or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1360

post #20386 of 28878

I will be leaving soon to travel for a long period of time (many months) and need a light jacket to keep me warm when going out at night.

Is leather already out of the picture (too heavy?) Should I go nylon? What kind of brands can you recommend

Thanks in advance

 

EDIT: perhaps just a raincoat will be enough? 

post #20387 of 28878

Does anyone know who makes this jacket?

 

post #20388 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushburner View Post

If I am going to a career fair wearing dark grey dress pants (not as silky as suit trousers), can I wear an oxford fabric shirt with it? Or should I stick with poplin?

post #20389 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushburner View Post
If I am going to a career fair wearing dark grey dress pants (not as silky as suit trousers), can I wear an oxford fabric shirt with it? Or should I stick with poplin?

If you aren't wearing a jacket, I'd go with the oxford. Oxford cloth will match the casualness of wearing slacks without a jacket. Otherwise, you risk (not that anybody would notice) looking like you've misplaced your coat and tie.

post #20390 of 28878
eqcitizen and Harvey -

Thanks for the advice! I will check it out. I was a bit embarrassed to be asking since I am usually the one giving advice, but I've never had any metal issue before. And foo says that there is no reciprocity and advice from senior members.
post #20391 of 28878
Yoox image.

3 questions:

1. (F)ugly?
2. What is the style?
3. Appropriate as smart casual office?

post #20392 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


What brand and model are the suit? You may be able to check online to see if it has been altered.


Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190788438813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 

It was on sale for 101 but I'd only offer him 90 because I'd have to ask my tailor to bring it in extra because of the larger jacket waist.

post #20393 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylexchangemtl View Post

Is leather already out of the picture (too heavy?) Should I go nylon? What kind of brands can you recommend

Depends on the leather. I have Brunello Cucinelli leather jacket made from very supple and light leather. AND, its reversible with nylon as the second outer. So I would look for 1) fine leather, 2) reversible jackets.
post #20394 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE7 View Post

Yoox image.

3 questions:

1. (F)ugly?
2. What is the style?
3. Appropriate as smart casual office? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

  1. Yes, fugly.
  2. The style is "abomination chic"
  3. Appropriate only for burning.

More seriously--there are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start. Let me try:

  1. Five buttons. Really?
  2. Peak lapels on a very casual fabric and pattern. It can't decide if it is formal or country.
  3. That ticket pocket is practically in the armpit of the jacket.
post #20395 of 28878
Are there any recommendations on wool trousers that are under 100 dollars?
post #20396 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

  1. Yes, fugly.
  2. The style is "abomination chic"
  3. Appropriate only for burning.

More seriously--there are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start. Let me try:
  1. Five buttons. Really?
  2. Peak lapels on a very casual fabric and pattern. It can't decide if it is formal or country.
  3. That ticket pocket is practically in the armpit of the jacket.

Thanks for your feed.

Its by Boglioli though, the brand much welcomed here for its 'deconstructed' sport coats. So I was thinking may be since it Bogli, it has a right to be worn.
post #20397 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE7 View Post

Thanks for your feed.

Its by Boglioli though, the brand much welcomed here for its 'deconstructed' sport coats. So I was thinking may be since it Bogli, it has a right to be worn.

Fair enough, but just because the manufacturer is reasonably well regarded doesn't mean everything they make is up to scratch. I'm sure Boglioli makes some good stuff, but this clearly isn't part of that, regardless of build quality.
post #20398 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post


Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190788438813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It was on sale for 101 but I'd only offer him 90 because I'd have to ask my tailor to bring it in extra because of the larger jacket waist.

That's about right for BB, they are often cut a little bigger. A good suit though. Enjoy in good health.
post #20399 of 28878
I'm looking for insight on where to purchase an off the rack suit for a short man that finds a 36S too large? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
post #20400 of 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


That's about right for BB, they are often cut a little bigger. A good suit though. Enjoy in good health.


Would you say that the 1818 line(other than madison) are cut relatively bigger too? I never got a change to try on a milano, but I did bring in the fitz at least 1.5"(brought it in 2.5", then cut some, though I'm uncertain to how much)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here