Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 10:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1238post #18556 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18557 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:36am
I've currently accumulated about 3 decent dress shoes and all of them are Allen Edmonds. In the next few months, I'd like to take a step up in the world of leather dress shoes and purchase something that is better such as C&J or Carmina. What would be a good brand that would be considered a step up from AE?
Currently have =
AE fifth avenue
BB captoe (made by AE)
Also have some derbies from Common Projects and a casual oxford from Yuketen.
I should note that I work in a casual tech setting and never wear suits to work. I can wear whatever I want and often dress more MC casual 2-3 days a week and dress down (wear sneakers) the other days.post #18558 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:39ampost #18559 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:52am
Regarding loafers... included in this post are a few ebay postings for used loafers. I was curious as to your opinions about them. Please respond with which one you think is the best of the group if you have a free moment.
Thank you very much. I appreciate all the replies I've gotten on this forum so far. It's a big help. Feel free to just respond with the number (1-7).7 are the ones I have, but am thinking about getting rid of for one of the other options.post #18560 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:55ampost #18561 of 2832711/20/12 at 7:42pmpost #18562 of 2832711/20/12 at 7:58pmpost #18563 of 2832711/20/12 at 10:34pmpost #18564 of 2832711/20/12 at 10:40pm
Hi does anyone know where I can order, or find something very similar to this jumper?
Or better yet, if a tailor could reproduce it for me, for the best fit? I'm in Bangkok at the moment and I'm getting a suit made by a great tailor so I'm thinking of showing him the photo.. is this the kind of thing a tailor could reproduce; its a little different to the normal suits and shirts they seem to do.post #18565 of 2832711/20/12 at 11:21pmpost #18566 of 2832711/21/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Horn buttons will cost about $10-15 for the buttons (depending on # of sleeve buttons), and probably $1 a piece to get sewn on. I just had this done with a thrifted blazer and got the buttons here.post #18567 of 2832711/21/12 at 7:32ampost #18568 of 2832711/21/12 at 9:17ampost #18569 of 2832711/21/12 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by SartorialNYC
Hey. Just purchased a pair of loafers and I'm wondering what kind of clothes I can wear with these loafers in terms of casual / something a little more formal. Accidentally posted a thread about it and then saw this thread. Thanks.
You can wear anything with these except a suit. Others will tell you you can wear them with a suit, but don't.post #18570 of 2832711/21/12 at 9:45am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 36 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)