Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 1:38 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1210post #18136 of 2887810/25/12 at 2:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18137 of 2887810/25/12 at 3:32pmpost #18138 of 2887810/25/12 at 3:52pmQuote:
Hike them up. You either have a nonexistent ass or you are wearing them too low. The rise on those pants look standard.post #18139 of 2887810/25/12 at 4:02pmpost #18140 of 2887810/25/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Looks like lots of excess fabric at the waist and hips, you were just sweeping all those to the back, which looks very apparent. You shirt will come untucked too easily.
Maybe a side view would help, but I think you have a flat seat, leading to bunching of fabric behind your pants. Still looks low to me though, could be a photo illusion!post #18141 of 2887810/25/12 at 6:29pmpost #18142 of 2887810/25/12 at 7:55pm
Great deal on gilt for sebastien grey MTM suits (at least, seems to be). Anyone here with experience with the company, and, am I asking for trouble being fairly new to purchasing suits, in going for something like this? I would probably wait until I'd had a little more experience but seems to be a pretty good deal @ ~ $500 so I"m thinking of going for it.post #18143 of 2887810/25/12 at 8:24pmpost #18144 of 2887810/26/12 at 12:43am
OK, another attempt. I appreciate the patience you folks have shown with my foolish questions.
--AH--, you were exactly right that I swept the shirt fabric to the back before. I included a side shot this time for you. You're probably also right that I have a flat seat, although I think it looks a little less flat this time.
Seems like the pants are a little too short now that I pulled them up. Should I go an inch or two longer on the inseam?post #18145 of 2887810/26/12 at 2:24ampost #18146 of 2887810/26/12 at 8:46ampost #18147 of 2887810/26/12 at 11:10am
I have this nice black wool suit which I wear once a month, I had alterations made to the sleeves after i bought it. I never noticed straight away after but I have a strange wrinkling as in the photo attached. It will not drop out with the usual method of hanging in a steamy room. I'm starting to think it might of got damaged some how, but I can't imagine where as I take good care of my clothes. any help would be appreciated in identifying the problem and solving it.post #18148 of 2887810/26/12 at 11:32ampost #18149 of 2887810/26/12 at 11:38ampost #18150 of 2887810/26/12 at 11:58amQuote:Your white shirt needn't be "top notch." It should fit you, be clean, be relatively wrinkle-free, etc. But it truly won't matter that you're wearing a $35 Lands' End white dress shirt, instead of a $250 white dress shirt.
Brooks Brothers was likely used as shorthand for "a traditional, business-appropriate suit." Brooks Bros. is not the only source of such suits. A whole lot of interview suits are purchased at Jos. A. Bank (usually for around 70% off, during one of JAB's very frequent sales), and while most JAB suits fail to find much love here on styleforum, in part because they tend not to be as slim-fitting as some people here prefer, I really don't see you losing any points at your interview for wearing a more traditional-fitting navy or grey suit, white shirt, and appropriate tie, shoes, etc.
There are other sources of business-appropriate suits, of course. I simply used Jos. A. Bank as an example, because it's a popular source, and cheaper than Brooks. A little review of past posts should provide you with a number of other choices.
If the book you're reading explains WHY it recommends certain items, pay attention to understanding those reasons. If the book doesn't explain, for example, why you should look for certain qualities in a shirt, why a particular color of suit is recommended, why some necktie patterns are preferable to others, etc., then find another book which does explain the reasoning behind the author's choices. Dressing appropriately is more about understanding the underlying rationale, and not so much about slavishly obeying an author's directions without either deviation or comprehension.
Edited by 12345Michael54321 - 10/26/12 at 12:16pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › FREE TV=Watch Lille vs Everton live streaming 30 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 43 seconds ago
- › *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** 1 minute ago
- › LIVE TV=Watch Lille vs Everton live streaming 1 minute ago
- › SOCCER= Watch Lille vs Everton live streaming 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › NWOT Avon Celli Cashmere V Neck Sweater - Large 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › India Trip: Tips, Tricks, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...