I don't think so. I would wear a gray t shirt if t shirt is your jam. If you had black shoes I would say it is fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1270post #19036 of 2850912/8/12 at 5:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19037 of 2850912/8/12 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
The length appears to be okay. Current fashion trends call for what I consider to be overly short (sometimes ridiculously short) jacket lengths, and that's certainly not what you've got going for you with this blazer. But by most traditional standards (and if you're buying a Brooks Brothers blazer, even one with a moderately trim cut and narrow lapels, I suspect you may just have some degree of respect for traditional clothing standards) its length is perfectly fine. Absolutely no need to shorten it.
As something of an aside, I note that your pictures are both taken from the front. As are most "Is this jacket the right length?" pictures. But do bear in mind that one of the key determinative factors in assessing proper length is the extent to which a jacket covers your butt. This is generally a far more meaningful standard than any rule-of-thumb guideline about a jacket coming down to some point on the wearer's thumb, or his hand, or whatnot. Would that more "Is this jacket the right length?" pictures were taken from the side and rear. But I get that this isn't the norm, so relatively few people are likely to start doing it this way. (Adopting a natural posture in "Does it fit?/Is it too long?" pictures would also be a huge help. But, again, most people adopt an unnaturally stiff and upright posture in such pictures, and I don't see that fundamentally changing anytime soon.)
I concur. The length looks fine from what I can tell. Your shirt sleeves look a tad too long though. I usually don't have that much cuff showing.post #19038 of 2850912/8/12 at 7:09pm
Ran across this picture online while researching linen jackets earlier and thought I'd ask your opinions on it.
It appears to be a sportcoat with short sleeves, probably for tropical climates. If the fabric was good and the length was post-posterior, would it ever be acceptable for someone to wear something like this? With a collared short-sleeve shirt, mind.
Edited by deadAngle - 12/8/12 at 7:43pmpost #19039 of 2850912/8/12 at 8:59pmpost #19040 of 2850912/8/12 at 9:42pmpost #19041 of 2850912/9/12 at 12:04pmpost #19042 of 2850912/9/12 at 12:58pmpost #19043 of 2850912/9/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Not an answer to your question, but FWIW I have bought 31 inch sleeve BB OCBD's at a BB outlet and you can not get those on the website. It is possible that RL makes the shirts for another market or that the shirts are deadstock.post #19044 of 2850912/9/12 at 1:29pmpost #19045 of 2850912/9/12 at 2:17pmpost #19046 of 2850912/9/12 at 3:31pmQuote:
It's a cashmere sweater. It could be possible that Ralph Lauren makes stuff dedicated to the Asian market, because the guys out there are usually smaller than other markets. But is normal that brands difference the markets with sizes?post #19047 of 2850912/9/12 at 3:31pmI am going to a Christmas Party at my golf club next week. Very old school type club, and this is a very nice event where all men wears suits. I have a Navy BB Fitz suit that I plan on wearing. I would like opinions on shirt, tie and shoes. I have both walnut calf and black allen Edmond strands and since it is an evening event, I assumed black shoes would be more appropriate. I expect many are going to tell me I should wear a more formal cap toe shoe, but I am just starting to get my act together on my wardrobe, so take it easy on me. I was thinking white shirt,French cuffs, but not sure about tie and colour of shoes? I realize there are plenty of options, but you guys are the experts, give me your opinion .post #19048 of 2850912/9/12 at 5:27pm
Might anyone know how to remove 'dimples' from the collar of an OCBD Lands End shirt? I have tried ironing with a large amount of pressure, spray water, spray starch, and high steam setting on the iron to no avail. It has been hard to accurately capture this with a picture but perhaps this will appear familiar to someone who may be able to suggest a solution. Thanks.post #19049 of 2850912/9/12 at 9:13pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)