Well, you do what you can. It is very easy to avoid splatter on the tie (just throw it over your shoulder). If you want to drop your trousers at the urinal, go ahead. Plus, liquids tend to brush off worsted wool easily. Not so much on silk.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1352post #20266 of 287942/12/13 at 2:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20267 of 287942/12/13 at 6:04pmpost #20268 of 287942/12/13 at 7:05pm
I've currently got a 8.5 size shoe on left foot and 8 size shoe on the right foot (ordered two pair so I can wear them on carpet at home before deciding which to buy). I've been busy all day, so feet are at max-swell. the 8.5 (brand new AE Strand) feels a little loose, but the 8 (brand new AE Strand) feels almost like it's too tight. WHAT!?
I've noticed that I can slip pinky finger in back of 8.5, but nothing in 8. the ankle area bows when I bend my foot on the 8.5, but none at all on the 8. flaps up top nearly touch on 8.5, but not at all on 8.
edit: just took off shoes. top of right foot feels like it was really restrained, but left foot feels fine. all this said, I realize it's new leather that hasn't had a chance to stretch and break in.
Edited by CrAz3D - 2/12/13 at 7:22pmpost #20269 of 287942/12/13 at 7:19pmpost #20270 of 287942/12/13 at 7:29pmpost #20271 of 287942/12/13 at 7:37pm
Does anyone know whether Carmina shoes are made with a steel shank? I ask because they are allegedly much lighter in weight than other high-end shoes, e.g., Aldens. In a detailed description of the manufacturing process on its website, Carmina does not mention the use of a steel shank. The lack of one would be a deal-breaker for me.
Edited by Barrister - 2/12/13 at 7:50pmpost #20272 of 287942/12/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
I have three pairs of AEs, in my normal size, on three different lasts, and they're all too tight in the toe box. I have tried several stretching methods, but none has worked. I have heard others voice the same complaint about AE. On its website, AE states that its shoes will not stretch significantly. I can believe it.post #20273 of 287942/12/13 at 7:47pmQuote:The notion of shoes breaking in, while certainly not complete nonsense, does tend to be a much more modest and subtle thing than most people think.
In general, new shoes should fit properly right from the start. If they are too small for comfort at the start, it's likely that they'll never break in to the point where they become comfortable. Oh, if a shoe is slightly uncomfortable due to it rubbing against part of your foot a little, breaking in may remedy this. But if the shoe is simply too tight, breaking in is unlikely to fix the problem.
Some exceptions exist - particularly with regard to certain types of boots. But they're just that - exceptions to the rule.
As for how long it takes to break in a new pair of shoes, I'd imagine that this varies from shoe to shoe, and from person to person. But my guess would be that after a half dozen wears, you're probably a good 80% of the way toward all the breaking in you're going to get.
However, I would add that if the shoe is slightly too small, it's usually possible to have the shoe stretched a bit. Not a huge amount, but something on the close order of half a size is often within reason.post #20274 of 287942/12/13 at 8:36pmpost #20275 of 287942/12/13 at 9:50pm
Can anyone recommend me some new OCBD shirts. Been wearing mostly Jcrew. Any other brands out there that fit like that and are decently price?
Anything besides Uniqlo. I wear a M in Jcrew but in uniqlo i have to wear a L everything fits but its super long. no bueno.
Any other brands i should try? Thanks.post #20276 of 287942/13/13 at 4:46am
I travel quite frequently for work, carrying just a carry-on, and have become skilled at living off it up to 2 wks (only trick is doing laundry once in between!) My second post after the introductory one is quite practical for me - can you recommend some good quality travel gear that I can use to better pack shirts, underwear/socks, etc. etc.?post #20277 of 287942/13/13 at 4:51ampost #20278 of 287942/13/13 at 4:52ampost #20279 of 287942/13/13 at 6:35am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 seconds ago
- › (((FREETV)))Fulham vs Bolton live Streaming Online 48 seconds ago
- › (((FREETV)))Arsenal vs Galatasaray live Streaming Online 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Good tailor in Vancouver? 1 minute ago
- › (((FREETV)))Ludo Razgd vs Real Madrid live Streaming Online 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › (((FREETV)))FC Basel vs Liverpool live Streaming Online 1 minute ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 2 minutes ago
- › !!!~~!~)FC Basel vs Liverpool live Streaming Online 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...