You could just try sitting down.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1352post #20266 of 253742/12/13 at 12:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20267 of 253742/12/13 at 2:04pmQuote:
Well, you do what you can. It is very easy to avoid splatter on the tie (just throw it over your shoulder). If you want to drop your trousers at the urinal, go ahead. Plus, liquids tend to brush off worsted wool easily. Not so much on silk.post #20268 of 253742/12/13 at 6:04pmpost #20269 of 253742/12/13 at 7:05pm
I've currently got a 8.5 size shoe on left foot and 8 size shoe on the right foot (ordered two pair so I can wear them on carpet at home before deciding which to buy). I've been busy all day, so feet are at max-swell. the 8.5 (brand new AE Strand) feels a little loose, but the 8 (brand new AE Strand) feels almost like it's too tight. WHAT!?
I've noticed that I can slip pinky finger in back of 8.5, but nothing in 8. the ankle area bows when I bend my foot on the 8.5, but none at all on the 8. flaps up top nearly touch on 8.5, but not at all on 8.
edit: just took off shoes. top of right foot feels like it was really restrained, but left foot feels fine. all this said, I realize it's new leather that hasn't had a chance to stretch and break in.
Edited by CrAz3D - 2/12/13 at 7:22pmpost #20270 of 253742/12/13 at 7:19pmpost #20271 of 253742/12/13 at 7:29pmpost #20272 of 253742/12/13 at 7:37pm
Does anyone know whether Carmina shoes are made with a steel shank? I ask because they are allegedly much lighter in weight than other high-end shoes, e.g., Aldens. In a detailed description of the manufacturing process on its website, Carmina does not mention the use of a steel shank. The lack of one would be a deal-breaker for me.
Edited by Barrister - 2/12/13 at 7:50pmpost #20273 of 253742/12/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
I have three pairs of AEs, in my normal size, on three different lasts, and they're all too tight in the toe box. I have tried several stretching methods, but none has worked. I have heard others voice the same complaint about AE. On its website, AE states that its shoes will not stretch significantly. I can believe it.post #20274 of 253742/12/13 at 7:47pmQuote:The notion of shoes breaking in, while certainly not complete nonsense, does tend to be a much more modest and subtle thing than most people think.
In general, new shoes should fit properly right from the start. If they are too small for comfort at the start, it's likely that they'll never break in to the point where they become comfortable. Oh, if a shoe is slightly uncomfortable due to it rubbing against part of your foot a little, breaking in may remedy this. But if the shoe is simply too tight, breaking in is unlikely to fix the problem.
Some exceptions exist - particularly with regard to certain types of boots. But they're just that - exceptions to the rule.
As for how long it takes to break in a new pair of shoes, I'd imagine that this varies from shoe to shoe, and from person to person. But my guess would be that after a half dozen wears, you're probably a good 80% of the way toward all the breaking in you're going to get.
However, I would add that if the shoe is slightly too small, it's usually possible to have the shoe stretched a bit. Not a huge amount, but something on the close order of half a size is often within reason.post #20275 of 253742/12/13 at 8:36pmpost #20276 of 253742/12/13 at 9:50pm
Can anyone recommend me some new OCBD shirts. Been wearing mostly Jcrew. Any other brands out there that fit like that and are decently price?
Anything besides Uniqlo. I wear a M in Jcrew but in uniqlo i have to wear a L everything fits but its super long. no bueno.
Any other brands i should try? Thanks.post #20277 of 253742/13/13 at 4:46am
I travel quite frequently for work, carrying just a carry-on, and have become skilled at living off it up to 2 wks (only trick is doing laundry once in between!) My second post after the introductory one is quite practical for me - can you recommend some good quality travel gear that I can use to better pack shirts, underwear/socks, etc. etc.?post #20278 of 253742/13/13 at 4:51ampost #20279 of 253742/13/13 at 4:52am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Roden Gray | Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Canada Goose 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Anthill Art 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › Forum feels clogged 17 minutes ago
- › Sell dumps+pin( US,CA,UK,AU,FR,EU,JP...) ATM cash, Cvv Fullz Info... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw