Generally a decent one should be able to.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1289post #19321 of 2887512/26/12 at 5:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19322 of 2887512/26/12 at 7:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
There's a Merino wool one, at Aran Sweater Market. Made in Ireland, and it'll set you back less than $100. http://www.aransweatermarket.com/gents-knitwear/gents-sweaters/merino-wool-turtleneck-sweater
And the National Geographic store, of all places, has a nice looking men's Irish Aran turtleneck (pictured below), for about $150. http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/clothing/men%27s-clothing/sweaters/men%27s-irish-aran-turtleneck-sweater
Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors.
Those look great. Thanks!post #19323 of 2887512/26/12 at 8:01pmpost #19324 of 2887512/26/12 at 9:19pmpost #19325 of 2887512/26/12 at 11:38pmLooking for some chukka boots that are $300 or less. I tried on the Alden unlined chukkas and they were fantastic. Very comfortable, great suede quality, and most importantly, they looked sleek. Chukkas tend to have these bulbous toe boxes and these Alden's did not; they were great. Unfortunately I'm not willing to spend $460+tax on chukkas, so if anyone could recommend something high quality that might be equivalent that would be great.post #19326 of 2887512/27/12 at 12:55am
I will be making my first WW Chan suit come 8 Jan 2013 when I have a layover in HK for 10 hours.
I called in to check if a single fitting was sufficient and they were confident enough to assure me that it was so.
They also advised that an appointment could be made during their US tour stop in Chicago if anything was unsatisfactory.
I am 21 years young and entirely new to bespoke clothing. The suit will mainly be worn to bi-weekly/weekly business faculty meetings at my college.
I think I will be going for an understated and simple navy blue. Was wondering if anyone who bought a suit with them recently could chime in on the cloths they carry which represent better value (since they dont do CMT)? Any other advice is also appreciated! Thank you.post #19327 of 2887512/27/12 at 2:11am
A quick question about a tailoring mishap: I asked for shortened sleeves on a dress shirt. Instead of moving the entire cuff/gauntlet upward, my tailor simply moved the cuff upward. Now the gauntlet button and cuff button are uncomfortably close. How much of an issue is this? Any ideas for solutions? Otherwise, it's a very nice shirt.post #19328 of 2887512/27/12 at 2:40amstgrim -
Not sure why you'd want to pay for a bespoke suit without getting the full benefit of the process - i.e. at least one fitting (your first visit is not a fitting - there is no garment to fit yet. You'll just have your measurements taken and pick a cloth). They're not miracle workers - the suit they send you with no fittings will not be as good as the suit they send you after one or more. Especially as you are a new customer (mind you, at 21 your body might well carry on changing for another year or two, so I guess it doesn't matter too much).
I would advise being in less of a rush - get measured while you're in HK, have a fitting when they come to Chicago, and all being well, they will send you the finished suit shortly after that.
Also this forum may give the impression that it's usual for clients to supply their own cloth, but it's not.
Edited by E,TF - 12/27/12 at 3:07ampost #19329 of 2887512/27/12 at 2:57ampost #19330 of 2887512/27/12 at 3:01ampost #19331 of 2887512/27/12 at 6:54am
I'm searching for the make of these rather cool glasses, emailed the web site but no response as yet.
Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm clueless.
Thankyou!post #19332 of 2887512/27/12 at 7:20ampost #19333 of 2887512/27/12 at 7:24ampost #19334 of 2887512/27/12 at 8:32ampost #19335 of 2887512/27/12 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Badandy
Looking for some chukka boots that are $300 or less. I tried on the Alden unlined chukkas and they were fantastic. Very comfortable, great suede quality, and most importantly, they looked sleek. Chukkas tend to have these bulbous toe boxes and these Alden's did not; they were great. Unfortunately I'm not willing to spend $460+tax on chukkas, so if anyone could recommend something high quality that might be equivalent that would be great.
Loake Kempton or Pimlico? Charles Tyrwhitt also sells a rebadged Loake in wide sizes.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › New Jeans (Gap Outlet & Lucky Retail) Smell Aweful after Drying... 2 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 2 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts Tokyo Slim Fit x2 BNWT 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...