post #20772 of 275303/16/13 at 6:23pm
I tried my hand at thrift shopping this weekend. To prepare, I took with me a list of suit brands that are apparently worthwhile. Today, I found this Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall. I thought this might be a good place to find out if this is actually a decent find or if I wasted my money. Thanks in advance for any insight.
post #20773 of 275303/17/13 at 2:13amHi All,
- Despite the pictures, the suit is actually a dark blue.
- There don't seem to be any indications of size.
Can i get your critique on this navy blazer i purchased when in japan last year - i havent been able to wear due to warm weather. i know its not your "traditional" sports blazer, but i love the soft shoulders and slim look of it.
I dont normally wear blazers and just want to get a quick sanity check from you experienced SFers.
thanks !post #20774 of 275303/17/13 at 2:17ampost #20775 of 275303/17/13 at 2:18am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 28 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 49 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Slob thinking of jumping to bespoke 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw