Thanks for the help, I'll post my impressions when they arrive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 1/16/14 at 1:49am in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1268
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19007 of 2752912/6/12 at 11:05pmAfter trying some different brands (BB, PRL, Uniqlo and other), I've decided that PRL OCBD (size S) fits me best, so I'm looking to buy half a dozen or so. Last time I picked some up for cheap (USD40 I think) at the Woodbury Common outlet, but I don't live in the States. Is there an online store that sells them cheaper than RL's own webshop (USD98).post #19008 of 2752912/7/12 at 12:30am
I realize that a tailor company has opened a new online shop
Anyone have tried their service before?? Any good or bad comments for this company?
Please just tell me if posting a video here is not appropriate and I'll delete it immediately!!
I really need your opinions, thankspost #19009 of 2752912/7/12 at 12:32ampost #19010 of 2752912/7/12 at 2:00amIf my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused herepost #19011 of 2752912/7/12 at 6:12ampost #19012 of 2752912/7/12 at 7:41amQuote:
No luck for custom fit in my size there. I'll wait for the Christmas sales, but not likely to find on the cheap outside the US.post #19013 of 2752912/7/12 at 7:53amQuick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?post #19014 of 2752912/7/12 at 8:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
Quick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?
Yeah, that'll do.post #19015 of 2752912/7/12 at 9:34am
I'm trying to build a basic tie collection and was wondering what I should prioritize.
I have three decent ties in navy; a repp tie (I think...) from Edsor, a solid navy tie from Eton and a pin dot tie from G&H on its way in the mail.
(Eton is probably not "decent" by SF standards, but I picked it up for 15 USD and the tie felt quite nice)
I'm also considering a navy grenadine tie from Sam Hober (or midnight blue) and was wondering what you think about the versatility of such a tie.
As you've probably understood I like ties that are navy/blue. :p
But are there other "staples" that you could recommend?
I've seen the tie list, gotten some inspiration from the Soporific Tie Porn-thread and other sites but I'm still a bit unsure of what my next purchase should be.
PS: I seldom wear a suit and when I do it's for a somewhat formal setting.post #19016 of 2752912/7/12 at 9:38ampost #19017 of 2752912/7/12 at 10:03ampost #19018 of 2752912/7/12 at 11:47amHello all.
Just stumbled upon some an article about style no no's this morning. The one about square toed shoes is news to me. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my 3 main pairs of dress shoes. I think they aren't as square as some of the things I've seen online, but not sure what to classify them as and determine where to go from here. Thanks for the help!post #19019 of 2752912/7/12 at 11:59ampost #19020 of 2752912/7/12 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
If my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused here
You're asking for trouble if you base your shoe purchases off your foot measurements. Every maker uses different lasts for their shoe offerings. All of them fit the foot in a different manner. You may wear a 9Din last #1 and a 10C in last #2.
If possible, it's in your best interest (both financially and foot comfort) to try the shoes on in person before purchasing.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 14 seconds ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 48 seconds ago
- › ***FS: Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, Black, Size 10D STAPLE *** 55 seconds ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***FS: Allen Edmonds Park Avenue Merlot, Size 10D NWT STAPLE *** 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › TRAIN WRECK CHALLENGE - SC/TIE WITH JEANS! 7 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw