Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 2/18/12 at 1:23pm in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 2/4/12 at 12:04pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1295post #19412 of 2232212/30/12 at 2:00pmpost #19413 of 2232212/30/12 at 2:54pmpost #19414 of 2232212/30/12 at 3:23pmpost #19415 of 2232212/30/12 at 3:26pm
2942: I would say this is not normal. In purchasing inexpensive knit ties from Century 21 and from thetiebar.com, neither had the issue with stitching. It is likely to be returnable, though if it is not visible on the front and the knot ties reasonably, not sure it is worth the trouble. It would certainly bother me as well though.post #19416 of 2232212/30/12 at 6:07pmpost #19417 of 2232212/30/12 at 10:47pm
Hi! I'm an elementary school teacher, and I am usually wearing wool slacks with sweaters in the winter and khakis or chinos when it is warmer. I want to invest in better quality shoes for work. What would you suggest to be my first purchase and then my second? I'm visiting Austin and plan on going shopping tomorrow at the Nordstrom Rack Gateway.post #19418 of 2232212/31/12 at 6:14ampost #19419 of 2232212/31/12 at 6:55am
I need some recommendations on which stores to visit for buying my first suit.
I read up a lot on suits etc etc to the point im getting pissed off bc its hard to be knowledgable without experience of wearing suits imo. Anyway, I live in toronto and for the first suit I'm leaning away from an online buy such as suitsupply/indiochino as I've read up on a lot of misfits and although they use good fabric, their quality isn't up to par.
My budget is 500-700. Might consider a little more if necessary but defnitely no more than 1000.
The suit brands known for good quality based on research are Harry Rosen/Brooks Brother/Zegna/(Hugo boss? Seems to be a lot of hate for it)/Ralph Lauren purple line.
Are there any cheaper stores with good quality like Moores/Top tailers/etc? (I've never been to those yet)
Also is Strauss MensWear at Fairview Mall worth looking into? They carry 3 brands. Their own, Hugo Boss, Zegna
Any recommendation and advices are appreciated.post #19420 of 2232212/31/12 at 7:22ampost #19421 of 2232212/31/12 at 11:37amHey everyone,
I think I'm getting these and would like some size advice. I have searched and wanted to verify my thinking based off of those searches. This is Loake, UK sizing, F-fitting (I think that's the width this boot comes in standard). I wear an 8 in the AE 5-last. I'm thinking I should go down a full size in this boot and buy a 7 but I'm not sure.post #19422 of 2232212/31/12 at 11:46ampost #19423 of 2232212/31/12 at 1:14pm
Hello forum members, I'm new here and have a question about some pants if somebody could give me any information on them. (They're Levi's)
I tried to make a new thread for it, but it just didn't happen. Do I need to have a certain amount of posts before I can open my own thread or something like that?post #19424 of 2232212/31/12 at 1:19pmI just thrifted these AEs for 5$ but they have seen much better days. Does anyone think it's worth it to send them to AE and see what they can do? The worst cracking is near the front where the natural bend is. The worst overall is behind the right top seam which has about a 1cm tear but isn't extremely noticeable.
http://imgur.com/a/HTDZupost #19425 of 2232212/31/12 at 2:17pmQuote:That's an option, of course. It's just that it'd bother me that AE would wind up charging me probably 2/3 as much as a new pair of shoes would run from the Shoebank, or even from amazon or Nordstrom during a good sale. Which doesn't mean I might not do it, just that it'd annoy me.
Still, for $5 those shoes are a major score. Even if you wind up choosing not to go the AE recrafting route, you could absolutely flip the shoes in their current condition on eBay, and make some profit on the deal.
Plus, if you do get them fixed up, they're nice, versatile shoes. Not some weird two-tone semi-demi-casual kiltie-and-tassel thing which you buy because they're Allen Edmonds, but never really want to wear. No, the pair you thrifted would work fine with most business suits.
Yeah, go get an estimate from AE. If it's ridiculously high, see if maybe there's a really good, old school cobbler, near you. They're not nearly as common as they once were, but in some places you can still find an expert cobbler. And if he could fix up your shoes, I bet he'd do it faster and far less expensively than would AE.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 2013 MLB Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › G&G Cannes Loafer in Pebble Grain 10.5DUK KN14 Last 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE JUNE 21ST 2013 - ORG'S BOLD TIE CHALLENGE 14 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw