Any kind of topy should do the trick, but ultimate stealth soles are crepe. Maybe a commando sole would work as well? Depends on the boot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1236post #18526 of 2912311/18/12 at 10:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18527 of 2912311/18/12 at 11:18pmpost #18528 of 2912311/19/12 at 1:50ampost #18529 of 2912311/19/12 at 3:10ampost #18530 of 2912311/19/12 at 8:02ampost #18531 of 2912311/19/12 at 11:47ampost #18532 of 2912311/19/12 at 12:44pmpost #18533 of 2912311/19/12 at 12:56pmpost #18534 of 2912311/19/12 at 1:08pmpost #18535 of 2912311/19/12 at 3:12pmQuote:
Who is the maker on the shoes? I think a re-crafting service, if available from the maker, would do the trick for you. Other than that, if you haven't used saddle soap to clean off all the wax to take a look at what lie underneath, I'd recommend it and proceed from there.post #18536 of 2912311/19/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Who is the maker on the shoes? I think a re-crafting service, if available from the maker, would do the trick for you. Other than that, if you haven't used saddle soap to clean off all the wax to take a look at what lie underneath, I'd recommend it and proceed from there.
Regular English shoemakers (EG, C&J). Re-crafting is always an option but too expensive for the value in my case. I don't mind the color, just wonder if there is any cheap/quick fix.post #18537 of 2912311/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #18538 of 2912311/19/12 at 9:10pmpost #18539 of 2912311/19/12 at 9:17pmpost #18540 of 2912311/19/12 at 9:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bartleby Trout
So, I was wondering if you could tell me what I could wear with these. They are a reddish/brown pair of loafers. I was told that I cannot wear these with jeans because they are too formal looking. Is this true? Also, what kind of socks would I wear with these?
I'd say you can't wear those with jeans because they're too ugly looking. I recommend donating those.
EDIT: I realize that that sounds harsh. I wasn't trying to be offensive, I just think there's a lot of unnecessary stitching that's pretty ugly.
Edited by Chase H - 11/19/12 at 9:58pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 18 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 3 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...