Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 10:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1306post #19576 of 291411/6/13 at 8:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19577 of 291411/6/13 at 8:23pmpost #19578 of 291411/6/13 at 8:49pmpost #19579 of 291411/6/13 at 8:57pm
I came across this attire recently and really like it. I have been searching for it with no luck so I came here to ask you. Does anybody know were i could find the jacket (or whole attire)?
(sorry, wasn't able to link the picture as the link was "unavailable")
*EDIT* ^post never worked thats why this one was posted
Edited by madmax - 1/7/13 at 4:10pmpost #19580 of 291411/6/13 at 9:03pmpost #19581 of 291411/6/13 at 9:15pmpost #19582 of 291411/7/13 at 7:28ampost #19583 of 291411/7/13 at 7:56amQuote:
I would stick with a standard/turndown collar. This will hide the black band of the bow tie as it wraps around your neck. Your shirt should still be of the formal variety however (either pleated or pique bib). See here for more information: http://www.blacktieguide.com/Classic/Classic_Shirts.htmpost #19584 of 291411/7/13 at 8:07am
What do you guys think of this sportscoat? I think the sleeves are a touch short, and the armholes are a bit low, but otherwise I am looking for some general advice. Also I just threw this over my sunday bumming clothes so please disregard t-shirt and jeans.. may (will?) be worn with slacks and a buttoned down shirt. Obviously this isn't a MTM coat, so I'm not expecting an absolutely perfect fit, but for a few bucks it didn't seem like a bad purchase.post #19585 of 291411/7/13 at 9:52ampost #19586 of 291411/7/13 at 9:56amQuote:
Reno may be able to get it out. Worst case scenario you can use reno-mat, although its a bit more abrasive.post #19587 of 291411/7/13 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
I would stick with a standard/turndown collar. This will hide the black band of the bow tie as it wraps around your neck. Your shirt should still be of the formal variety however (either pleated or pique bib). See here for more information: http://www.blacktieguide.com/Classic/Classic_Shirts.htm
Thanks for the reply. I always thought the tie band looked silly, especially the pre-tied versions that I wear.
Cheers,post #19588 of 291411/7/13 at 10:10amQuote:
I think this may be similar to what you have encountered. Back in the day (military) we used to burn in our polish and sometimes it would harden. I used a nylon stocking to knock down the ridges. Use a motion like the shoe shine guys use with the rag.
Cheers,post #19589 of 291411/7/13 at 11:24am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 43 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Rick Owens Leather Moto Jacket 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...