or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1226

post #18376 of 28731

Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square?

 

 

post #18377 of 28731
Anyone knows the italian cashmere brand DORIANI? How's the quality compare to Loro Piana and Cucinelli?
post #18378 of 28731

Here is my small question.

 

Why do I more often need a smaller shoe size? Normally I would always have a 43 but the last few years a 42 fits perfectly and a 43 seems to big. Am I the only one? Or is there suddenly a new standard that I didn't hear about?

post #18379 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square?




Nay from me, I find them exceptionally ugly.
post #18380 of 28731

Does anyone know of a good place to get a suit altered in/around Portland, ME? A lot of the obvious choices that turn up in a google search get terrible reviews, and I'm reluctant to take a suit to someone who only has lots of experience hemming prom dresses and replacing zippers.

post #18381 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Kill them with fire.

Edit: Added spoiler tag so I didn't have to see any more pictures of them.
post #18382 of 28731
Those shoes are too square and too clunky. Please find AE seconds for $150 from the Shoe Bank and instantly look 100x better.
post #18383 of 28731

Is the AE shoe bank online? Google gave me a dead link.

post #18384 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somar View Post

Here is my small question.

 

Why do I more often need a smaller shoe size? Normally I would always have a 43 but the last few years a 42 fits perfectly and a 43 seems to big. Am I the only one? Or is there suddenly a new standard that I didn't hear about?

 

Anybody?

post #18385 of 28731

I do. I just look the best I can while I do it. happy.gif I think you misunderstood. Just as (to a greater extent) I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it matched my tie due to its associations with Nazism, I wouldn't wear sperrys due to the frat star association.

post #18386 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square?




please don't. Unless you have to for medical reasons.
post #18387 of 28731

I sincerely love the honesty here.

post #18388 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Is the AE shoe bank online? Google gave me a dead link.

shoebank@allenedmonds.com

Not sure of their phone number but give them an email. Check Allen Edmonds website to see which model you want.
post #18389 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hawisher View Post

I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it matched my tie
I call Godwin's Law, and move that further discussion of the Sperry Top-Sider/Frat Boy connection be avoided.
semi smile.gif
--
Michael
post #18390 of 28731
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


shoebank@allenedmonds.com
Not sure of their phone number but give them an email. Check Allen Edmonds website to see which model you want.


Thank you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here