You can get the original desert boot from Clark's. It's a solid and well constructed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1328post #19906 of 287051/22/13 at 1:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19907 of 287051/22/13 at 1:47pmpost #19908 of 287051/22/13 at 3:15pmpost #19909 of 287051/22/13 at 3:31pmpost #19910 of 287051/22/13 at 3:42pmpost #19911 of 287051/22/13 at 4:08pmpost #19912 of 287051/22/13 at 4:21pm
Quick Question: I just bought a Navy Baumler suit in Toronto for $700. This is the only suit I have in Canada. I realize it's fused but still, any comment on the label that I can find is always positive regarding fabric, construction, and durability (and as I'm a contractor this suit will not be getting worn very often at all). So the question is, is $700 for a Baumler a solid purchase, a terrible mistake, or, most likely, ... no big deal either way?post #19913 of 287051/22/13 at 4:39pmpost #19914 of 287051/22/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Look harder.
Seriously, how about the one pictured below, from Brooks Bros.? It's currently on sale for half price ($64, instead of $128), if you wear a large. (It's item number Item# MS00259.) Brooks has always carried a few GTH items - pants, jackets, and the occasional sweater.post #19915 of 287051/22/13 at 5:25pmpost #19916 of 287051/22/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by meursault42
well you have a few options since this isn't (or rather shouldn't be) formal. To begin, a white shirt with a blue suit always looks classic. Additionally, consider the opposite, more rakish black shirt. After that really the sky is the limit, a lighter blue for a color blocked look. Any complimentary tone, such as a brown (careful could look embarrassingly 70s). Corresponding tie combos in order of preference, white with red, then lighter shade of blue, then repp. Black none, pop open a button or two and go out like a badass. I could go on but the real answer is to not wear a tie unless you must. A blue shawl collar suit is a party piece and not really office appropriate and should be treated accordingly: casually.
Do not wear a black shirtpost #19917 of 287051/22/13 at 6:00pmpost #19918 of 287051/22/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Maybe not killing it, but possibly causing the slots to become irreversibly larger.post #19919 of 287051/22/13 at 6:10pmQuote:No. A credit card is roughly 30 thousandths of an inch thick (0.030"). That's comfortably under a millimeter, in metric speak. Around (I'm doing the math in my head here, which is truly dangerous...) 0.85 millimeters.
Wallets are not designed and built to such tight tolerances, nor constructed of such unforgiving materials, that making a slot accommodate an additional 850 microns of card thickness will ruin it. Particularly as most quality wallets are made largely of supple leather, which is inherently a bit... "stretchy" (probably not the precise material science term), and not as dimensionally stable as the platinum/iridium bar by which the meter used to be defined.post #19920 of 287051/22/13 at 6:49pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Burnley vs Sunderland Live streaming England 4 seconds ago
- › TV>>Wolves vs Bolton Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 9 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 seconds ago
- › Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live streaming Soccer 24 seconds ago
- › TV>>Newcastle vs Hull city Live stream Barclays Premier League 2014 33 seconds ago
- › TV>>Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live stream Barclays Premier League 2014 50 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 54 seconds ago
- › (((@!~FreeTv~!@!~>>>> Rotherham vs Charlton live 1 minute ago
- › TV>>Derby vs Cardiff city Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 1 minute ago
- › Watford V Bournemouth | Watch Watford V Bournemouth online Soccer 1 minute ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)