Just a quick question, do you guys think this looks okay?? wearing brown dress shoes same color as belt
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1280
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19187 of 2537412/18/12 at 9:11ampost #19188 of 2537412/18/12 at 2:09pmpost #19189 of 2537412/18/12 at 2:57pmQuote:A topcoat isn't supposed to fit like a glove. You're supposed to be able to wear a sportcoat, a suit, or a sweater under your topcoat.
You're right; it's too small.
Could be that the Belvest topcoats just run small. Could be that you've put on a few pounds, although you'd probably be aware of that (since your other clothes would be a little tight). Whatever the explanation, it was nice of your wife to buy you a new topcoat, even if it doesn't quite fit. You let her know that, okay?
Admittedly, as someone who prefers traditional fit to the currently fashionable close/slim fit, I'm out of sync with most of the folks where on SF. Granted. But I'm not backing down from my position that with vanishingly few exceptions, a man should be able to wear a suit under his topcoat. Same way that if you can't button the collar button on your dress shirt, your shirt collar's too small. Or if you can't comfortably sit in your pants, your pants are too small.
I mean, I'm willing to be open-minded, but at some point I've got to draw the line.
I guess I was considering the idea that perhaps it's not meant to be a topcoat - there is no lining - it's constructed like a light weight suit jacket that just happens to come down to the top of my knee.
Regardless - it will be going back ... sadly, as it was the last of the lot.post #19190 of 2537412/18/12 at 3:11pmQuote:Ok, thanks a lot Michael. I just wanted to make sure.Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
They're just ordinary shoe trees, Left Hand. Made by Woodlore, if memory serves, and pretty much the same as the trees Allen Edmonds sells on its website. There's nothing uniquely wonderful or awful about them.
I suppose if you jammed a large shoe tree into a relatively small shoe, the tree might stretch out the shoe. But that's likely true no matter what the make of shoe tree; it's not as if it's purely a JAB thing.post #19191 of 2537412/18/12 at 3:52pmQuote:http://youtu.be/TSMTrYNvx4k
Version for beginners.
Natural way to do it. It needs practice or to have a lucky day.
I hope this helps.post #19192 of 2537412/18/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
Thank you sir. Also my tie is a 3" inch grenadine tie...should a tie at that width still have a dimple?post #19193 of 2537412/18/12 at 4:21pmpost #19194 of 2537412/18/12 at 4:54pmpost #19195 of 2537412/18/12 at 5:36pmpost #19196 of 2537412/18/12 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by EFBenson
I foolishly sat on my tweed cap while in a restaurant for a Christmas lunch lasting several hours. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any ideas how get these creases out? I made an attempt to iron them out, but this was ineffective.
Maybe try to steam it?post #19197 of 2537412/18/12 at 5:50pmpost #19198 of 2537412/18/12 at 7:01pmpost #19199 of 2537412/18/12 at 7:03pmpost #19200 of 2537412/18/12 at 8:09pm
I ran across this forum just now while searching for what a perfect shoe fit entails.
I just graduated college a few months ago started a new job as an analyst a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I bought two pair of shoes that were on sale, Madden Oxfords and Madden Loafers (cheap I know) to wear until I get my expenses and such figured out within the next or two.. then I will buy a nice pair like you all (AE's are very nice).
I attached two pictures of the loafers (worn for a week) and oxfords (haven't worn yet).
The first picture is where the creases occur and I have about an inch from the end of toes to the tip. Are the creases suppose to fold there even though the quality is very cheap? The shoes are extremely comfortable but I think they might be a 1/2in too long.
The second picture where my finger is pointing is where my toe ends and the 2nd red line below is where my toe knuckles are...
Sorry for the long post but the creases in the first picture are getting on my nerves even though they are inevitable. I learned a lot while I surfed tonight on how to take care of shoes and what not (cedar shoes!).
I too will start collecting shoes as well. It's time to collect big boy stuff!
Thanks in advance!
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Forum feels clogged 3 minutes ago
- › SELL CVV GOOD And HACKER BIG CVV GOOD Credit Card.Y!M:storecvv 4 minutes ago
- › SELL CVV GOOD balance !!! http://sellccvv.com/ 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › The 27 Year Old Virgin 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Everlane T-shirts 19 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw