or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1282

post #19216 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

So just a button attached via a loop on its back, rather than a set of holes through which the stitching is pushed?

Right.
post #19217 of 28512

QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795).  It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it.  The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel.  I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever.  Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like.  My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated?  Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp?  Your responses are certainly appreciated.  Be brutally honest.  I can still return it for a full refund.  Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?  

 700

Thanks, 

 

David

post #19218 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


Right.

Great, thank you!

post #19219 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

Where can I get a good quality tweed blazer around 300 if possible

Possibly during brooks brothers after Christmas sale. Supposedly, if you get there before noon in the 26, you get an extra 15% off
post #19220 of 28512

Scotchgard(TM) Protectors are not recommended for use on velvet.  Velvet can be made of many different materials such as silk, cotton, nylon, polyester,and acetate, and there is no way of knowing which of these materials are in velvet slippers. From our testing, we have found that Scotchgard could cause dye bleed, lay down the the nap of the fabric, or leave white spots behind.  We unfortunately do not have a protector for velvet at this time.

Please see our website for products we do carry at www.scotchgard.com

post #19221 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Is the Gitman Bros. stuff on ebay real? They all seem to be right around $100. How do they sell them so much cheaper than Gitman Bros. themselves?

Could be past season's merchandise, defective merchandise and the like.
post #19222 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by blswinef View Post

is it okay to Scotchgaurd velvet slippers...I.E. Stubbs and Wootton / Del Toro? or will that ruin the velvet?

No need to Scotchguard them, as you should never wear them out of the house...
post #19223 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedoe View Post

QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795).  It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it.  The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel.  I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever.  Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like.  My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated?  Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp?  Your responses are certainly appreciated.  Be brutally honest.  I can still return it for a full refund.  Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?  
 700

Thanks, 

David

If you have other suits that you can wear when you need to be more conservative then I would keep it.
post #19224 of 28512

It's better to hang or fold shirs, t-shirts, sweaters...?

post #19225 of 28512
Fold sweaters.
post #19226 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidotes View Post

It's better to hang or fold shirs, t-shirts, sweaters...?

Dress/Sport shirts get hung and t-shirts and sweaters get folded.
post #19227 of 28512
I'm expecting a jacket from Italy, I'm in the UK. It was sent via Posta Raccomandata Internazionale 2 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. Does anyone have experience with them or know how long it should usually take to get a parcel to the UK using this service? I expect that it's probably taking a little longer with it being Christmas.

Thanks.
post #19228 of 28512
I read somewhere once that Italy had the third worst (i.e. most corrupt, least organized, etc) postal service in the world. Including all of Africa. I try to make it a best practice to never deal with any Italian postal entities.
post #19229 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

I read somewhere once that Italy had the third worst (i.e. most corrupt, least organized, etc) postal service in the world. Including all of Africa.
I don't know if it's the third worst in the world (although I'd have no trouble believing that it is). I do know that I'd never trust the Italian postal system with anything more important than a post card.

I hope your jacket arrives safely, drtchock. And I suppose it might. Eventually. Maybe. But I'd have paid extra for something like FedEx or DHL, rather than taking the crapshoot that is the Italian postal service.
post #19230 of 28512
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

I read somewhere once that Italy had the third worst (i.e. most corrupt, least organized, etc) postal service in the world. Including all of Africa. I try to make it a best practice to never deal with any Italian postal entities.

Well they are made for being worn outside the house...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here